Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6868 6869 [6870] 6871 6872 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434418 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103035 on: March 16, 2016, 04:01:00 pm »

I went to my school's blood drive thing today, but I passed out a little bit before I would've finished it and I actually did give the full pint - they just can't use it since I fell unconscious while everything was in and stuff I guess? I don't know exactly why, but the medtechs said they can't so that's fun :(

This was both my first time giving blood and also my first time fainting so it's been an experience day weee
Okay consider this the final push that'll get me to actually donate.  This weekend, Saturday if they're open.  Needles bother me a lot but I've had blood drawn for tests, it's not that bad once it's in...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #103036 on: March 16, 2016, 04:02:29 pm »

I went to my school's blood drive thing today, but I passed out a little bit before I would've finished it and I actually did give the full pint - they just can't use it since I fell unconscious while everything was in and stuff I guess? I don't know exactly why, but the medtechs said they can't so that's fun :(

This was both my first time giving blood and also my first time fainting so it's been an experience day weee
First time I hear of such a thing.

It might be a reason to exclude you from further donations, but even then I don't think it's a full exclusion criteria. Vasovagal syndromes are pretty idiosyncratic. I don't think a single event necessarily warrants exclusion.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:06:20 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103037 on: March 16, 2016, 04:30:11 pm »

Okay consider this the final push that'll get me to actually donate.  This weekend, Saturday if they're open.  Needles bother me a lot but I've had blood drawn for tests, it's not that bad once it's in...

There's a bit of a difference between giving an ounce or so (probably less) of blood and a full pint. Physiologically at least. Not sure about the psychological aspect.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103038 on: March 16, 2016, 04:35:40 pm »

There's a bit of a difference between giving an ounce or so (probably less) of blood and a full pint. Physiologically at least. Not sure about the psychological aspect.

OH SHIT THAT'S AN EIGHTH OF MY LIFE FORCE

Edit: or a tenth or twelfth, depending on... things.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:37:31 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #103039 on: March 16, 2016, 04:38:43 pm »

Go ahead and give it another shot next time you get a chance. I just about passed out my first time donating blood as well but the other times went much more smoothly.

Make sure you drink plenty of water before donating. Should probably make sure to eat a nutritious meal as well.
Yeah! I definitely plan to the next time I can, it's a good thing to do and it's not like I'm using the blood for anything else :P

That might also be a reason why I did, I'd just had some cereal and peanut butter crackers earlier lol. Good to know for next time.

I've no idea how this has convinced you, lol, but yes! You totally should, it's a good thing to do, and you'll probably get some cookies or something :v be sure to drink and eat enough afterwards, one of my friends wouldn't eave me alone until I'd had a bunch of stuff so I wouldn't faint again.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103040 on: March 16, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »

Rolan, you... probably can't. I don't know where you live, but a lot of places (esp. western places, like Aus, UK, Canada) have, if not an outright bar, then at least a long-ass waiting period (I think it's 5 years in Canada) for men who have slept with other men.

I know that you're pretty gay, but I don't know if you've done the do any time recently. SO... Yeah.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103041 on: March 16, 2016, 05:00:49 pm »

uh
actually I'm pretty sure I'm fine then
I'm *busy* okay :P
I assume kissing and holding hands doesn't count
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103042 on: March 16, 2016, 05:02:15 pm »

well it depends on the wording

usually they'll ask about sexual intercourse, and you'd be fine there, but if the literal wording of the question is "slept with" then you might have some trouble if there were any nighttime sleepycuddles
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103043 on: March 16, 2016, 05:13:31 pm »

I've spent too much time in the tropics to donate. Plus what Descan mentioned, which I hadn't even considered before. Although in the US it's now a one-year wait (used to be a lifetime ban).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103044 on: March 16, 2016, 05:21:15 pm »

Power has been out for a few hours. Something about downed power lines up the road.

Must be fun trying to fix that in 35mph winds. Blowy as fuck, as it is said...

Spoiler: language warning (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103045 on: March 16, 2016, 05:27:07 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:08:11 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103046 on: March 16, 2016, 05:50:26 pm »

...you might have some trouble if there were any nighttime sleepycuddles
"Nighttime sleepycuddles" are just missed opportunities.
...Uh, from what I'm told, anyway. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103047 on: March 16, 2016, 05:55:12 pm »

I fucking hate dogs.  Why do we have one.  They're so goddamn needy and obnoxious and stupid.  Why did I ever allow this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103048 on: March 16, 2016, 06:07:36 pm »

I've spent too much time in the tropics to donate. Plus what Descan mentioned, which I hadn't even considered before. Although in the US it's now a one-year wait (used to be a lifetime ban).
... Huh. I think you mentioned before that you weren't strictly straight. Still, a surprising development.

* Descan jots notes.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103049 on: March 16, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »

... Huh. I think you mentioned before that you weren't strictly straight. Still, a surprising development.

* Descan jots notes.
I had the bi flag in my little flag block back when we all had flags.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6868 6869 [6870] 6871 6872 ... 8167