Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6907 6908 [6909] 6910 6911 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9417346 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103620 on: March 30, 2016, 05:48:55 am »

Jim Harrison, probably the real life version of the Greek god Pan, is dead. :<
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103621 on: March 30, 2016, 07:14:40 am »

It's easier than that IIRC.

Actually, here you go: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/caniapply/skilledemployment/

That still requires finding a company there that wants to hire somebody with zero professional programming experience, and is willing to pay to have him shipped over.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #103622 on: March 30, 2016, 07:38:42 am »

What are you, The Shoulda Woulda Coulda Buddha?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103623 on: March 30, 2016, 07:47:33 am »

Lol, maybe.

Anyway, I did a quick check, and didn't find anybody hiring 3d graphics guys, which is what I actually have experience in.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103624 on: March 30, 2016, 07:48:31 am »

Ugggh yeah I've had those same thoughts.  It's always so much worse when I feel trapped.  And even well-meaning or useful advice can feel so belittling.
Good luck, stay strong...  And I hope you get out of there soon.
Here is a belated "Thanks, man," in response to this response.
Thanks, man.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103625 on: March 30, 2016, 08:04:13 am »

Bluargh, i've trawled through over 250 supposedly relevant job postings, only ONE of them does not instantly exclude me. Unfortunately, it starts at 7 in the morning, and neither my brain or my bowels handle such early mornings well at all, so that basically excludes me as well. Don't know how the hell i'm supposed to earn at least $2000 within three months at this rate. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103626 on: March 30, 2016, 08:05:00 am »

Exclude like?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103627 on: March 30, 2016, 08:08:00 am »

Basically meaning that i'm not eligible for it, mostly regarding missing qualifications/experience. Then there's also the usual "MUST THRIVE UNDER STRESS" criterion, which i absolutely do NOT. Don't know why "high pressure work environment" is considered a good thing these days. >:I

also augh my arms are hurting again this sucks
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103628 on: March 30, 2016, 08:25:29 am »

Well, they always say that the X years of experience thing is just something they put there...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #103629 on: March 30, 2016, 09:42:01 am »

Well, they always say that the X years of experience thing is just something they put there...

Yeah, that part is often less important in the actual hiring process. I'd go ahead and apply to stuff anyway. Often just demonstrating that you are willing and able to learn any necessary skills (or can show you have them without experience) is enough.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103630 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:06 am »

Yeah, that part is often less important in the actual hiring process. I'd go ahead and apply to stuff anyway. Often just demonstrating that you are willing and able to learn any necessary skills (or can show you have them without experience) is enough.

Ditto. I've totally been unqualified on paper for most of my nicer jobs before, but made up for it in other skills and confidence in my ability to figure out what I don't know.

It's sometimes more of a question to ask yourself, about your ability to hit the ground running and/or figure it out

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103631 on: March 30, 2016, 10:20:52 am »

Huh, i'll be darned. I'm reasonably good (but not like rock star quality) at figuring stuff out on the run, but alas, i don't have much confidence to back it up. :v
In any case, i applied for some thing where you go around and deliver adverts and stuff into peoples mail boxes, not sure what the english word for that is. Probably not very well paying at all, but at least it's very flexible, and it's better than nothing while i try to figure out other things. :P

also i so badly want to believe that i could just hold a long-running fundraiser for myself where i stream and doodle things and then people would shower me with money but alas
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103632 on: March 30, 2016, 10:22:17 am »

Junk mailer.  ;P

Hey, you haven't tried it yet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103633 on: March 30, 2016, 10:51:13 am »

also i so badly want to believe that i could just hold a long-running fundraiser for myself where i stream and doodle things and then people would shower me with money but alas

That's what Patreon is all about.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103634 on: March 30, 2016, 11:07:21 am »

asdfdsa I'm so tired of these college classes and driving and homework and tests and aaaaaaaaarg. Just one and a half more months. Just six weeks. It's gonna take forever. Uuuuugh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6907 6908 [6909] 6910 6911 ... 8167