Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6866 6867 [6868] 6869 6870 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435553 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103005 on: March 15, 2016, 08:42:03 am »

I wouldn't have minded so much if people simply ignored my posts on the subject if they disagreed, that's perfectly reasonable, but attacking a distraught person trying to vent in the one place they have to do so seems rather unkind, not to mention against the spirit of the thread.
If I found a pair of jeans unwashed and sitting out I'd wash them after taking an ice pick to them because I'd figure they were left out. It's unsanitary, unclean, and unimaginably dirty. And then the owner having the gall to speak about me in private because of that? If you hadn't have started cursing them out, I would have spoken out against those attacks, but come on, Yoink.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103006 on: March 15, 2016, 10:44:27 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:12:44 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103007 on: March 15, 2016, 11:30:24 am »

Welp. I'm not coming back to this thread if all we're going to do is argue about what classifies as sadness and what classifies as stupidity/disgust/whatever else. I'll go make a new thread if I have to.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103008 on: March 15, 2016, 02:12:41 pm »

Welp. I'm not coming back to this thread if all we're going to do is argue about what classifies as sadness and what classifies as stupidity/disgust/whatever else. I'll go make a new thread if I have to.
You'll make your own thread! With blackjack! And hookers!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103009 on: March 15, 2016, 03:28:31 pm »

You'll make your own thread! With blackjack! And hookers!

Lots of blackjack! All the hookers! Hookers playing blackjack! Jack Black playing blackjack with hookers! What?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103010 on: March 15, 2016, 05:25:46 pm »

Barely got any sleep last night and today was a rather long day, and it's not over yet because there's still stuf that needs doing. And I'm so god damn tired and empty headed at the moment that I can barely bring myself to do anything.
To top it all off I think my brief period of happiness is coming to a crashing end, it lasted a whole of four days. It might just be me being tired which usually ends with a shit mood but this started last night when going to bed as no matter how hard I tried my thoughts circled back onto bad things, probably the reason why I didn't get any sleep. And it's probably going to continue because I'm too tired to keep myself in a good mood and I can't really go to sleep yet because there's stuff that needs doing :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103011 on: March 15, 2016, 06:28:10 pm »

I wouldn't have minded so much if people simply ignored my posts on the subject if they disagreed, that's perfectly reasonable, but attacking a distraught person trying to vent in the one place they have to do so seems rather unkind, not to mention against the spirit of the thread.
If I found a pair of jeans unwashed and sitting out I'd wash them after taking an ice pick to them because I'd figure they were left out. It's unsanitary, unclean, and unimaginably dirty. And then the owner having the gall to speak about me in private because of that? If you hadn't have started cursing them out, I would have spoken out against those attacks, but come on, Yoink.
What are you even on about? ???
I mean, most of your posts don't make a whole lot of sense, but this is apparently directed at me. "Cursing them out"? I never cursed out the person who did this, in fact I never even mentioned it to them. As I mentioned in a previous post, I plan on either leaving an angry note when I leave here, or perhaps tell them what I think of them as I am leaving. That way I don't have to stay here amidst the resulting tension.
Also, I am of the opinion that messing with a person's belongings without their permission is a terrible thing to do in any case.

If I had left them in the laundry basket, which I was led to believe is the correct procedure if you want something washed in this place, I could understand. But they were nowhere near the laundry basket, there was no note saying "yo wash these" or anything, and I was not consulted. I can't exactly feel safe or comfortable in a place where people apparently do as they please with my possessions when I'm not around!
Anyone who does such things and expects people not to be mad really needs some sense knocked into them.

Barely got any sleep last night and today was a rather long day, and it's not over yet because there's still stuf that needs doing. And I'm so god damn tired and empty headed at the moment that I can barely bring myself to do anything.
To top it all off I think my brief period of happiness is coming to a crashing end, it lasted a whole of four days. It might just be me being tired which usually ends with a shit mood but this started last night when going to bed as no matter how hard I tried my thoughts circled back onto bad things, probably the reason why I didn't get any sleep. And it's probably going to continue because I'm too tired to keep myself in a good mood and I can't really go to sleep yet because there's stuff that needs doing :I
I can relate to this. It's not fun. :-\
The only thing I can recommend is enough exercise throughout the day to make you physically tired at the end of it, but it sounds as though you wouldn't have enough time to fit that in over the course of a day. Have you tried setting up a regular sleep cycle for yourself? I find if you stick to that it can really help after just a few nights.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:31:57 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103012 on: March 15, 2016, 08:11:25 pm »

For the electronics thing, for me at least that means sitting up, at a computer. Actually lying in bed watching a movie, well that actually seems to help me nod off.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103013 on: March 15, 2016, 08:12:11 pm »

Ugh, homework officially sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103014 on: March 15, 2016, 08:35:39 pm »

Damnit.
I just took a look at my social schedule for next month, and two things I really wanted to go to are happening on the same night, at the same time. Well, one of them isn't that exciting to me, but I told a friend I'd be there. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103015 on: March 16, 2016, 01:05:35 am »

I think everyone's felt like they posted something and got no responses and that felt like people were deliberately ignoring them. I certainly have, but that feeling is most certainly an illusion.
hear hear
literally every post in the thread
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103016 on: March 16, 2016, 01:06:39 am »

Damnit. *snip*

It's probably the best thing to tell your friend about this ASAP, and be up front about what's going on, e.g.:

"hey I really wanted to catch up with you at <event X> but I suddenly realized <event Y> was on the at the exact same time. So that's a bummer. I don't want to skip out on you for <event X> but I really don't want to miss out on <event Y>. Maybe we can catch up for a <beer/coffee> etc around then instead?"

Obviously this is a bit stilted and over formal like this, but it's to emphasize the elements, personalize it to whatever sounds natural for your friend. This kind of thing makes it clear that you prefer <event Y> to <event X>, but you value spending time with your friend as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:14:16 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103017 on: March 16, 2016, 01:15:49 am »

Damnit. *snip*

It's probably the best thing to tell your friend about this ASAP, and be up front about what's going on, e.g.:

"hey I really wanted to catch up with you at <event X> but I suddenly realized <event Y> was on the at the exact same time. So that's a bummer. I don't want to skip out on you for <event X> but I really don't want to miss out on <event Y>. Maybe we can catch up for a <beer/coffee> etc around then instead?"

This kind of thing makes it clear that you prefer <event Y> to <event X>, but you value spending time with your friend as well.
Thanks for the advice! I think what I might do, however, is wait until closer to the date and see what kind of mood I'm in.
Both events are live music, and what kind of bands I feel like seeing is often influenced by how I'm feeling at the time. Still, I might shoot over a message mentioning that I have a lot on that day...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #103018 on: March 16, 2016, 01:24:32 am »

My grandma is going in for surgery on possibly cancerous skin today. She's already had a definite tumour removed, so there's a reasonable chance it's spread. She also has to have her lymph nodes checked.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103019 on: March 16, 2016, 02:03:31 am »

(1) I probably won't get any of the summer internships I applied to
(2) even if I did, I probably won't be able to go anyways, because american laws

:'(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 6866 6867 [6868] 6869 6870 ... 8167