Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6955 6956 [6957] 6958 6959 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455890 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104340 on: April 19, 2016, 05:50:02 pm »

Then tell them to go away.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104341 on: April 19, 2016, 06:29:37 pm »

They then go into "MAXIMUM ASSHOLERY!" mode and start being the biggest assholes they can. I find it easiest to just ignore them.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104342 on: April 19, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »

Kick them in the 'nads?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104343 on: April 19, 2016, 06:36:00 pm »

I need a better excuse than them to get myself suspended. I might be able to *accidentally* provoke one of them though.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104344 on: April 19, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

It's at school?

Can't you talk to the staff about it?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104345 on: April 19, 2016, 06:43:27 pm »

I don't necessarily mean teachers, but, like, the guidance department.
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104346 on: April 19, 2016, 06:46:20 pm »

If they're being intentionally harmful assholes I think it's safe to stop calling them friends at that point. Human shaped bags of anuses (anii?) would be more appropriate.

And your approach of ignoring them is appropriate, just spice it up with some verbal jabs and snipes, something along the lines of "You're a waste of space and time, please stop talking to me so I can stop wasting brain matter on ignoring you, thanks." Remeber to be as polite as possible, it's hard to be an ass towards someone who's being polite, even if they're insulting your very existance.

Oh right, sads, this morning, around 4 AM, I was half awake and started hallucinating, or was dreaming rather vividly, not quite sure. In either case, giant centipedes started crawling out of my pillow and in a fit of mad panic I jumped out of the bed and stared at it for several seconds, before going to get a drink until the horrors went away. Didn't really sleep well afterwards.

Also kinda this, but more in a way that makes me think, so it might be an overall positive thing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104347 on: April 19, 2016, 06:47:13 pm »

Oh, you mean the "Turn the other cheek and pretend things are perfect" department? Yeah, they won't do a thing. They rarely even talk to people, unless there are threats of suicide/murder. And then whoever is being threatened/is suicidal is blamed anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104348 on: April 19, 2016, 07:09:24 pm »

:o

I stand corrected.  Go kick them in the 'nads.  Until their heads are no longer inside their rectums.
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104349 on: April 19, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »

I can't; They're so far up each other's rectums they're practically a human centipede!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104350 on: April 19, 2016, 07:16:47 pm »

Try higher on the food chain?
Sigtext

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104351 on: April 19, 2016, 07:47:20 pm »

Why the fuck do I still have a crush on a girl who I know isn't interested in me? It's been three months, and it's still making me miserable. Then again, apparently I'm not even worth being clear to about these things.

Now, now, don't depress over liking someone who you know won't reciprocate. It's a thing with the body that plays you like a fiddle, that you still remain attracted to people whom you've become rather attracted to. It's not because you're unworthy that's why you still keep on liking someone who doesn't reciprocate. Otherwise, if the world was on-and-off switches, you would have been able to control boner reactions at will. And we all know that on certain occasions, these things act independently and react, and also one may have a hard time (ahem) retracting it.

By gender stereotypes I do not mean "hunky guy lazily watching TV while lifting 200000-lb weight" or such. I mean things that would make somebody think "hey, that's girly" or "seems a bit masculine."

To be honest, I'm not sure how that is any different from the other. Both of them are the same thing; the former being a conglomeration of the latter. The point still stands; you should not be too concerned taking part of activities your culture (and it is usually culture that determines masculinity/femininity) determines, gender perceptions be damned.

What you should (and everyone else) fret on is on how you plan to survive once you get past that stage, but that's neither here nor there.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104352 on: April 19, 2016, 08:03:30 pm »

Just dug out my certificate from the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course I did a while ago.
Turns out that was way back in 2013, and I never got around to even trying to get a job related to it. Damn. That's kind of sad.

Now my job agency wants me to add this and my other, incredibly few (well, two) qualifications to my resume. It's like a gallery of failures; things I've never bothered doing anything with. It's not like I really want to have a job, but y'know, it'd be nice to have the capability of actually getting and keeping a job, as well as then not having to attend job/unemployment agency appointments all the time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104353 on: April 19, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »

Finally retiring Adil Olinlolor (Tongsletter)...
Godspeed you rad ambiguous dwarf, and your little cat too!  Thanks Shade-O, wherever you are, for the rad forum game and the awesome custom portrait which I've repeatedly defaced.

Hello explicitly genderfluid Steam avatar.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104354 on: April 19, 2016, 10:25:58 pm »

I'm so bored. I would literally walk to McDonald's and buy like 5 large fries just to waste time if it wasn't dark out. Also I love McDonald's fries. I'm not fat, I swear. My mind drifts way too much. I lie too often. Charisk is great stuff, you should go luck at it. DON'T LOOK AT ANYTHING BESIDES FLUFF. Well, do what you want I guess. I have an MRE next to me.

Pages: 1 ... 6955 6956 [6957] 6958 6959 ... 8167