Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6856 6857 [6858] 6859 6860 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443891 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102855 on: March 10, 2016, 07:34:36 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:34:13 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102856 on: March 10, 2016, 07:36:14 pm »

Sorry to hear about that. Hang in there.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102857 on: March 10, 2016, 07:37:08 pm »

I can give imaginary hugs and e-sympathies. Hope everything works out okay for you.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102858 on: March 10, 2016, 07:51:19 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:34:05 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102859 on: March 10, 2016, 08:07:22 pm »

Have you called the doctor?

Agitation and suicide ideation are side effects of some anti-depressants.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102860 on: March 10, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:30:28 pm by Vector »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #102861 on: March 10, 2016, 08:18:13 pm »

*snip*

There's a period after beginning antidepressant use in which the symptoms might actually become more visible... IIRC the problem is that at that point the person is still depressed, but actually has the energy to move around.

If he's actually expressing suicidal ideas it might be a good thing to ask for professional help, as others have suggested, just in case.

Good luck. If you need to vent drop me a line...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102862 on: March 10, 2016, 08:31:47 pm »

That's generally the big thing, yes; still the problem(s), but the physical symptoms are pulling back to whatever degree, meaning it's notably easier to actually express the rest of it. Still, it could be something else, too, including just straight up increased aggression and whatnot, or some other side effect that's causing it*. One of the trickier things about antidepressants (That I figure vec is already aware of/the doctor has emphasized, but still) is that people just don't react the same way to any particular one very often -- there's general themes and likelihoods, but it's a great deal of trial and error, often leaning towards the error side of things until something workable is found. It can be pretty rough, both for the person taking them and the people that care for 'em.

Which... yeah. Best of luck, vec, and definitely keep in contact with the doctor, especially if he's been taking them long enough the effects should have kicked it. Hopefully the prescribing doctor told you/your family this, yeah.

*I've actually just recently started on some myself, and one of the physical side effects for the initial dosage was uncontrollable tremors in my basically everything -- if I had even the most remote of tempers, I probably would have been a nightmare to be around when it was particularly bad, because holy fuck you cannot easily maintain composure when you're constantly losing fine (and sometimes not) motor control.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #102863 on: March 10, 2016, 08:38:37 pm »

Anti-depressants (in my experience) tend to take a bit to "work", in that they provide mood stabilising effects. Mean time appeared to be ~3 weeks.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102864 on: March 10, 2016, 10:48:38 pm »

i have already sent well-wishing toward vector in another medium, but it bears repeating here - it would be just if you were to receive all the hugs

also, i fear i am being punished for my clever and delicious meal yesterday

was it the chili peppers? was the lettuce tainted? perhaps the oil and ramen seasoning blend i covered the pasta in has had unfortunate accelerant effects. but this is not a good pain.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102865 on: March 10, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »

@Vector:
I can give imaginary hugs and e-sympathies. Hope everything works out okay for you.
*hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102866 on: March 10, 2016, 11:22:31 pm »

The way how ERASED does cliffhangers made me rage today

It isn't as much something that pisses me off as much as it frustrates me and kind of forces me to wait another week for it... Still makes me sad because its going to be a very long week till then, because of march break...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102867 on: March 10, 2016, 11:34:30 pm »

I can feel a sleepless night coming on.

Thank you depression for giving me the urge to stay awake all night because I feel useless as a girlfriend because apparently lying to me about nothing being wrong is apparently better than confiding with me where I could possibly help. Especially when I know damn well that somethings wrong.

Not wanting to dump problems on me is counterintuitive because when I inevitably find out the problem, this happens and I lose my shit for a week. I feel like I'm being slammed with so many emotions at once that all I can do is stare at the friggin wall.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:37:24 pm by Silthuri »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102868 on: March 10, 2016, 11:58:19 pm »

I can feel a sleepless night coming on.

Thank you depression for giving me the urge to stay awake all night because I feel useless as a girlfriend because apparently lying to me about nothing being wrong is apparently better than confiding with me where I could possibly help. Especially when I know damn well that somethings wrong.

Not wanting to dump problems on me is counterintuitive because when I inevitably find out the problem, this happens and I lose my shit for a week. I feel like I'm being slammed with so many emotions at once that all I can do is stare at the friggin wall.

Maybe it's a problem that he doesn't want you involved in?

I know at my recovery home, a lot of guys come in and say their problems there and not to their significant others or girlfriends because they don't want to burden them or hurt them. It could also be the fact he thinks you don't have the answers he's looking for.

At this case, it's out of your hands. You can try asking again later, but there is no reason for you to, literally, lose sleep over it. If he doesn't want to say, leave it be. There are too many factors that you might not know about to worry about it. If you start getting messages or calls or something similar that raise flags that there is a very serious problem, that might be the time to press the question of what's wrong.

Best you can do is be open and honest; saying that you worry about them and saying outright that they look like something is wrong and you can see it. If they deny it and get angry, leave it. Otherwise, saying what you feel about it will help. Don't go self pity on it, but be honest.

It makes people open up when you're open and honest; That's one thing I learned in rehab. You show trust and honesty, if they're a normal human being, they're gonna reciprocate that. The exception is that they're like me before rehab and, then in that case, I think they're gonna need help that you can't give them
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102869 on: March 11, 2016, 12:12:11 am »

I've done it for years. I've assured him would be there in every way possible and tried to be content with his solitary nature. But it seems he would rather post cryptic messages on social media than come to me for assurances he obviously needs based on what he's been saying to others.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 6856 6857 [6858] 6859 6860 ... 8167