Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6910 6911 [6912] 6913 6914 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418534 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103665 on: March 30, 2016, 10:57:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:21:56 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103666 on: March 30, 2016, 11:02:46 pm »

I really hate vaguebooking like this, but hell truly is other people. I defused a tense situation between friends 1 and 2 this morning, and while they're closer than ever, I managed to piss off 'friend' number 3 in the process, who doesn't like friend 1 and would prefer that he didn't associate with the group. Now she's talking all kinds of petty bullshit and friends 1 and 2 are eating it up.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103667 on: March 30, 2016, 11:04:45 pm »

@Caroline:No, I'm not too kind.  That's impossible except in horror movies.

Also, you have definitely not contributed only sadness, there's always a joy in being able to brighten someone's day, or someone's life.  I mean, you used a smilie face too.  That's gotta count for something, right?  ;)

And to steal Vector's line, I do feel happy to see you posting.  And @Vector that goes for you too.

Also, *hugs Spehss_, chaotic skies, Baffler*.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103668 on: March 30, 2016, 11:05:20 pm »

I wish I could get drunk. I'm pretty sure it would make me more confident, if not outgoing. But then there's this whole legal-age thing, and I'm not going to go braking the law because I want to be able to talk to people with out having an internal breakdown.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103669 on: March 30, 2016, 11:13:21 pm »

I wish I could get drunk. I'm pretty sure it would make me more confident, if not outgoing. But then there's this whole legal-age thing, and I'm not going to go braking the law because I want to be able to talk to people with out having an internal breakdown.
*pats*

Look, you do not need a crutch to get out there and talk to people.  You don't.

While I'm sure people will tell you it helps, you can do that by yourself.

I believe in you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103670 on: March 30, 2016, 11:15:04 pm »

I believed in me too. I used to, I really did. I thought I could do...anything if I really, really wanted to. And then certain events happened, and now I'm...whereever this is.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103671 on: March 30, 2016, 11:18:21 pm »

You got there, you can get back out.

Seriously.
Sigtext

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103672 on: March 30, 2016, 11:35:02 pm »

Edit: This post had unfortunate implications. Didn't see 'em at first, but can't unsee 'em now.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:40:27 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103673 on: March 30, 2016, 11:42:14 pm »

:(
Hope you can fix them.
Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103674 on: March 31, 2016, 12:08:06 am »

I feel like I don't socialize enough, but it's pretty hard to :c

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103675 on: March 31, 2016, 12:10:30 am »

I feel like I don't socialize enough, but it's pretty hard to :c
*pats*
If it's a matter of not having the time, I feel your pain.
If it's a matter of not having the nerve, I also feel your pain.
Nevertheless, you can do it.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103676 on: March 31, 2016, 12:12:26 am »

I believed in me too. I used to, I really did. I thought I could do...anything if I really, really wanted to. And then certain events happened, and now I'm...whereever this is.
Well, that's false. A more useful but less disillusioning statement would be that you will have a chance of doing something if you put work into it. But chances are chances.

This might sound silly, but you might want to play more games of chance. They make one better at managing disappointment.

And that's the thing about socializing too. The game is how you can minimize your self-consciousness. There's a reason why douchebags are popular at parties. And you just have to tone down the douchebagginess and maintain a sort of a balance.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103677 on: March 31, 2016, 12:26:06 am »

If it's a matter of not having the time, I feel your pain.

Me too... lonely as fuck... have been for a while... but by the time I have the freedom to potentially socialized, I don't have the energy for it :/
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103678 on: March 31, 2016, 12:57:44 am »

Enough effort and dedication towards a goal, and you can get it done. I'm the kind of person to put off housework and schoolwork to last minute and then make the bed, sort clothes by color spectrum, and finish an A+ worthy essay in less than 40 minutes. The key to doing that is being determined and dedicated to completing something. Put all of your attention and effort into whatever you want done and you will get there.

I believe you can do whatever you want, and if you do, then you can. You aren't just going to sit back and give up, will you? Take this opportunity to turn things around before it's gone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103679 on: March 31, 2016, 01:01:44 am »

[...]
It's really an unfortunate fact that there's nothing I can offer you more than sympathy. Hell, I didn't even go through a turbulent childhood like Tiruin so I can't even offer mutual understanding.
Nein. Mutual understanding isn't only had by mutual and similar experiences--it's in the understanding and insight connected to exposure and experience.

Currently lack time for writing anything, PMs or otherwise because I've a lot to write (hello Midterms x_X), but posting about this because it seems pretty important and my English is messy when I'm rushing.

Why I mentioned my past wasn't because I'm offering some kind of idea as a basis on why I am who I am--it's the subtext in between the words. I can have a turbulent past and sink or swim, or I can have a great past and sink or swim; it's that subtext in those experiences which give them merit, even possibly as a strengthening subject even if the event is entirely or mostly the opposite. Personally, due to these experiences--we mull them over in mind, with the concepts we learned, and how to proceed with it; sometimes the conclusions we draw aren't the best, but it's usually a mix between emotion and logic in order to make reason.

I'd not like that idea to be compared--that one must have this kind of exposure in the past to make a relevant and empathetic connection to others--because even those who have not experienced such are able to do so. This isn't in the context of impossible and inevitable; the mind is able to empathize by putting itself in situations and deriving details from those situations (eg Think of how many times in academia you are asked the question in an essay that details a situation, followed by a 'Why' or any such follow-up that asks you to give your own personal insight or details on it; that's an example that follows this kind of circumstance). WHILE there may an evident gap in understanding from context to context (eg It's very much advised not to say 'I understand' within the grounds of counseling others in a case of lacking context, because that statement can generalize the idea), it is not impossible to be able to understand, and if ever one aims to understand the other, it is by mutual communication. One may not be able to fully understand the complex wholesomeness the other person in a needful situation may feel--but it is always able to not make them feel alone.

Also Vec, I'm pretty silly when I'm emotional too! Mutual silliness, go! \o/

Spoiler: @CS (click to show/hide)

Two days teaching school full-time have made it clear for me that this is not viable as a career in the long term. Too many people, too many emotions going on constantly, not enough quiet time. [...]
Maybe talk to older educators there for balancing insight? :O I've heard of a(n abstracted) mentor-mentee system in place here from older teachers to younger and pretty-new teachers. The emotions can be handled as time passes as far as I can recall within the STE field [and in my opinion, you've got pedagogical competence/pedagogical content knowledge down, which is mostly only learned by personal experience and exposure].

Wishing you well as a teacher there dude :>
Brings back memories of how important and life-affecting my teachers in elementary/HS were.
Part of me also wants to transfer into that school forthwith. Hhhhh x____x

Lacking time--have a very nice email I should reply to (but the sender is totally cool with waiting :'() and some PMs to still send! (Sorry Highmax, reaaaal late reply X_x)
And our exam got rescheduled to Tuesday next week due to our city-wide earthquake drill o_o [It brings back memories of past events 4 years before I was born. The rescheduling/presence of such a drill is not my sad. :P]

As an aside: I've been worrying about one friend o' mine ever since a week ago--he's the one that sent that condescending PM but it's pretty due on how he's handling himself in his area .-. Wish I had more feedback from him; sent a lot of stuff to him over PMs as good alternatives and support, but encountering a lapse in communication on his part, probably due to social anxiety. Hoping he's ok.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:56:05 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 6910 6911 [6912] 6913 6914 ... 8167