Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6888 6889 [6890] 6891 6892 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9420118 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103335 on: March 25, 2016, 02:17:44 am »

Welp
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103336 on: March 25, 2016, 03:18:38 am »

I just turned 21 and I dont have degree, any useful or interesting skills, meaningful job, and also I am stupid.
It's not so bad, you're now old enough to drink, assuming you're American! And booze over there is cheap as!
Cheers! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103337 on: March 25, 2016, 04:38:23 am »

snip
How would you define 'like' in this context, though?
Well then mom. I remember why I don't like telling you about my problems. "Hey ma I have a problem!" "That's cool. Hey want to hear about this private school I've already talked about again? *insert rant about how I should uproot my life again because this school is so much better*" "Thanks mom that REALLY helped."
Ah, I wouldn't blame your mom for that. I mean, it's just a normal thing that old people do. Because of the generation gap, they just aren't comfortable with young people problems. This is what friends are for.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103338 on: March 25, 2016, 07:58:10 am »

*hugs absolutely everybody (platonically), especially the people who really need it (NullForceOmega this means you.  You need more hugs.).*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103339 on: March 25, 2016, 08:40:02 am »

*applies bed to Shook*

I hate repetitive grind of homework too.

The point of doing it, though, is to drill the process in so far that you can do it from memory as opposed to needing any resources whatsoever.

As for not wanting people to tell you what to do...Tell yourself you're going to do studying, instead of thinking about it as 'someone gave me work'?  A bit of an off-the-wall-and-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, but it struck me as a potential solution.

Have you considered going into the arts?
I feel a lot better after sleeping, thanks. :v (even though i managed to launch myself off the side of the bed due to semi-dreaming about a huge spider on the wall right in front of me)

But the thing is, the more i repeat something, the less i want to do it again, even if it ends up becoming trivial. I've learned a lot, absolutely, but i just feel like the way we're supposed to learn in school is utterly soul crushing, and for that exact same reason, i think that having to grind in games is terrible design. Repeating a bunch of arbitrary tasks until it sticks will work eventually, sure, but it's also fantastically dull. They don't really do much in "here's a situation in which you might actually use this", instead preferring "ok just learn this because there's a slight chance that you might need it at some point in the future". The latter just seems meaningless to me, and i'm sure that every single one of you knows the feeling of having to do something that feels meaningless.

As for going into arts, i have absolutely considered that, but there are three main problems: 1) Studying art is also set up in a stressful school-like manner (i fear that it would take the joy out of drawing), 2) A degree in art is worth about as much as toilet paper in the current job market (like it or not, i will need a job), and 3) You have to be pretty damn good to begin with in order to get in. I'm not a symbolic artsy guy who draws "the feeling of wind on my soul caressing me in the dawn of the evening" stuff, fuck no. I draw goofy faces and dinosaurs in plate mail, not because it symbolizes how much i love to light my dick on fire, but because it's fun. In other words, i'm probably a budding cartoonist. Maybe there's a study for that? I hope so. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #103340 on: March 25, 2016, 08:52:51 am »

So she appeared in my dream fucking again. It's... not that bad actually, but still causes feelings.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103341 on: March 25, 2016, 09:01:10 am »

@Shook: Well as far as I understand things, art school is also invaluable to cartoonists, since you learn a whole bunch of other styles that can help you refine your own.
As for "The feeling of the fire on my dick caressing me in the midst of the trauma centre", take that as a challenge to expand your limits and draw something different.
It might not be a subject you particularly like, but who knows? You might gain some insight on how to draw better plate armour for your dinosaurs (or how to fire-proof it ;))

On a side note, I absolutely agree with you that insisting that art must be symbolic, and that "the slant on that tree there symbolises the grief that the artist felt at the loss of a friend" style declarations clearly indicate the cephalorectal condition of the speaker.
Art can be fun, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103342 on: March 25, 2016, 09:04:07 am »

@Shook:What karhell said.  Definitely.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103343 on: March 25, 2016, 10:03:05 am »

Sorry I'm not keeping up with the sadness, guys.

So she appeared in my dream fucking again. It's... not that bad actually, but still causes feelings.

* Cinder hugs
That's rough, dude. I'm guessing that since you said you still see her around that doesn't make it any easier.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103344 on: March 25, 2016, 10:44:57 am »

I hate my dreams. One day I don't remember them at all, and they're probably about being a dwarf or some shit that'd be really cool. The rest of the time it's about dead people or some other shit that just makes me feel like total shit, and I can remember it perfect.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103345 on: March 25, 2016, 10:50:59 am »

Some combination of just a sad mood and a sad song just...Sadded me.

And the people I feel the most comfortable talking about this to are basically strangers on the Internet...

That song was really appropriate...because dammit I'm lonely all right.
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103346 on: March 25, 2016, 11:33:02 am »

That's the best part of the internet; you can talk about whatever you want, and as long as you don't give out your name, most people won't be able to find you.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103347 on: March 25, 2016, 11:37:02 am »

I know, but I wish I could talk to actual meatspace people...

That's the sadding bit...
Sigtext

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103348 on: March 25, 2016, 12:18:49 pm »

hey

hey TBF

*brohug*

Shyness sucks, i know the feeling. :<

@Shook: Well as far as I understand things, art school is also invaluable to cartoonists, since you learn a whole bunch of other styles that can help you refine your own.
As for "The feeling of the fire on my dick caressing me in the midst of the trauma centre", take that as a challenge to expand your limits and draw something different.
It might not be a subject you particularly like, but who knows? You might gain some insight on how to draw better plate armour for your dinosaurs (or how to fire-proof it ;))

On a side note, I absolutely agree with you that insisting that art must be symbolic, and that "the slant on that tree there symbolises the grief that the artist felt at the loss of a friend" style declarations clearly indicate the cephalorectal condition of the speaker.
Art can be fun, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Yeah, good points all round. I just kind of have a Jonah complex going on, which kind of gets in the way of a lot of things, and a shit-tier sense of self-worth that says that i'll probably never be good enough to get accepted into Fart SchoolTM. I still occasionally have dreams where i'm suddenly ultra fabulous at arting, so i think that i can safely say that it's a dream of mine, and i would absolutely love to be a magic-tier artist. Maybe that's what i should work towards after folk high school?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103349 on: March 25, 2016, 01:24:58 pm »

Mm. Cephalorectal. New word to add to my dictionary.

Shyness does suck. Hell, it's the number 1 single biggest reason I've not started a relationship with anyone yet; I can't muster the courage to break the mold out of rejection -- I mean I do understand the negatives of rejection, and I believe I am capable of handling it, but paradoxically, you're already afraid of the process, that it might possibly go sour for one moment and turn you into a fool.

Then there's also the doubts of whether you're alright and fit for someone instead of the other guy, who in your mind is better, richer, and more socially-inclined than you are.

'Course, I'm slowly growing up from all that, but it's still there; the fear of failure is still significant, and I still can't get myself to do the things I want, because I fear so much.

At this rate I'll forever be alone.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 6888 6889 [6890] 6891 6892 ... 8167