Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6874 6875 [6876] 6877 6878 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429054 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103125 on: March 19, 2016, 11:01:28 am »

Awake when I should not be. Well, actually, I should be, because it's daytime. But I was up from 2am to 8am on a call with the Netherlands, because a project go-live yesterday there almost went down spectacularly in flames. We had 95% of the work done, but one piece got delayed a couple hours. As we were putting the finishing touches on it, the Dutch team basically said, "Screw it, it's late, we're leaving. Roll everything back."

I put in a few phone calls to override that decision because that would have been colossally stupid, and we reconvened first thing in the morning CET, and plowed through the remaining issues. Which meant I had to burn my sleep period and drink a whole pot of coffee to stay awake. Now I can't sleep. All because of some impatient, chocolate-loving, tulip-growing, wooden shoe-wearing, windmill-having....I'm running out of Dutch stereotypes to rant against...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #103126 on: March 19, 2016, 03:05:30 pm »

Someone I consider a friend is having major issues with their parents opposing their continued education, in addition to managing a full time job and 15 credits. I have no real way of helping with any of this, other than moral support.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103127 on: March 19, 2016, 03:17:47 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:03:11 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103128 on: March 19, 2016, 03:24:03 pm »

@Redking:Just lay in bed until you can sleep?  Also known as "Go to sleep RedKing!"

@Amp:I wish I could help but I too can only provide moral support, sadly.

@Vector:*pats*  Get well soon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #103129 on: March 19, 2016, 03:31:43 pm »

GL vec. Try to lie down till it passes
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103130 on: March 19, 2016, 03:32:53 pm »

@Vec: Kefir, maybe? Seems to help when I have issues like that. Even though, ironically enough, it's just fermented milk. Which is what got you into this to start with. :3

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103131 on: March 19, 2016, 04:02:34 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:02:41 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103132 on: March 19, 2016, 05:11:26 pm »

So a neighbor is making bullshit complaints to police and the home owner's association that started with one reasonable complaint, which we immediately addressed, but have now expanded to a shitload of unreasonable shit beyond our control, half-truths, and blatant falsehoods.  And it looks like it's working.  We're being asked to get rid of the dog we got a few months ago to help our 7 year old with serious mental health issues, and I fear it won't stop at that because they're complaining about our kids too.  And we can't afford to move.

So fucking tired of petty bullshit.  All day every day.  Surrounded by people who have nothing better to do with their lives than complain about petty bullshit and make things miserable for each other.  And it's almost entirely old people.  I'm to the point where I feel like 90% of the world's problems could be solved by wiping out anyone over the age of 45.  I know that's a horrible thought, but god fucking damnit almost everyone I know beyond that age seems like they exist to project misery on everyone around them.  And they've built up a society that's being suffocated by rules which enable them to do so.

I already spend the majority of my time at work making sure everything I do is documented, so I'm always able to potentially defend myself.  Now I have to do it at home, too.  I don't want to live on this planet anymore :[
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103133 on: March 19, 2016, 05:13:26 pm »

*hugs SalmonGod (platonically)*
Complain back.
Documentation.
Stay strong.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103134 on: March 19, 2016, 05:15:56 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:02:24 pm by Vector »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103135 on: March 19, 2016, 05:22:43 pm »

*hugs SalmonGod (platonically)*
Complain back.
Documentation.
Stay strong.

I don't want to :[
How do other people live like this?  I don't fucking get it.  I'm just not compatible with this society.  I can't tolerate living the way other people do.
Hey SG, I've been planning to add you on Steam again for a while (got a new acct for many many reasons, but whatever, that's neither here nor there). Let's talk sometime. I've got some ideas about your situation, maybe we could figure something out. Or at the very least, I'll listen. I miss you.

That would be awesome :)
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103136 on: March 19, 2016, 05:23:54 pm »

*pats*

What kind of place are you living?
Sigtext

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103137 on: March 19, 2016, 05:25:18 pm »

In Indiana, at a place with an HOA, so already two serious problems in living environment, before he even gets started on specific problems.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103138 on: March 19, 2016, 05:31:16 pm »

In Indiana, at a place with an HOA, so already two serious problems in living environment, before he even gets started on specific problems.

Yeah... I desperately need out of Indiana...

I don't know about the HOA thing, though.  It's harder and harder to find anyplace to live that doesn't have one.  At least anyplace where you can also find work...  I imagine this problem is beyond Indiana.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103139 on: March 19, 2016, 05:33:57 pm »

Not all HOAs are full of asshats?

I don't know.

But either way I wish you lots of luck and hugs and stuff.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6874 6875 [6876] 6877 6878 ... 8167