Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6803 6804 [6805] 6806 6807 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441105 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102060 on: February 16, 2016, 05:29:39 pm »

Well that's obvious. What do think is the chance of you having a crush on whoever you have a crush on (specifically)? Is it likely? I mean, we have people here who do have likely crushes, but that's different. Since they're usually friends or something.

Ok please don't say yes.
what are you even trying to say? That nobody is attracted to me? I guess there's a good chance that's true, yeah

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102061 on: February 16, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »

Apparently, lockers are rented out by the semester, and obviously a month in they're all taken. So Bauglir will not be using the conveniently-located pool on campus, because I'll be damned if I'm going to leave my stuff sitting out. It's all crap not worth stealing, except the backpack itself - and I don't expect a thief to bother checking inside first. This means I'll need to find another place, which I'll have to pay for and drive to, and which will have far less convenient hours.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102062 on: February 16, 2016, 09:30:14 pm »

Pools and swimming are overrated anyway.

Says the guy who never learned to swim.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #102063 on: February 16, 2016, 09:33:56 pm »

It's at least a useful skill to have, we actually had swimming class in public school. :v

Also, apparently my mood decided to go to shit on its own accord, which i of course am absolutely thrilled about. And to think, i was actually feeling pretty good before that. Still somewhat sick (although definitely recovering), but felt good. That is no longer so. Now i am both on the verge of coughing my lungs out and feeling like i don't deserve to make progress in this life.

As an extension to that feeling, i also get nervous about damn near anything that isn't routine. Family dinner? Nervous. Travelling? Nervous. Meeting up with friends? Nervous. Meeting new people? Even more nervous. Applying for a job? Balls out terrifying. Pretty much everything that's conductive to self-sufficiency makes me nervous as hell. I'm a goddamn nervous train wreck who can't even try to follow his own dreams without being nervous and second guessing what the dream actually is. Do i even have one? I don't know right now. Ugh, better go to bed.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102064 on: February 16, 2016, 09:35:40 pm »

Pools and swimming are overrated anyway.
Not when you live on an island and swimming lessons are a compulsory part of school because of all the drowning deaths
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102065 on: February 16, 2016, 10:07:22 pm »

It's also the only* form of exercise I enjoy.

*Haven't tried sex, not gonna count on getting a partner for that one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102066 on: February 16, 2016, 10:29:47 pm »

@Caroline:

*hugs*

*lots of hugs*

Wish I could do anything more to help, but...Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102067 on: February 16, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »

Quote from: Caroline
no quoting
FITE ME

More seriously, pls tough it out until you can get the hell out of dodge and move somewhere not shit. Europe's pretty full-up, but maybe Canada has some spare spots. Or NZ, immigrating here is easy if you have a tertiary qualification.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102068 on: February 16, 2016, 10:43:31 pm »

And you've probably heard terrible things about the USA, but we're usually not that bad...
Just, become an adult or whatever.  Alive, please?  We're rooting for you to escape.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102069 on: February 16, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »

And you've probably heard terrible things about the USA, but we're usually not that bad...
Just, become an adult or whatever.  Alive, please?  We're rooting for you to escape.
Yes.  Very much this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102070 on: February 16, 2016, 10:47:57 pm »

Quote from: Caroline
no quoting
FITE ME

More seriously, pls tough it out until you can get the hell out of dodge and move somewhere not shit. Europe's pretty full-up, but maybe Canada has some spare spots. Or NZ, immigrating here is easy if you have a tertiary qualification.
Ayo. We're... Underpopulated. Gibe caroline, will make happy. And seriously, Caroline. Please, PLEASE make it out of there... I bet you anything almost any forumgoer would be willing to help you. :c
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102071 on: February 16, 2016, 10:53:40 pm »

Despite ranking really low on the quality of living scale compared to other Western countries.

I bet you anything almost any forumgoer would be willing to help you. :c
Also this, yeah. It's weird to help/accept help from random internet people but if push comes to shove don't count it out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102072 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37:06 pm »

Also the fun thing where our medical care costs more than anyone else's, for roughly low-average care. :V

One thing you can be sure of with the US: Almost no likelyhood of a war caused by another country affecting you directly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102073 on: February 17, 2016, 12:01:24 am »

Hold on there Caroline :-\ When bad things happen and that's what people say, sometimes this makes up the entirety of what we see. I personally keep in mind to keep looking all around, so I won't get fixated on "just this instance" that I'm probably only seeing a tiny slice of life.

That's what was told to me anyway, and it makes a ton of sense. We sense things linearly, one after the other--keep in contact with the friends you love; keep yourself angled towards a better future, but always be aware of where your current position is so that you won't be taken unaware :(

Those people who label and judge aren't those who actually studied, learned, and gave themselves to educating on the issue they're talking about. Especially given the ignorance level of superlative adjectives they use. :v Move away from there, it's a negatively conforming place as far as things are presented (or at least keep in contact with those who think otherwise in a better way) ._.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102074 on: February 17, 2016, 02:04:11 am »

blagh

new life experience get: cops-have-a-quota pull over

in their defense, my failure to renew my car's registration is entirely my fault, and this could all have been avoided if i'd taken the needlessly circuitous back road route home

i think this is what they call hubris
Pages: 1 ... 6803 6804 [6805] 6806 6807 ... 8167