Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6901 6902 [6903] 6904 6905 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419059 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103530 on: March 28, 2016, 02:45:51 pm »

For what it's worth, it's actually fairly easy for that not knowing anything to kinda' fade into the background rather than be particularly hurtful. I more or less haven't seen my father or pretty much any of his side of the family for something around a decade, ferex, and it stopped being more than an "eh" a long time ago. They live <20 minutes away, heh. Y'can get used to a lot of things, yeah, and it turns out if you're not particularly invested in someone's life for long enough its importance to you kinda'... fades, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103531 on: March 28, 2016, 03:12:56 pm »

Veckles is not a chubby puppy, Veckles' family are a bunch of crazy people. *hug*

Not that it would be in any way a bad thing if you were a chubby puppy, but 25 inches?? Daaamn....I was skin-and-bones at a 30-inch waist. What are you, 3'1"?  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103532 on: March 28, 2016, 03:17:21 pm »

Veckles is not a chubby puppy, Veckles' family are a bunch of crazy people. *hug*
This, this, this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103533 on: March 28, 2016, 03:39:40 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:41:10 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103534 on: March 28, 2016, 04:53:03 pm »

And here's Bauglir happy to be losing weight at 45 inches! Your family's mad, surprising no one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103535 on: March 28, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »

Good grief.  If they were anyone other than family, who I'm sure you know well enough to read, I would insist that you must be misinterpreting sarcasm.  That's just bizarrely cruel.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103536 on: March 28, 2016, 06:18:40 pm »

Need to get up in some six hours for a trip back to uni. Still haven't packed my stuff. I'm also running low on sleep because of yesterday. And I have classes and a presentation tommorrow.

Hello coffee my old friend, I've come to chug you once again.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103537 on: March 28, 2016, 07:01:00 pm »

As long as we're talking about not breaking ties with family, I figured I'd post about something again since I tried to say this a long time ago and ended up deleting it.

To be honest it really pisses me off whenever someone tells me that I should sever ties with my entire family ASAP simply because my brother and mother are huge dickheads for a multitude of reasons. For one thing, there's approximately a 99% chance that won't be possible because I'm not going to instantly become financially capable, and because my mother is now insisting that I stay in Maine for college and continue living with her for some stupid reason. My half brother seems to intensely dislike my father and has a really complicated relationship with him due to the fact that his mother, now my father's ex-wife apparently used to lie and talk about how he would hit her and how much he hated his family or something like that. So now he has an adult son who never talks to him, and who he believes hates him. I'm fairly sure he doesn't need another. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be a selfish dickhead in that way. While my stepbrother stopped talking to him because he was manipulated into doing it, I would be making a conscious decision to do the same thing. I know I'm not the best guy in the world, but I'd like to think I'm a little bit better than that.

Aside from that, I still have things to do with my family which I have to take care of, like the camp which my parents apparently plan to pass on to me and my brother, among other responsibilities. Completely abandoning everything to do with that just because my mother is an idiot and my brother is an emotionally abusive piece of shit is not a good solution at all. I'm not going to be a selfish bastard in that way.

I don't want to try to fix this kind of thing anymore, so I'm probably hardly ever going to talk about it on here anymore, but I just wanted to make sure people know that. That's it, I guess.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103538 on: March 28, 2016, 09:40:59 pm »

Arrgh. Only here for a few more days, so this bitch decides to seriously step up her hassling of me.
I should really have seen this coming, I'm pretty sure the same thing happened last time I visited... stupid.
It's getting worse. Somehow.
Two more days and I'm out of here... hopefully I can cling to my sanity until then. Otherwise all this "wasted potential" I am being repeatedly (and at great length) told I have will manifest in a deadly explosion of sheer rage, probably large enough to wipe this whole shitty little town right off the map (not that anyone would likely notice).
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103539 on: March 28, 2016, 09:42:56 pm »

Arrgh. Only here for a few more days, so this bitch decides to seriously step up her hassling of me.
I should really have seen this coming, I'm pretty sure the same thing happened last time I visited... stupid.
It's getting worse. Somehow.
Two more days and I'm out of here... hopefully I can cling to my sanity until then. Otherwise all this "wasted potential" I am being repeatedly (and at great length) told I have will manifest in a deadly explosion of sheer rage, probably large enough to wipe this whole shitty little town right off the map (not that anyone would likely notice).
*hugpat*
Stay strong in your mediocrity.  (Though, uh, don't hesitate to improve yourself if you want.)

Be you, in other words.

Gums are swollen. A-fking-gain. Sadly, that's not even whats hurting me.

My tongue hurts. There's this blob thingy under it and it hurts. Also thought I tasted blood earlier...
That sounds dangerously medical.
Might want to have someone take a look at that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103540 on: March 28, 2016, 09:53:21 pm »

Of course, I do plan on doing something with my life, but as soon as someone sits me down and starts lecturing me about it I just begin to despise everything and anything they suggest. They even hit on one or two things I might have actually liked to do...

Also 'Ted Talks'?! What is this bullshit and why does it exist? Who gave these old people a tablet computer so they can torment me with such things?
Never again will I visit anyone (especially family) whose home requires more than a walk to a nearby train/bus station to escape from, and I certainly won't burden myself with heaps of luggage to really trap myself. Stupid, stupid self.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103541 on: March 28, 2016, 09:57:17 pm »

TED talks are pretty neat though...
 :(

But yeah, I have that problem where I'm recklessly contrarian sometimes myself...
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103542 on: March 28, 2016, 10:25:16 pm »

Of course, I do plan on doing something with my life, but as soon as someone sits me down and starts lecturing me about it I just begin to despise everything and anything they suggest. They even hit on one or two things I might have actually liked to do...

[snip]
Never again will I visit anyone (especially family) whose home requires more than a walk to a nearby train/bus station to escape from, and I certainly won't burden myself with heaps of luggage to really trap myself. Stupid, stupid self.
Ugggh yeah I've had those same thoughts.  It's always so much worse when I feel trapped.  And even well-meaning or useful advice can feel so belittling.
Good luck, stay strong...  And I hope you get out of there soon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #103543 on: March 29, 2016, 12:34:13 am »

Well, I guess I'm missing volunteer work tomorrow because I went to a cousin-once-removed's wedding for Easter, but wasn't invited to the wedding so I stayed at home and burnt pizza because I couldn't find oven mitts. And had a 7 year old try to make out with me. It was not a very enjoyable weekend.

And the place I'm volunteering at is creating more stuff for me to do faster than I can work on it because I keep getting delayed by stupid things like collapsing for days or having a holiday.

So now I'm stuck sitting in a hotel room watching my heart beat when I want to get back to work! I already work 4x as fast as the last people to help out there, so it's not like I can push myself much faster...
... The work I'm doing barely even matters, and no one cares how fast I do it but me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103544 on: March 29, 2016, 12:37:38 am »

@Kaladin:
*hugs (platonically)*
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6901 6902 [6903] 6904 6905 ... 8167