Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6860 6861 [6862] 6863 6864 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437004 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102915 on: March 12, 2016, 09:52:19 pm »

*applies more congratulatory hugs!*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #102916 on: March 12, 2016, 11:31:04 pm »

Yes, it's working :P

Thanks, folks. *hugs* I'm trying to celebrate because I had a pretty bad flareup over the past couple of days. But overall, that's happening a lot less of the time now.
That's good!

So, I'm home now. A flashbang went off while I was trying to leave my friend's house, but I'm alright.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102917 on: March 13, 2016, 02:37:59 am »

...an actual flashbang? ._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102918 on: March 13, 2016, 02:49:46 am »

That was unexpected.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102919 on: March 13, 2016, 02:52:19 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:22:34 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #102920 on: March 13, 2016, 03:01:33 am »

who the fuck had that thing, and how

It sounded like there was some sort of police action going on.

Cops yelling at people to do the dinosaur and so on.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102921 on: March 13, 2016, 03:06:12 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:22:43 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102922 on: March 13, 2016, 05:32:53 am »

[...]Why be friends with me when you could be friends with someone not-fucked-up.

It's not that I need someone else to take responsibility for me. It's that I'm lonely. I wish that there was somebody other than me who cared about my getting better.

Maybe I do need to make a pact with myself to never talk about this stuff with anyone other than my therapist. I'd probably fuck myself up a lot less often.

Well, I'll probably come down soon enough, and this post will sound just crazy.
No. :I Friends aren't pre-defined by the problem-status of others. The purpose of friends are to be with each other no matter how f*'d up they are. In which I can totally relate with you up there because the exact thing is happening to me .-. Being a friend to yourself to contact your friends who may-not-really-know-of-your-condition right now helps, as I learned the hard way.

But people do care about you no matter who or where you are :O Just contacting em to give a heads-up helps a ton! (I don't know how to ask 'How're you doing' and my friends do that to me every time we can possibly meet. :'( ).
Maybe keeping it confidential with your therapist (since confidentiality is the thing :D) will help--but voicing out your woes with friends or a safe place also helps. Voicing things out lets your mind travel along those thoughts, and while it gets you focused on them at the time of typing and thinking, it also lessens your burden of keeping it all 'bottled up'.

Ya ain't crazy, and your post ain't crazy! I: It's the voicing out of what bothers oneself there.
And if that's crazy, then I'm crazy. :I (But yeah. You're not saying your friend-value is low; them's are not-really-good thoughts saying that. It just sounds like you're saying that because it's in the mind :O and that's where external+internal experiences get processed together.)

...I wish I had friends like that years ago.
this country is getting too damn scary.
Kal is in Canada. Not in America. ._. Also wondering how she's doing and if she's ok .-.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:34:33 am by Tiruin »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102923 on: March 13, 2016, 06:04:24 am »

My Uncle might be dying of lung cancer soon. It hurts so much to see the strong handy man I knew for my whole life reduced to a bald, starved, gaunt scarecrow, twitching in pain and barely hanging on in his hospital bed.

Please don't smoke, guys.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102924 on: March 13, 2016, 06:29:07 am »

:-\
I'm now reminded of my dentist and a really good neighbor. He passed away recently in the last year or so because of smoking-caused issues (lung cancer).
He chose to go back home instead of the hospital due to certain reasons I forgot. I was present along with my parents a day before he passed away and as far as I know, were the last people whom he talked to--he talked to my parents in private because they were his close friends and allied-doctors, but I was able to see the differences in the days. Small community the medical profession is, in our city...

Please don't smoke, guys.
This so much.
Chronic smoking. :-\

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102925 on: March 13, 2016, 10:27:44 am »

yo, vec, i may not be able to physically check in on you but add me to some kind of im program or something and i can achieve the closest thing the internet has to offer

i mean, i ain't promising i'll always be there for you or some shit, but i would like to try to do some nice things for you because you've been a gigantic net positive influence on my life and i find that inspiring, and also you seem like a pretty rad person in general, even if you do have a lot of pain that you deserve not to have

point is, at least one person does care about you getting better (also lots of others i ain't speaking for, i think)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102926 on: March 13, 2016, 10:30:34 am »

Thanks Putnam for finding a good solution for my youtube issue!

Anyway, having more problems with Mount and Blade. Trying to play the 16th Century mod, but it apparently only works with version 1.158, and the latest version is 1.163 or something.

Found a page on taleworlds that would let me update to the 1.158, but it seems to want to do a FULL INSTALL, which is bad because this is from the site that forgot I bought their game and thus made me pay 20 more dollars to steam. So the install would require a stupid code to activate and thus be pointless.

This is kinda weird because I painlessly updated to the latest version to be compatible with the script extender, so maybe I just followed a weird link? Fuck if I know.
So tired of figuring this shit out just for some funtimes.

Other, more overarching sads is that BFEL has like THE WORST oral hygiene, and thus my teeth hurt. Headaches abound!
But BFEL is rather traumatized with the dentist, so putting that off as long as possible.
Brushed my teeth for the first time in like, a year (AWARE THIS IS STUPID) and this actually made the headache go away, but I have to wonder how long that will last.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102927 on: March 13, 2016, 10:35:35 am »

*once again, hugs everyone*

And @Vector: yeah, basically what Bauglir said goes for me too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #102928 on: March 13, 2016, 10:37:44 am »

BFEL, You can disable M&B's version check in the launcher's options, allowing you to play mods made for older versions of the game.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102929 on: March 13, 2016, 11:04:10 am »

BFEL, You can disable M&B's version check in the launcher's options, allowing you to play mods made for older versions of the game.

Turns out it was already disabled.
Tried twice more, once in each state, neither worked.

It just REFUSES to accept that damn tree mesh :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 6860 6861 [6862] 6863 6864 ... 8167