Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6861 6862 [6863] 6864 6865 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435499 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102930 on: March 13, 2016, 11:41:16 am »

who the fuck had that thing, and how
It sounded like there was some sort of police action going on.
All the news says is that after a long standoff, a man "surrendered peacefully".

The police were outside for probably nine hours, I just happened to pick the worst possible time to try and leave.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #102931 on: March 13, 2016, 07:28:20 pm »

Why be friends with me when you could be friends with someone not-fucked-up.

Because you are awesome. *HUG*
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102932 on: March 13, 2016, 08:00:49 pm »

Yeah, fucked-up people are more interesting to be around anyway.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102933 on: March 13, 2016, 08:06:18 pm »

Yeah, fucked-up people are more interesting to be around anyway.
+1
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102934 on: March 13, 2016, 08:43:03 pm »

Why be friends with me when you could be friends with someone not-fucked-up.

Because you are awesome. *HUG*
This.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102935 on: March 13, 2016, 09:28:15 pm »

Feeling bored and unmotivated and directionless. During spring break no less. Barely the start of the week.

Was thinking of trying to find a pathfinder game group at the local game shop tomorrow but I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to not bother with tabletop stuff. I have enough interests/hobbies that I don't have the time or motivation for as it is. Plus I'm a newbie and socially awkward and a weird lil' shit so I don't think I'd be welcome.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102936 on: March 13, 2016, 10:10:44 pm »

Duuuuude... most people at such gatherings are at least a little awkward.
They won't mind, if they even notice. Plus, attending that sort of thing every so often is a great way to boost one's confidence and become less awkward. I think you'd enjoy it, and it would seem a lot less daunting one you got there. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102937 on: March 14, 2016, 12:39:57 am »

When I realized this is literally all I do at all for literally most of the day non stop then I cheered up later in the day when I realized this is awesome and as such I should not feel sad.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #102938 on: March 14, 2016, 12:58:13 am »

I have determined that I have a serious crush on my best friend, which is amazing. Before it was just light crushes and stuff and more platonic than anything but no this is definitely romantic and cant really pass this off as platonic :(

I'm sad because they're currently in a relationship, which I don't know, may or may not last for a while yet. It looked like it was going to end for a little bit, but now it's been strengthened and it seems their relationship is deeper now. Hooray.

I want to scream, fuck, I don't know, I'm a really crappy person for wanting to be with them when they're already with someone else and just asdfghjkl;'

Anyways, my own silly sads aside,
who the fuck had that thing, and how

dudes, I'm not doing good. I am doin' bad. I set myself off again. And I'm upset about it, because every time I do it I feel really dumb. my entire mind is like huuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. and I just. I feel dumb and the world seems too loud and too stressful and too sensorily, like, overwhelming in the touch-sense. I get to feeling like "I'm not going to leave this room for any reason." not for food, not for water, not for work. and I used to have some friends who would like "collect" me when I was like this. They'd trip-sit. They'd check in on me every once in a while and be sure I ate something. And now I don't anymore. Because it's too much shit for other people to deal with and my friend-value is too low. Why be friends with me when you could be friends with someone not-fucked-up.

It's not that I need someone else to take responsibility for me. It's that I'm lonely. I wish that there was somebody other than me who cared about my getting better.

Maybe I do need to make a pact with myself to never talk about this stuff with anyone other than my therapist. I'd probably fuck myself up a lot less often.

Well, I'll probably come down soon enough, and this post will sound just crazy.
Veeeeeeeeectoooooooooooooor we all care about you and we're all rooting for you! If we could be there for you in person I'm sure you'd have all of us cramming into your home to make sure you're alright

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102939 on: March 14, 2016, 01:54:14 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:18:19 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102940 on: March 14, 2016, 02:42:29 am »

Oh, come on Vector. When we say we like you as a person, we mean it.

Politics and the Media disgusts me. A new issue in Philippine Politics is how a high-quality University student from the University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB) is disrespecting a presidential candidate. Now, this presidential candidate has rabid fans all over, and granted, he doesn't have much in the way of a horrible track record, except maybe a few select 700-1,700 extrajudicial kills, to which he admitted, and his official endorsement and complicity with a Vigilante Squad.

Now, since I don't live in his city, I can't really tell the efficiency of killing people in the wild if they're known to be criminals, bypassing the court, but it is reputed to have curbed the crime rates over there. If anything, he's incredibly popular because aside from the killings, he hasn't done anything to plunder government funds from taxes and feed it into his own lifestyle, which could have been lavish if he went the corrupt route.

The student, pressed for time, insufferably asked the candidate how they would allocate funds for country defense in terms of the local terrorist NPA group, versus the priority of education. As we all know, we cannot divide a whole number to become double its worth, so something has to suffer for it. Granted, the student did disrespectfully interject when the candidate was trying to move on to his bigger point, telling him to directly tell the point because time was being wasted and so he could go home.

Conveniently, Rappler (online news outlet) left the tidbit in which the candidate said that he wanted to go home early, and due to the arrogant leanings of the student's attitude, was framed as if the guy was being arrogant for its own sake due to his educational background.

Cue the media, Facebook and all, vilifying the student for a poorly-worded statement, which caused the guy to take down his account due to death threats, and various barbaric leanings of the rabid fanbase wanting the student expelled for disgracing the FUTURE president.

I have no idea how they can be so damned sure that the candidate would win, although he does have the lead at the moment, and the fact that the fanbase actively discourages critical thinking and negative opinions, wanting to turn the country into a world of yes-men. They're all imbeciles, I say.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #102941 on: March 14, 2016, 03:05:32 am »

Of all the great boxers of olden times whose skill humanity is still privileged to be able to see through recordings of their matches, training camps, etc. the one, the ONE boxer who doesn't have a single fight on footage and who managed to live in the same era as motion pictures just happened to be, by every contemporary eyewitness account, one of the greatest, most talented and just plain vicious boxers to have ever lived.

I'm referring to Harry Greb, the Pittsburgh windmill, apparently one of the greatest middleweights, if not the greatest, of all time.  The man who has beaten more future hall of famers than any other boxer in recorded history, fought approx. 280 fights and been stopped only twice, fought with literally one eye dead and losing vision in the other one, the only man to ever beat the great Gene Tunney. 

If there's a heaven, there better a Greatest Hits of him up there.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102942 on: March 14, 2016, 04:47:19 am »

Yeah, it's always disappointing when there's a wealth of eyewitness reports about something spectacular from the past, but no footage or photographs of it. Not only boxers but jazz musicians too, I've found. Buddy Bolden, for example.

In my own current Sad: I want to go to the state north of here for the weekend, as I did a couple of weekends ago, but as my father pointed out the train trip would cost me almost $50 each way. I get paid tomorrow, but I need to pay a lot of that on rent and bills, as well as probably paying some money I borrowed. I might get some money from my father for the work I've been helping him with, but I really haven't done a whole lot.

There are a couple of excellent shows at my favourite venue this weekend, I really wanted to get up there. :-\
Maybe I should hitchhike or something...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #102943 on: March 14, 2016, 06:09:09 am »

I dropped my salad on the bus today, i got kicked off because some rule against tomatoes or something, i didnt listen to what the driver was saying because im sure he wanted to eat it himself.
Last time I ever toss a ceasar salad in public transport.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #102944 on: March 14, 2016, 06:16:57 am »

Politics and the Media disgusts me. A new issue in Philippine Politics is how a high-quality University student from the University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB) is disrespecting a presidential candidate. Now, this presidential candidate has rabid fans all over, and granted, he doesn't have much in the way of a horrible track record, except maybe a few select 700-1,700 extrajudicial kills, to which he admitted, and his official endorsement and complicity with a Vigilante Squad.

Now, since I don't live in his city, I can't really tell the efficiency of killing people in the wild if they're known to be criminals, bypassing the court, but it is reputed to have curbed the crime rates over there. If anything, he's incredibly popular because aside from the killings, he hasn't done anything to plunder government funds from taxes and feed it into his own lifestyle, which could have been lavish if he went the corrupt route.

The student, pressed for time, insufferably asked the candidate how they would allocate funds for country defense in terms of the local terrorist NPA group, versus the priority of education. As we all know, we cannot divide a whole number to become double its worth, so something has to suffer for it. Granted, the student did disrespectfully interject when the candidate was trying to move on to his bigger point, telling him to directly tell the point because time was being wasted and so he could go home.

Conveniently, Rappler (online news outlet) left the tidbit in which the candidate said that he wanted to go home early, and due to the arrogant leanings of the student's attitude, was framed as if the guy was being arrogant for its own sake due to his educational background.

Cue the media, Facebook and all, vilifying the student for a poorly-worded statement, which caused the guy to take down his account due to death threats, and various barbaric leanings of the rabid fanbase wanting the student expelled for disgracing the FUTURE president.

I have no idea how they can be so damned sure that the candidate would win, although he does have the lead at the moment, and the fact that the fanbase actively discourages critical thinking and negative opinions, wanting to turn the country into a world of yes-men. They're all imbeciles, I say.
...dude, you seem to have been transported to Liberal Crime Squad-verse.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6861 6862 [6863] 6864 6865 ... 8167