Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6937 6938 [6939] 6940 6941 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447306 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104070 on: April 08, 2016, 12:30:21 am »

More "but it refused".

Unrelated, I am apparently an overbearing a-hole.  Why, me, why do I do that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:45:20 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104071 on: April 08, 2016, 01:03:24 am »

My best is worthless.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104072 on: April 08, 2016, 01:19:02 am »

My best is worthless.
Depends on how you define "worth"; and it only matters as much as you want it to.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104073 on: April 08, 2016, 01:31:36 am »

I've been getting by with the knowledge that my entire existence is meaningless anyways, but I don't know if I can keep doing this. Nothing I do helps anyone nor will have any lasting influence. I'm going to die alone and forgotten and the world would be mostly the same if I was never born.

I guess by tomorrow I'll get over this and go back to being a meaningless background person again.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:34:11 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104074 on: April 08, 2016, 01:57:55 am »

Relevant XKCD. This is basically my philosophy to life.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104075 on: April 08, 2016, 02:02:43 am »

Why do my phone browser always crash just as I'm about to post something I've spent such an effort to pin down on that stupid little screen.
Love, scriver~

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104076 on: April 08, 2016, 02:16:50 am »

And now I stayed up past 2 AM doing nothing.

I need to turn my life around. Make a full 360, walk away, realize I'm in the same direction, do a 180, make an evasive maneuver and a barrel roll, then crash land in the middle of an island in the pacific as I try to make some kind of failed allegorical metaphor at 2 in the morning while angry and sad at my life choices and the path my life is taking.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104077 on: April 08, 2016, 04:59:34 am »

My best is worthless.
No it is NOT!

You've helped people!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #104078 on: April 08, 2016, 05:26:12 am »

My best is worthless.

I've been getting by with the knowledge that my entire existence is meaningless anyways, but I don't know if I can keep doing this. Nothing I do helps anyone nor will have any lasting influence. I'm going to die alone and forgotten and the world would be mostly the same if I was never born.

I guess by tomorrow I'll get over this and go back to being a meaningless background person again.

It's not as if helping anyone, having influence, dying surrounded by people, or being remembered would actually make any difference in who you are as a person.  If there is any sort of intrinsic value in an individual, nothing with one's circumstance should have anything to do with it.  Regardless of whether you see value in yourself or not, you have to remember, you're existentially on equal footing with literally every person who's ever lived.

You are not alone.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104079 on: April 08, 2016, 09:43:29 am »

My total victory against the ill 8) minarty.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104080 on: April 08, 2016, 04:40:55 pm »

My dog pretty much just died, so I had him put to sleep. Poor son of a bitch was in a lot of pain and couldn't do too damn much. Fuck. I fed him a side of fucking beef before it happened. Fuck.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104081 on: April 08, 2016, 05:15:50 pm »

My dog pretty much just died, so I had him put to sleep. Poor son of a bitch was in a lot of pain and couldn't do too damn much. Fuck. I fed him a side of fucking beef before it happened. Fuck.
:(
 :'(
*hugpats*
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #104082 on: April 08, 2016, 08:18:44 pm »

I feel like I'm a scatterbrained doofus who lacks the organizational skills and ability to focus necessary to dealing with adult life for more that 3 months without letting it get away from me and falling into a breakdown of anxiety, depression, and procrastination. I keep missing important emails, namely the one that tells me I'm on academic probation (which I feared I might be at the end of last quarter), and gives me a contract to fulfill or else face expulsion and permaban from the University. This I find out when I try to add more classes before the deadline, only to find I'm on a hold that prevents schedule changes (and by the time I get this contract thing in and processed, it'll probably be at the point where professors feel I've missed too much to catch up, preventing me from getting the number of classes I need).

How can I be so stupid as to keep dropping the ball like this? Why do I feel like I'm working my butt off even when I'm getting jack shit done?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104083 on: April 08, 2016, 11:12:17 pm »

@HugoLuman: I'm on academic probation as well. Last semester, I was struggling procrastination, apathy for school, and to some degree anxiety. I didn't get the best grades and even failed two classes. That being said, I think what helped me a lot was support from others. Talk to your professors and explain to them your problem. Some will hopefully be understanding and help you out. If possible ask for extensions or an incomplete so you have enough time to catch up. Talk to your advisor/counselor/dean, their job is to help you in situations like these. Even if these talks don't pan out, you know you at least tried.

But even with the help of others, everything ultimately came down to me. I had to dig myself out of the hole and climb back up. It was hard, and I got to say it's occasionally still hard. Negative thoughts of all sorts would prevent me from starting to work and even when I was working, negativity would still distract me. To get something down, I had to push through, ignore the negatives, and move forward. The thing is you have to stay on the task and not give up. I didn't do it perfectly, but I learned from my mistakes, built upon them, and continued to work. Each step slowly helped me regain my determination and remember the joy of learning and creating. Practice and persistence is key. It wasn't easy, but I'm now doing a lot better now and will be off of academic probation by the end of the semester.

Now much of this is just my own personal experience so I completely understand if it isn't exactly applicable to you. You have do what you have to do and work what you have to work. You know you best and frankly you are the ultimately the only one the can help yourself. You might drop the ball, you probably will drop the ball, but you can pick it up and continue forging on. Focus sometimes doesn't come immediately, but has to grown with time and effort. In short, you can do it.
Max avatar size is 80x80

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #104084 on: April 08, 2016, 11:55:39 pm »

Thanks. And yeah, I know. It's a lot about consciousness and mindfulness (which I'm not best at, being increasingly scatterbrained), but repetition and reinforcement of the message does help. And I can benchmark myself on at least doing better than previously, I suppose. At least this time I don't feel like I deserve to die.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 6937 6938 [6939] 6940 6941 ... 8167