Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6804 6805 [6806] 6807 6808 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441092 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102075 on: February 17, 2016, 02:36:31 am »

It's good to hear you are aware of what happened kot. People tend to "close" after such things and try to avoid ever having their heart broken again, or try to blame everyone else or justify whatever crap happened as not their fault or whatever.
Except I am still in love with her which fucking kills me, and the fact that I know it's proably mostly my fault makes me want to kill myself. I lost the only person I ever really cared for. And hearing that it will pass just makes me irrationaly angry.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102076 on: February 17, 2016, 08:49:28 am »

There is no limit to how many people you can personally care for, and advice won't trigger a spiral of anger unless it has a sticking interpretation (that especially nudges the wrong way ._.). Others' advice also helps balance personal perception on things...so we don't get to drastic conclusions that just end up hurting us (plus collateral damage) along the way. :-\

Wishing you well, Kot (and everyone else). I've personally found talking this over with someone well-versed in dealing with these being a great help [And...stopped me from getting worse in emotions :-[ ]{who is pretty much my Guidance Counselor.}. I hope you find peace in the midst of tension and pressure there. (and I apologize ahead if any of my words cause any unwanted feelings or emotions to arise)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102077 on: February 17, 2016, 10:39:28 am »

I get angry because people say obvious stuff and I basically... ugh, I don't know. Maybe it's because I literaly told the same thing to others back before and now I realize how little it actually matters.
Also, I am all for advice but honestly I have yet to hear any advice that really changed anything. There were three people I know that could help someone deal with stuff like that, one of them being me (I am retarded but usually try to help and people apparently trust me for some serene reason... but due to obvious reasons, don't think I am good at it anymore) and the other being her (which, also due to obvious reasons, I cannot talk with). There is also one of our "mutual friends" but she basically screamed at me that she doesn't want to have anything to do with the whole situation and hates other people expecting her to do something. Understandable. I guess it's way easier for them to go with support happy her than not-exactly-happy me. Thankfully most of them don't even like the guy so I don't feel replaced by him when it comes to friends, at least.

I could proably go to someone who actually gets paid to do shit like this but that would be like admitting a loss... also, yeah, again I don't really see the point.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102078 on: February 17, 2016, 10:54:37 am »

This too shall pass
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102079 on: February 17, 2016, 11:39:44 am »

blagh

new life experience get: cops-have-a-quota pull over

in their defense, my failure to renew my car's registration is entirely my fault, and this could all have been avoided if i'd taken the needlessly circuitous back road route home

i think this is what they call hubris
Wow yeah, same thing happened to me Friday.
The crazy part is that the fine is like 25$, but the court fee is $190...
And it looks like I pay both whether I appear in court or just mail in the fine.  And even if I do appear and get it thrown out (which is apparently common even though I was totes guilty) I think I'd still pay the court fee.

And I did get it inspected in December but the state computers apparently said it was "too early", which I don't understand at all.  I had to do it in January, not before or later.

On the bright side, my car's legal again now, thanks to a family member driving me around to work everything out.  (I'm super uncomfortable that I had to rely on someone like that, but that's life).

Also on the bright side, this is the 5th day I've been in my hometown and I'm holding together fairly well.  And going home in a few hours!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102080 on: February 17, 2016, 11:59:12 am »

Sick. Had to come home early after sending a 'halp' text while on the fucking toilet in a high-school bathroom. It was embarrassing and I'm still feeling like a bag of poorly-cooked food.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102081 on: February 17, 2016, 04:56:07 pm »

so im going to london in may with my school and we just got the papers to fill in our desired room distribution on. room sizes are 4 and 6. me and my two friends is just three people and we can't find anybody else. i dont want to be on a room with people i dont know. going out of my comfort zone has literally never done anything good for me, i just want to enjoy the trip

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102082 on: February 17, 2016, 05:04:04 pm »

I want something to happen, anything, because otherwise I'm afraid I will do something as stupid as trying to talk or whatever. Kill me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #102083 on: February 17, 2016, 05:48:23 pm »

I've been in London for a month and things are going terribly slow :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102084 on: February 17, 2016, 05:51:43 pm »

so im going to london in may with my school and we just got the papers to fill in our desired room distribution on. room sizes are 4 and 6. me and my two friends is just three people and we can't find anybody else. i dont want to be on a room with people i dont know. going out of my comfort zone has literally never done anything good for me, i just want to enjoy the trip
I feel like you could make this a fun thing with a bit of effort.
But I get how you feel, that's for sure. Good luck. You should go for the full six so that there's a good chance of at least one of your wildcards not being lame.

I want something to happen, anything, because otherwise I'm afraid I will do something as stupid as trying to talk or whatever. Kill me.
But I don't wanna. :(
I'd rather you kept talking.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102085 on: February 17, 2016, 05:56:26 pm »

Always remember: love != all
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102086 on: February 17, 2016, 06:04:20 pm »

So tired of college. I hate the classes. Hate the workload. Hate the drives. Hate the people. Hate interacting with the people. Hate being around the people. Hate going out. Hate the tests. Hate the homework. Hate the stress. Hate my life.

Just 4 more months of the semester. Ugggggh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102087 on: February 17, 2016, 06:08:28 pm »

If we can't fill all the slots, we literally have no choice in the matter. I have until Monday...

Also just ugh. I don't even really know what to do anymore. I don't feel like I'm making any progress on anything. I can talk to girls in like, a functional way but that's more or less it. I just don't have female friends and I like never get any real opportunity to make friends. And it makes me feel like shit all the time. Everybody seems to have female friends except for me :x
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:25:54 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #102088 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »

Dafuk.

That's me in a month. Haven't got the papers yet, though I know that there will be. They said 6 people at least, and... yeah.

You sound a lot like me... ... ...

Of course he does. You're both Pathos.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102089 on: February 17, 2016, 06:44:50 pm »

Perhaps so. Me at least. Him? I dunnno.

Even if he didn't start that way, he's been here long enough to have become Pathos by now.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 6804 6805 [6806] 6807 6808 ... 8167