Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6914 6915 [6916] 6917 6918 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419900 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103725 on: April 01, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »

Please let it be real
I need Trump to have an opinion on Nitori, or a declared lack of opinion
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:17:52 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103726 on: April 01, 2016, 08:02:49 pm »

Cinder, you're one of the most helpful people in the Sad thread.

Seriously, stop doubting yourself.

Also, *hugs*.
I just don't feel like anyone respect my attempt to help them. They just see me as a naïve optimist who is lying to them about the world to make them feel better. They just think that everything I say is wrong because I'm just a dumb kid who hasn't gone throug as much as they did.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103727 on: April 01, 2016, 08:08:24 pm »

Also, *hugs*.
I just don't feel like anyone respect my attempt to help them. They just see me as a naïve optimist who is lying to them about the world to make them feel better. They just think that everything I say is wrong because I'm just a dumb kid who hasn't gone throug as much as they did.
...I seriously don't know how to prove you wrong...  And that's making me sad.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103728 on: April 01, 2016, 08:10:30 pm »

Also, *hugs*.
I mean, if you haven't noticed, most people's response to Tiruin are them telling her how wrong she is. I don't know how she deals with it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103729 on: April 01, 2016, 08:15:42 pm »

Huh, I thought most people's reaction to Tiruin were praising her for being openly compassionate...

Sorry, I'm feeling a bit reserved at the moment.  Probably due to
talking to *him* again
planning to meet him again, gods dammit I finally got drunk on this fruity swill didn't I, 9 hells and wet fur.

no stay on topic
Yeah I feel like Tiruin provides a very valuable and tough service by being nice to people and listening (by acknowledging what they say) and in return she gets gratitude.
It works, it's good.  For most practical definitions of good.
But I think you and I are a bit cynical for that, Cinder.  Which sucks for us.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #103730 on: April 01, 2016, 08:15:58 pm »

I mean, if you haven't noticed, most people's response to Tiruin are them telling her how wrong she is. I don't know how she deals with it.
Pardon my French, but what the fuck?

Almost every post I see in response to Tiruin is about how incredibly kind and supportive she is. The people who don't are usually the ones who are sad in the first place who she's not done cheering up yet.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103731 on: April 01, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »

Also, *hugs*.

Some folk just like to mope. It's sad when someone tries to get them not to mope.

Your efforts are presumably well taken in more lucid moments, but those may be a whole after you posted, so folk don't got back looking for it.

This is a heavy thread to read through after all.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103732 on: April 01, 2016, 08:24:11 pm »

Also, *hugs*.
If not for the fact that you and Tiruin have your ages on your profiles I would be thinking that Tiruin would be the younger one, because they come off as amazingly optimistic, whereas you seem more jaded. And to be honest, anyone who dismisses good advice because of the quality of the person offering it probably needs to stop turning away good help out of feeling hopeless. I respect that you're trying to help other people, and I thank you for that. Maybe some people don't vocally thank you, but that doesn't mean that they're ungrateful for what you've done. Just keep helping people and dismiss this line of thought.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103733 on: April 01, 2016, 08:35:08 pm »

Got compared to Sheldon Cooper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103734 on: April 01, 2016, 08:41:45 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:19:00 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103735 on: April 01, 2016, 08:43:08 pm »

Ah, yes. Have had that happen to me too. Also regularly heard how I looked like Harry Potter when I was younger.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103736 on: April 01, 2016, 08:44:21 pm »

I've gotten that a few times. The other common ones are Rorschach and, surprisingly frequently, Vegeta.
Unless you're capable of destroying planets with your bare hands and shit I'm not really sure how people could make that comparison

EDIT: People still tell me I look like Harry Potter

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103737 on: April 01, 2016, 08:48:32 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:18:47 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #103738 on: April 01, 2016, 08:49:47 pm »

I've gotten that a few times. The other common ones are Rorschach and, surprisingly frequently, Vegeta.
Unless you're capable of destroying planets with your bare hands and shit I'm not really sure how people could make that comparison
Quote from: Dumblecop of the Darkmeal
Harry, you must rock the fuck out.
That reminds me, I used to be super into Harry Potter when I was a kid. I don't think it's actually that bad, more that it's seriously overrated and the later books get a pretty nasty lowest-common-denominator blend of platonic romance and grimderp. My Immortal and HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH are infinitely more entertaining reads, though, albeit the former is enhanced by being familiar with the original.

I'm not sure why I said that, it just seemed relevant.

I pity that comparison between that walking insult (to both nerds and Plankton's first name) and you, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103739 on: April 01, 2016, 08:50:52 pm »

You know how they supposedly say "hindsight is 20/20"? I'm having that situation right now and it just gets worse the more I think about it. Every little thing I remember I go "Why the fuck would you do that? That's such a stupid thing to do. You should have done this instead!" and it makes me think about more and it happens again and it's not fun. Doesn't help that I can barely remember good things anyway I guess, but it's still not fun even knowing that.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 6914 6915 [6916] 6917 6918 ... 8167