Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6884 6885 [6886] 6887 6888 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419935 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103275 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:49 pm »

RUN THE FUCK AWAY
Probably the best idea at this point.
Partially problematic considering that I'm kind of stuck in the same place for now. Hopefully nothing crazy will happen though.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103276 on: March 23, 2016, 08:49:00 pm »

*pats Graknorke, Kot....*

Good luck to the both of you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103277 on: March 23, 2016, 09:18:28 pm »

Well, I'm officially done with my ex. No apology. No anything. Once you not only break up with me and then refuse to accept that I'm apologizing, and then go on to try to force one of my friends to date you, I'm done with you.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103278 on: March 23, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »

RUN THE FUCK AWAY
Probably the best idea at this point.
Partially problematic considering that I'm kind of stuck in the same place for now. Hopefully nothing crazy will happen though.
So was I with this one person. I tried to achieve just what you describe. It fucked me up immensely.

And apparently she 'still misses me as a friend', according to a mutual friend. And the existence of said mutual friend - among other things - is sort of making ignoring her entirely no longer a real option. I'll have to talk to her to figure out some liveable arrangement, but whatever that turns out to be, I'm staying the fuck away from her. There's no way in hell I'll go back to where I've been.

Be careful, is what I'm trying to tell you. Straight-up telling her that anything more than civil conduct when forced to be in one place is impossible probably is best.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103279 on: March 23, 2016, 10:30:25 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:50:49 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103280 on: March 23, 2016, 11:18:43 pm »

Seconding that. I don't have much to add, but a reminder to check yourself and make sure you can honestly be happy just being friends, or whether you're only really going to be happy if there's something more at the end of this. You have to assess whether you can be a friend, and whether she's actually someone you honestly want to be friends with. Former relationships can complicate attempts at going back to being friends, and may change your perspective on someone. Feelings are complicated like that.

But yeah, at the end of the day, you're the only one who knows your situation and her well enough to be able to make a judgement call here. I'm sorry it's hard; all the more reason to be cautious for your heart's sake. Just keep looking inside and being honest with yourself, and you can navigate through this.

Well, I'm officially done with my ex. No apology. No anything. Once you not only break up with me and then refuse to accept that I'm apologizing, and then go on to try to force one of my friends to date you, I'm done with you.

Not trying to be harsh here, but do be careful about apologizing to achieve an end; no one's obligated to respond the way you want them to just because you apologized. Whatever may have happened, apologizing doesn't erase responsibility or whatever damage was caused. It's fine to be angry. She may have rebounded to cover her hurt at the break up (it's generally hard on both sides), may have done it intentionally to hurt you in response to whatever happened, or may even have wanted to be with the other person from the start. Just like she doesn't have to forgive you, you don't have to forgive her either; it goes both ways, yeah?

I do wish you luck getting through this, though. It sounds rough.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103281 on: March 23, 2016, 11:33:55 pm »

I...personally believe 'run the f--- away' isn't the best general answer to situations like those :-\
It's a tempting thought to indulge in just getting away from problems. But people aren't problems at their core. In part, it's what they've learned or how they know how to interact with what they sense (internal - emotions [and others], or external - observations and impressions [and others]). I don't think it's the best answer because it involves communication because of emotions--and there are times when emotions become really...powerful, that it seems some answers are a ton better than others before logic arrives. There's a lot of ways in how to communicate, and this is pretty much contextual as it is, so other than suggesting the best way he can handle it--suggest information he can use to handle it as he's the only one here who knows both context and the situation.

We only know the situation second-hand.

But to Kot (and anyone else related): Please don't address yourself demeaningly. That doesn't help anyone and yourself--but give you a wrong idea about yourself at the end. You may have made mistakes--that doesn't mean you get to call yourself the same level of low quality you think those mistakes mean. Acknowledging these things is far different from making an identity into these things. In this context, your thoughts follow what your best judgement makes. Please don't mistake yourself for anything worse--that's generally where impressions form; impressions that can be used to judge how you act in the future.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103282 on: March 23, 2016, 11:37:37 pm »

I can't even explain this anymore. It's so much of a mess I can't even think of a way to explain how much of a mess it is. I will admit I messed up, big time. I'll also admit I reacted badly, and there's no excuse for that. Now, I'm just about to apologise, and I find out she's doing the one thing that I despise: She's trying to force someone to do something. That is the only thing that can cause me to never trust someone again. I'm mostly alright with people that pressure you a little, but stop when you say 'no'. But if you keep trying, that's just...nevermind. There are no words that sufficiently describe this. I guess I'm just too good or too nice for this place. I don't know. Somedays I want to run, and never stop, but that hasn't worked out that well in the past. I guess I'm just tired. Tired of not being able to sleep. Tired of being used. Tired of people trying to trick me. Tired of playing along. But if I don't, it'll break everything I've worked for. I don't really want to start over for the ump-teenth time.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #103283 on: March 24, 2016, 02:32:04 am »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103284 on: March 24, 2016, 04:15:05 am »

Sometimes you might need to put yourself out there. You can't expect people to remember 100% of the time.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #103285 on: March 24, 2016, 04:25:46 am »

It's possible they simply think you're disinterested in the subject matter. Certainly those around me would be unlikely to invite me to a Superman film. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103286 on: March 24, 2016, 05:05:39 am »

My friends are all fucking cunts.
Man, I wish I was fucking cunts.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #103287 on: March 24, 2016, 06:25:32 am »

My friends are all fucking cunts.
Man, I wish I was fucking cunts.
I was a little angry. Don't make too much fun of me and my poor word choice.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103288 on: March 24, 2016, 09:11:23 am »

Well, the wait begins.
My train leaves just before 5am, the station is about to close and reopens at around 3am. I have to amuse myself outside until then. And preferably not get bashed/stabbed/abused in the meantime, of course.

At least I have my Ipod... but if I listen to that now, I won't have as much battery life left for the actual several-hour train ride itself. Not much decent reading light out here, either.

Edit: it wouldn't be so bad if I only had my backpack to keep track of, but I have a suitcase as well. It's not nearly as large as my other suitcase, but it's still quite heavy and would make going for a walk whilst I wait considerably less pleasant. I guess I could pull out its pull-handle and drag it around on wheels, but I'd feel self-conscious going for a walk accompanied by the sound of grinding plastic wheels.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:16:40 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103289 on: March 24, 2016, 10:35:27 am »

Girl/boy troubles are painful, and my heart goes out to Miauw/Kot/chaotic skies and others that I may have missed.

* Cinder hugs in a way that doesn't violate personal space.

Well, the wait begins.
My train leaves just before 5am, the station is about to close and reopens at around 3am. I have to amuse myself outside until then. And preferably not get bashed/stabbed/abused in the meantime, of course.

At least I have my Ipod... but if I listen to that now, I won't have as much battery life left for the actual several-hour train ride itself. Not much decent reading light out here, either.

Edit: it wouldn't be so bad if I only had my backpack to keep track of, but I have a suitcase as well. It's not nearly as large as my other suitcase, but it's still quite heavy and would make going for a walk whilst I wait considerably less pleasant. I guess I could pull out its pull-handle and drag it around on wheels, but I'd feel self-conscious going for a walk accompanied by the sound of grinding plastic wheels.
You should get an external battery. It's a good investment for us people who have to deal with their devices going flat on long trips.

Gah, those kind of friends. DX

I think the best way to go about it would be to talk directly to them about it.

* Cinder hugs
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:38:40 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6884 6885 [6886] 6887 6888 ... 8167