Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6941 6942 [6943] 6944 6945 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449007 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104130 on: April 10, 2016, 12:53:22 pm »

*hugs miauw*

I...Saw what you wrote.

There's someone out there.

I wish you the best of luck in finding them.
there isnt

As someone who didn't see that, but can guess...

So, either you know the minds of everyone on Earth and know perfectly what they would see in you.
Or you're being unrealistic to allow yourself a bit of perfectly normal but really unhelpful and self-destructive self-loathing.

Maybe don't make up the minds of other people for them about how they should see you, eh? :3

Try to love yourself even if it's hard, and be the best You you can possibly be. That's the only road to self satisfaction I know of, and from there you're best equipped to fulfill yourself, and be emotionally avaliable for another person.
I live in a shitty town, go to a small school and hardly ever get out. When I do it's almost always just with dudes because of my interests. Even if there is somebody, the chance that i'll ever actually find somebody is basically zero. so why bother trying if it's not getting me anywhere anyway.

and being happy about myself is really fucking hard if i've just been fucking useless for the past two weeks but i cant bring myself to do anyting that makes me fucking satisfied

And don't judge yourself in terms of significant other?  You ought to have self-respect, you've earned it.  Literally just from what I've seen, from your contributions in a single stupid project, I respect you far more than a typical person.

But just in general, relationships is a terrible metric for self-respect.  It's backwards.  Respect yourself, *then* go dating.  Not only are you more attractive, but the relationships you find are less likely to be dangerously unbalanced.
i can't respect myself because i literally can't do shit. i cant even bring myself to make the really fucking easy first steps on something, and just play dumb games all day that just make me frustrated instead of being actually fun. and i just really don't feel like an interesting person. nobody wants to listen to me talk, and i'm not good at anything useful, just at things that make people think im weird.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104131 on: April 10, 2016, 01:39:07 pm »

literally every boyfriend and girlfriend I have EVER had (except for a one-off in high school that doesn't really count) I've met through online dating. :v OKCupid is stellar.

Meeting people in person is so passe~ :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104132 on: April 10, 2016, 01:56:33 pm »

I don't think I could date someone who has low enough standards to date me.     :V

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104133 on: April 10, 2016, 02:11:43 pm »

I doubt anyone on this planet has low enough standards to date me :V
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104134 on: April 10, 2016, 02:19:24 pm »

Obvious answer: BlackFlyme, chaotic skies, stop mooning about and date each other.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104135 on: April 10, 2016, 02:27:45 pm »

Obvious answer: BlackFlyme, chaotic skies, stop mooning about and date each other.
Darn it, I was going to make that joke!

Except it would have been insensitive so no.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104136 on: April 10, 2016, 03:49:46 pm »

Still made me smile a little :)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104137 on: April 10, 2016, 05:18:19 pm »

OK, right now I'm suffering a case of anxiety and some stress over some work. This is NOT helped by the fact said work is utterly REFUSING to cooperate with me.
*applies hugpats*

What are you trying to do?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #104138 on: April 10, 2016, 05:36:47 pm »

It says a bit about my life that I haven't posted in Happy thread yet. Not even PTW.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104139 on: April 10, 2016, 05:38:04 pm »

It says a bit about my life that I haven't posted in Happy thread yet. Not even PTW.
That is sad...
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104140 on: April 10, 2016, 08:07:34 pm »

It's never too late. Honestly it's worth visiting the thread just for the anime girls in the OP.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #104141 on: April 10, 2016, 08:40:34 pm »

arblgf

So you know what part of having irritable bowels is the worst? It's not the increased flatulence sensitivity, the frequent bowel discomfort with occasional accompanying nausea, the highly variant poop texture or the... Well, i think you get it. Basically, the actual physical things aren't the worst part, since most of them are either tolerable or mitigable. The worst thing is that it also fucks with my emotions. You know how certain emotions, such as fear and worry, can go right into your gut? Well, it goes the other way round too. Pressure in the right/wrong places of my bowels make me feel anxious and negative. This, of course, opens up the path for a feedback loop when i get anxious about what's making my gut feel like that. Every time i fear that i've eaten something bad (which is almost never actually true), i basically have to make a will save in order to stay calm and avoid puking.

I've still only had food poisoning once in my entire life, and that was a few years ago by now. The memory of violently evacuating everything out of both ends still haunts me, even if it may sound comical when phrased like that. There was absolutely nothing left to barf up after the first half hour, and it kept going for what, several hours? I actually genuinely ended up crying because of how unpleasant the whole ordeal was. :I

So yeah, that kind of traumatized me. I'm terrified of puking now because the whole ordeal started out with me puking, and being terrified of puking WHILE PUKING is a wholly fucking certain way to make sure that you feel like you're going to die.

thankfully i just have evil fart genies right now
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104142 on: April 10, 2016, 09:28:43 pm »

Am I out of my mind or is this a fake job posting?

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=%22Opulent+Solutions%2C+LLC%22&filter=0

Is "Opulent Solutions" real, and is this job posting real? You can see why I'm looking at it a little funny, because really, how many locations can they do this thing from. Also I can't find a site for the posting company which appears to be a recruiter? Plus look how many times they have posted this in just about every location you can think of (go to the other pages...).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104143 on: April 10, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »

I would probably side-eye that job a bit, but hey, sometimes companies just do shit like that through shady recruiters. Epic Systems in Wisconsin does that sometimes, from what I gather.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104144 on: April 10, 2016, 09:37:19 pm »

That's a fair point Max.

Although, it seems like they are wanting someone to do real estate permitting. That's a fairly location dependent task.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 6941 6942 [6943] 6944 6945 ... 8167