Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6960 6961 [6962] 6963 6964 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460059 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104415 on: April 21, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »

@Caroline:Is there anything we can do to help you?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104416 on: April 21, 2016, 09:37:41 pm »

If you plan to get the hell out of dodge I might be able to fling a number of dollars in your general direction.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104417 on: April 21, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »

If you plan to get the hell out of dodge I might be able to fling a number of dollars in your general direction.
I could probably scrape something together somehow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104418 on: April 21, 2016, 09:44:45 pm »

@Caroline:I don't know if we can do ludicrous, but we could get you a plane ticket somewhere sane, I bet...
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104419 on: April 21, 2016, 10:13:23 pm »

Well, whatever. Moving overseas is a big step and is certainly not easy, but I don't think you're likely to regret which is why I kinda want to help.

I don't really deserve it much, either.
I don't care tbqh fam
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104420 on: April 21, 2016, 10:13:44 pm »

Hey, it doesn't matter if you think deserve it or not if the people wanting to help you think you do deserve it. We don't owe you anything and you don't owe us anything, if we think you're cool enough to be helped then I'm sorry to tell you but there's nothing you can do about that (short of revealing you're hitler), nothing!! MWAHAHAAH

Anyways, now that the crazy allnighter speak is out of my system, a saner bit of advice would be not only escaping, but hiding where you're running to in some way. Of course that also requires money, so better start saving!

My sad of the day is that I just found out God Is An Astronaut will be performing relatively nearby in three months time. The trouble is, they're doing it one week before Iron Maiden, and I've already bought tickets for them, don't think I'll be able to justify two big expenses of that nature in such a short timeframe. But maaaan I really wanna go see al of these bands that I've loved for so long, and it seems they're all doing stuff this year :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104421 on: April 21, 2016, 10:29:50 pm »

@Caroline: I may not be able to send you money, or even comfort you effectively, but I can relate. It does start to scare me somedays, how telling lies is easier than the truth, to the point where I can't always tell the difference anymore. I don't like to talk about my past, mainly because the parts that I remember are bad, but also because I can't remember the rest, even if I know I should. The only thing I can suggest is to not do what I've done, which is disappear into a land of books and video games until you start to forget who you were before the books and the games.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #104422 on: April 21, 2016, 10:32:58 pm »

So a neighbor is making bullshit complaints to police and the home owner's association that started with one reasonable complaint, which we immediately addressed, but have now expanded to a shitload of unreasonable shit beyond our control, half-truths, and blatant falsehoods.  And it looks like it's working.  We're being asked to get rid of the dog we got a few months ago to help our 7 year old with serious mental health issues, and I fear it won't stop at that because they're complaining about our kids too.  And we can't afford to move.

This again...

Shortly after that post, I made an impassioned e-mail to our landlord about how it wasn't just about the dog.  It started with the dog, but then after we addressed the complaints about the dog, they just moved on to other complaints.  It's a solid case of bullying, and we don't have a choice but to stand up to them.  We laid out considerable evidence.  Our landlord relayed some of those to the HOA and asked to arrange a meeting between all parties.  They refused, have been incredibly avoidant ever since, and we hadn't heard anything about complaints from them in over a month.  I thought it had blown over.

But then tonight, we send our kids out to walk the dog.  When they go out, the man neighbor has his garage open and is doing something in there.  As illustrated in the photo below, the guy's garage is right next to our door.  This is the only way in/our of our condo, unless we go through our garage... just to the right of our front door in the photo. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So our dog has learned by now not to like this guy, and immediately veers in that direction and starts barking at him.  They're just small kids, and the dog is medium-sized but still a puppy lacking discipline.  So of course, it gets a short distance into his garage.  The guy responds by loudly banging on his trash can and yelling at them to get the hell out.  My wife hears this, because his garage is right under our living room.  Goes out and sees our kids rushing the dog away, the younger one crying.  She's a confrontational type, and marches right down to ask him what the hell.  Our roommate immediately gets me. 

I get down there and the guy is being hostile as hell.  He tells us that he's verified with police that he's within his rights to shoot the dog if it sets a single foot on his property.  My wife is getting really upset at this point and starts yelling at him about how unreasonable he's being.  He yells back that he's the one who has a right to be upset because his vehicle "suffered damage" because our dog peed on it, claims that it's continued happening (we're 100% certain it has not), and adds cryptic remarks about how we'll find out on the 26th, foreboding that he's pulled some strings and we're going to suffer consequences on this date.  At this point our scrawny little 7 year old, who is extremely protective about people/dogs that he cares about, starts entering one of his righteous anger trances, growling and clenching his fists at the guy.  He says he's going to hurt our kid if he sets foot in his garage, and starts going off wildly about how we're bad parents and shit.

So I usher the kids inside, because everything's getting out of control.  My wife calls the police and tells them we're being threatened.  Police show up, speak with both parties separately, and basically tell us "Yeah, it's rough with your situation, but the burden is on you to find a way to keep your kids and dog from touching his property even the slightest bit.  He's within his rights to make that demand, and everything else is just personal dispute."  When we explain that there's physical threats involved, and the demands being made in order to avoid those things are unreasonable, the officer shrugs it off, explains there's nothing he can do and he doesn't have any suggestions for us.  We just have to figure it out.

So now we can't let our kids exit the only door to our residence unless we're there with them, and we'll have our phone cameras set and ready every time we do.  Because if our kids take one step to the right and then backwards, they're in physical danger from a psycho, and if the law isn't on that guy's side, he at least believes that it is.  And we're probably going to shell out for a surveillance camera looking out over the guy's driveway, so we can better dispute any further claims, and film any altercations.

And it's 11:30 pm and I have hours of research to do by tomorrow to gather evidence on why roughly 300 product codes (out of a database of at least 40,000) don't precisely match formatting between our database and our customer's, because our customer's compliance manager has been in a shitty mood lately and digging for any little imperfection he can find to claim that our business standards are "falling apart".

Welcome to 'Merica.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:41:52 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104423 on: April 21, 2016, 10:39:01 pm »

Ah, America. The only place where "I have a gun and a potato, I'll kill you if you touch this potato" can be said and must be taken seriously.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #104424 on: April 21, 2016, 11:18:41 pm »

Yeesh, Salmon. Good luck, I guess. Sucks that there's not much you can do.

Ah, America. The only place where "I have a gun and a potato, I'll kill you if you touch this potato" can be said and must be taken seriously.

Not to undersell America's crazy, but not really.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104425 on: April 21, 2016, 11:52:49 pm »

This came out of nowhere.
That's generally how death works. Even if you're super old.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104426 on: April 21, 2016, 11:57:15 pm »

My smile twists into a form of morbid, plaintive fascination. My thoughts jumbled, between states of betrayal, of pity, and of revenge. "I have done nothing wrong," I rationalize. A mere financial boon, given to me as part of a reward by someone I no longer care about, was used against me. The devils must be laughing.

They once said, "Stow away whatever prize you gain, as that is indeed due to you, for them being the fuckers they are." So I did. But a mere call, and some information that god-knows-I-didn't-tell anyone come out, and I am left puzzled.

"How did they know so much? Who told them (a majority of which are lies) these statements? Why can't they ever disclose the name of someone when their own child is suffering from misplaced abuse from their own siblings?!"

I grope around for knowledge. I grope around for facts that they owe, but am incapable of piecing together. I do not have all the answers. I do not have all the reasons. I am in a panic. I get blamed anyway.

"You fucker! You traitor! You must have called them when you were going home after you were scolded for lackluster performance! I am separating ties with you! Get out of my sight, or else I will kill you on the spot!"

I am distraught. "I have done nothing. I have done nothing wrong. Why is everything being affixed to me."

"They already betrayed me once. They can do it again," they say.

The sheer doubt generated from the event, I am no longer sure whether I should still be alive, if I should just kill myself, or if I should make them pay for accusing me of something I didn't do. I am torn. I cannot exact revenge; that would make me an ingrate, because they have done a lot. But consider this: they have also readily and conveniently disposed of me at the earliest notice, at a mere thought of me possibly having back-stabbed them.

I am in a flux, in which I am torn, and reintegrated in a chaotic whole, at every single moment. I want to live, and want to die.

I was never deserving of any of these accusations.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104427 on: April 22, 2016, 12:07:37 am »

unreasonable shit
Could you take him to court for... I dunno, harassment, aggression? It's basically dumb that he wants to keep you off his property when it's right next to your front door.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104428 on: April 22, 2016, 04:19:15 am »

Still sick.
I really wanted to go out tonight, since not one but two good bands that I am friends with are playing a free show at a bar nearby, but I know if I went my cold would get worse and I'd feel terrible tomorrow. But... arggh, I really want to go. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104429 on: April 22, 2016, 06:30:46 am »

*hugs SalmonGod, Trapezohedron*

I... Have nothing else to say.

I literally cried.

Good luck, the both of you...

Also, @Caroline:How much, ideally, would you need?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6960 6961 [6962] 6963 6964 ... 8167