Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6946 6947 [6948] 6949 6950 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451733 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104205 on: April 12, 2016, 10:45:24 pm »

lol there's no way he's taking it down it's a cash cow

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104206 on: April 12, 2016, 10:47:14 pm »

It better still be up after the end though. I wanted to finish it, damn it!
Dude what.  You will definitely be able to finish HS.  I mean, he's left PS up since ever too, yeah?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104207 on: April 12, 2016, 10:56:35 pm »

I am currently procrastinating doing one of my hobbies because programming is intimidating.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104208 on: April 12, 2016, 11:09:34 pm »

Same, except poetry.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #104209 on: April 12, 2016, 11:10:21 pm »

I am currently procrastinating doing one of my hobbies because programming is intimidating.
I feel that.  Its hard when you run up against a wall in project.  For me its always when there's something I don't yet know how I'm going to do, or something that requires writing many lines of code at once before it will do anything.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104210 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:00 pm »

That "wall" you're describing for me is almost always (and is in this case, too,) just getting started. The scope of things that I want to do is daunting, and the knowledge that I have of the topic at hand is very limited.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104211 on: April 12, 2016, 11:33:25 pm »

Hello, me
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104212 on: April 12, 2016, 11:36:01 pm »

Homestuck has ended (probably).

It's a happy end, but a sad moment.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #104213 on: April 12, 2016, 11:48:16 pm »

Getting started is the hardest thing to do, almost no matter what it is.  Then once you start, the hardest thing is stopping when you need to.

Perfect example: sleep
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104214 on: April 12, 2016, 11:53:10 pm »

I came up with this username way back when I was making a Neopets account*... probably the first thing I ever made an account for.
The name 'Yoink' was taken, and so per the site's suggestion I chucked a couple of numbers on the end and boom, Yoink86 was born into the world and it (or just plain Yoink) was used by me in various places around the internet for years to come.

*Not actually my first Neopets account, but the one I actually set up properly, with my parents faxing away the permission form and everything. Such dedication...
Still sad about that account getting stolen years later when I went back to try and play it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104215 on: April 12, 2016, 11:55:02 pm »

Nah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #104216 on: April 13, 2016, 12:05:10 am »

My original nickname was somewhere around the lines of "KotMroku1", the 1 being there because I feckd up and made two accounts. It basically means "Cat of Darkness", "Shadow Cat", you catch the drift. Since then I started to use just "Kot" but the name is rarely available, understandably, or "BattulBruvaCat" I never had problems with. The shorter version is "Battul". I also tend to turn them into cyrylic for shits and giggles. If I only could understand what those Russians in Cs:Go are saying. :/
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104217 on: April 13, 2016, 12:58:16 am »

I'm probably not going to be able to afford to go to college this year.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104218 on: April 13, 2016, 01:01:27 am »

Got any room for getting Grants, pursuing Scholarships, or even loans? Or is it something else?

Not sure what you've looked into, but there's a lot of possible ways to make it work if you can put the time in.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104219 on: April 13, 2016, 01:11:11 am »

Got any room for getting Grants, pursuing Scholarships, or even loans? Or is it something else?
I've applied for a lot of the first two. Nothing real has come of it. Part of the problem is that, technically, we can pay for it. Can, but won't. Parents are being... unforthcoming with any financial assistance. So, financial aid is not a thing I can get, and a lot of scholarships I am either ineligible for or lower down on the list for.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.
Pages: 1 ... 6946 6947 [6948] 6949 6950 ... 8167