Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6911 6912 [6913] 6914 6915 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419058 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103680 on: March 31, 2016, 01:39:16 am »

I'm stuck in Sydney for about two and a half hours longer. :'(
This place is awful. The second-worst city I've been to.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #103681 on: March 31, 2016, 09:25:57 am »

Fuck.
Why do I keep caring, like, fuck.
I think I might not for some time, it's all okay and then suddenly some minor shit just happens that hits me like a baseball bat in the guts and... just fuck.
Ugh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103683 on: March 31, 2016, 02:27:43 pm »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103684 on: March 31, 2016, 02:49:49 pm »

I love ClickHole so much.
And I'm glad you're alive enough to post memes on Bay12 at least.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103685 on: March 31, 2016, 04:32:59 pm »

@Tiruin: I'm not really sure how to change myself is my main problem, I guess. I'm so used to just seeing what other people do and basing my decisions off of that, that I don't even try to do what I want to do. It's normally just a waste of time and energy that I can spend actually getting stuff done. Normally doing things other people want me to do anyway, but it's something. That's all I really do. What other people tell me to do. Because if I don't I can't do anything.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103686 on: March 31, 2016, 04:34:43 pm »

@Tiruin: I'm not really sure how to change myself is my main problem, I guess. I'm so used to just seeing what other people do and basing my decisions off of that, that I don't even try to do what I want to do. It's normally just a waste of time and energy that I can spend actually getting stuff done. Normally doing things other people want me to do anyway, but it's something. That's all I really do. What other people tell me to do. Because if I don't I can't do anything.
Consider this us telling you to do what you want to do, then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #103687 on: March 31, 2016, 04:36:39 pm »

Consider this us telling you to do what you want to do, then.
Starting small is also a good idea. Nobody changes to a new person overnight; change is built through a million tiny changes and habits you establish that you almost don't even notice until you look back and say "woah, I sure was different back then".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103688 on: March 31, 2016, 10:27:13 pm »

A lot of the shit in my life is my fault. Not that outside things aren't shit either.

My nan's friend is getting worse. Step-gandfather? Is that a thing? Either way, there's arguing going on as to whose at fault in the hospital. they tried to make him wait in the waiting room when he came back to the hospital, even though at that time he couldn't even stand. They apparently didn't give him the right medication last week, and he wasn't given any of the usual protections when he went in for radiation treatment over the past while. Apparently, the doctor said that the inside of his throat has been horrifically burned. He can't eat or drink, and is severely dehydrated, with low blood pressure and high blood sugar. Or vice-versa, I'm not sure.

One of the dogs has been limping. Something wrong with its knees. Both knees. Options are incredibly expensive surgery, or surrendering it to the Humane Society, who will pay for its surgery. But apparently, it has to wait one year between surgeries. So it would get one knee fixed, kept in a small cage so it can't accidentally hurt itself for a year, then get another surgery, then another year for recovery, then it can go up for adoption, where it will likely not get adopted due to its age. We'd never see her again.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103689 on: March 31, 2016, 10:57:21 pm »

Why does it have to wait a year? Can it not have both knees done at once and be given one of those wheely things?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103690 on: March 31, 2016, 10:58:40 pm »

Dunno. That's just what the vet said. It can't put weight on the leg afterwards, or even wag its tail too hard, apparently, so doing both legs at once is too risky, or something.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103691 on: March 31, 2016, 10:59:25 pm »

*pats*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103692 on: March 31, 2016, 11:02:01 pm »

Well that sucks.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #103693 on: April 01, 2016, 12:39:35 am »

oh look it's april fools day how amusing haha looking forward to the hilarious shenanigans people will be up to haha

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103694 on: April 01, 2016, 02:58:20 am »

Gonna take a wild guess and say you don't like April Fools and I will promptly join you in that. For most people it's just another excuse to be a massive fucking prat.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 6911 6912 [6913] 6914 6915 ... 8167