Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6890 6891 [6892] 6893 6894 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427144 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103365 on: March 25, 2016, 04:04:25 pm »

I hate my sarcasm. I hate my arrogance. I hate my selfishness. I hate my naivety. I hate my stupidity. I hate my hipocricy. I wish I was better. I wish I didn't feel like the scum of the earth. I wish I didn't feel like I have to run from everything so I don't hurt more people. I wish...I wish I could just be done with it. Go live in the middle of nowhere. In a cabin, with a cat. But I would have to have internet, and I'd have to grow my own food and...ugh. Even my dreams seem bad to me. And they're my goals.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103366 on: March 25, 2016, 04:33:35 pm »

*hugs chaotic skies because they have no idea what else to do*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103367 on: March 25, 2016, 04:50:54 pm »

That's fine. I think an actual meatspace hug from someone would help right now. I have even less of an idea of what to do, and I'm trapped in my head thinking about this. So don't feel bad if you're not sure how to help. I don't know how to help anyone, especially myself.

...just realized that's not the best way to comfort someone. That's the only way I know to comfort other people. *sigh*
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103368 on: March 25, 2016, 05:51:03 pm »

You're trying, though, so that has to count.

*hugs more*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103369 on: March 25, 2016, 05:52:25 pm »

My guy was supposed to come up here for a week. He'd be getting on the bus in about 2 hours.

He's having second thoughts because of the length of the trip and anxiety.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103370 on: March 25, 2016, 06:05:12 pm »

*pats Descan (PLATONICALLY, nowhere near the butt)*

Good luck.
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103371 on: March 25, 2016, 06:06:20 pm »

Awwwwww :(

How long would that trip be?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wolfeyez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103372 on: March 25, 2016, 08:41:45 pm »

Getting drunk because of the pain your in.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103373 on: March 25, 2016, 08:53:24 pm »

Funny how the moment I think I got my shit figured out and somewhat together it turns out that I very much don't :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103374 on: March 25, 2016, 08:59:04 pm »

Been really tired all day and trying to go to sleep early but can't sleep. Have a test tomorrow I'd prefer to not be obscenely tired for.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103375 on: March 25, 2016, 09:04:54 pm »

*hugs**hugs**hugs*
Funny how the moment I think I got my shit figured out and somewhat together it turns out that I very much don't :V
*hugs**hugs**hugs*
Been really tired all day and trying to go to sleep early but can't sleep. Have a test tomorrow I'd prefer to not be obscenely tired for.
dude stop poast goto sleep
*applies bed*
Seriously, not being on the Internet is a good idea.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103376 on: March 25, 2016, 09:22:52 pm »

I hate my dreams. One day I don't remember them at all, and they're probably about being a dwarf or some shit that'd be really cool. The rest of the time it's about dead people or some other shit that just makes me feel like total shit, and I can remember it perfect.
Yeah, the human memory is pretty negative. It might help if you keep a dream journal. You should keep a dream journal at any rate. Makes it easier to get out of bed.

Some combination of just a sad mood and a sad song just...Sadded me.

And the people I feel the most comfortable talking about this to are basically strangers on the Internet...

That song was really appropriate...because dammit I'm lonely all right.
I know, but I wish I could talk to actual meatspace people...

That's the sadding bit...

* Cinder hugs

I don't really have anything to say that aren't platitudes, I guess.

Yeah, good points all round. I just kind of have a Jonah complex going on, which kind of gets in the way of a lot of things, and a shit-tier sense of self-worth that says that i'll probably never be good enough to get accepted into Fart SchoolTM. I still occasionally have dreams where i'm suddenly ultra fabulous at arting, so i think that i can safely say that it's a dream of mine, and i would absolutely love to be a magic-tier artist. Maybe that's what i should work towards after folk high school?
snip
snop

Hey, you two, I'm addressing you both since what I'm going to say would be pretty similar anyways, but you two are two of my idols. I guess I haven't said things much because I'm worried it'll be useless platitudes or whatever, and what I'm saying right now probably are platitudes, but it has to be said.

Vector, you're one of the most diligent, intelligent, and creative people I've known. I can't say that you're wrong to say that you're weak and useless, but I just have to point out that by that metric, so is everyone else in the world. And those metrics are just that, metrics. You can give yourself any unrealistic standard you want, just keep in mind that just by your courage to act despite your insecurity, and your self-criticism, you're already better than a lot of people. I'm not Tiruin, so I'm not going to say that there aren't any people who don't deserve to live, but you're not one of them.

Shook, I always want to say things about how your art inspire me, but I just personally feel faint praises are just as bad as silence. Literally everyone else already said your art is good, but just like Vector, you two are just beyond us when it comes to your standards, and that's not a bad thing. Famous artists are weird, creepy, crazy people with no shame, so don't worry about how others think of your art, because they're good and has so much potential. I'm kind of losing track of what I'm saying but basically you have both the talent and training to become a great artist. What you need now is courage. Which, in case I sound like I'm spouting platitudes again, I want to say I haven't succeeded in yet either. But the way is there and the way is clear.

snup
See above rant @Vec/Shook, though I'm not sure if I should've included you in there but I don't really know you much.

People are weird, emotional and irrational. I like to think whenever someone acted weird and get pissy at me and I can't find anything for me to improve myself upon, that it's karma for me being pissy at other people when they didn't really do anything.

Thing is, it's circumstances. That person may have had a bad day. They may have expected you to see something which they failed to convey. If they are unwilling to make you understand, then I'm afraid it'll be one of the universe's mysteries. Just don't blame yourself for it, okay?

Decided to have a check on Playmindcrack, and the server's... well, dead.

Shame, really. It was pretty fun. Apparently they ran into funding/number of player issues.

The sink or fly nature of online games are depressing. Hopefully one day someone will make something similar and it will have some moment in the light.
I hate my sarcasm. I hate my arrogance. I hate my selfishness. I hate my naivety. I hate my stupidity. I hate my hipocricy. I wish I was better. I wish I didn't feel like the scum of the earth. I wish I didn't feel like I have to run from everything so I don't hurt more people. I wish...I wish I could just be done with it. Go live in the middle of nowhere. In a cabin, with a cat. But I would have to have internet, and I'd have to grow my own food and...ugh. Even my dreams seem bad to me. And they're my goals.

Just so you know, other people are either too dumb to see their flaws, or they do and are just better and not letting it get to them, or they do and it does get to them but you don't see it. Self-loathing is invisible. You're not hurting anyone. You're normal. You might even be special but again I'm not Tiruin so I'm not saying that.

Relax, dude. You don't owe the world anything.

* Cinder hugs

My guy was supposed to come up here for a week. He'd be getting on the bus in about 2 hours.

* Cinder hugs socratically
* Cinder hugs

I hope you feel better soon.

Nobody does, but I believe in your ability to make your fecal matter slightly less not-figured.

* Cinder pats

I swear to god one day I'm going to fly over here and force you to habe decent sleep.  :P

You should see a counselor about it, though. I mean, it sounds like this is starting to derail your life. Don't let your life be derailed by awful sleep, dude.

Also blue light from computer screens = bad. Even lying awake in bed at night being existential is better. Also install f.lux.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103377 on: March 25, 2016, 09:29:23 pm »

Mm. It's kay, Cinder. I suppose I decided if I can't understand people, I might as well not try to if they won't make themselves clear. Makes my head bleed.

I don't really have a sad at this point, but I'm quite happy you're holding up well for yourself right now. I recall a lot of your sadder posts here, and, well. I'm no Tiruin.

Tiruin should totally be a copyright at this point.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103378 on: March 25, 2016, 09:30:51 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:47:09 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103379 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:38 pm »

Cinder, you have just said what I wanted to say.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6890 6891 [6892] 6893 6894 ... 8167