Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6800 6801 [6802] 6803 6804 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434303 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102015 on: February 15, 2016, 01:38:47 pm »

Iron Maiden will be performing live in a couple of months very near by. I could probably go and all, and I do love them, still remember the first time I saw them almost ten years ago. But I just kinda don't feel like it really. I might change my mind since it is pretty farr off, but the issue is that the venue isn't that big so they'll probably sell out within minutes of opening up the sales, which happens in three days time. Meh
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102016 on: February 15, 2016, 01:48:13 pm »

And because of all those bots...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #102017 on: February 15, 2016, 02:00:56 pm »

Iron Maiden will be performing live in a couple of months very near by. I could probably go and all, and I do love them, still remember the first time I saw them almost ten years ago. But I just kinda don't feel like it really. I might change my mind since it is pretty farr off, but the issue is that the venue isn't that big so they'll probably sell out within minutes of opening up the sales, which happens in three days time. Meh

Hey, at least you actually have the possibility - most of my favorite bands rarely come to the US at all, meaning that it would cost me several thousand dollars to go see a concert.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102018 on: February 15, 2016, 02:02:18 pm »

Lord Shonus, your avatar is flappin' his flippers almost perfectly in time with the ragtime song I'm listening to right now.
It is quite hypnotic to watch. This isn't a sad, sorry, but hey.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102019 on: February 15, 2016, 02:17:30 pm »

why can't anybody be attracted to me for a change. am i the only person this bs happens to?
Man.
There is a good bunch of people in this thread are sad because of love shenanigans, it's pretty normal problem.
with bs i mostly meant the part where i have no female friends and just get crushes on random people i hardly know

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #102020 on: February 15, 2016, 02:25:03 pm »

Hey, at least you actually have the possibility - most of my favorite bands rarely come to the US at all, meaning that it would cost me several thousand dollars to go see a concert.

Hey, look on the bright side. They might ever actually go to the US. Nobody ever comes to SA.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102021 on: February 15, 2016, 02:41:18 pm »

I'm finding it very hard to muster up any enthusiasm for my Northwards trip in a couple of days.
As much as I'm excited to catch up with a lot of old friends and visit my beloved home city, I don't even have a place to stay arranged, unless I stay with a friend who lives hours away from the city anyway. This trip is so disorganized, in fact, that I don't even have a set time that I'm gonna be gone... if I'm away too long I'll end up missing all sorts of good stuff down here. Hell, that's going to happen anyway, but the longer I'm gone the worse it gets.

For starters I'll be missing out on the last two Sundays of The Sugarcanes' residency at a bar in town.
If I'd known about them and that sooner I probably would have... well actually I probably would have just managed to see at least two of their sets before I left. But still, if not for this trip I could make up for missing out next week. :-\

The whole thing's a lot of work and stress in general.
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102022 on: February 15, 2016, 03:55:37 pm »

Yay! I got a pay raise.... so why in the sad thread? I'm earning a whole 35 bucks now (minus like 5 dollars in taxes)...

... per month... in a place where most things cost as much (if not more) than your regular American or European city. So I can't buy new quality shoes, or clothes or much really, that's it, beside local grown food. I wouldn't mind that much because honestly I'm not a demanding person regarding material things and let just say there are a lot of people having a worst time than me. However things that are also out of my pocket's reach include medicine, proper medical care in case of serious illness(thank God my wife and I are relatively healthy) and a house of my own.

That's not taking into account the living conditions under rampant crime and impunity of about 90% on all crimes, which encourage further crime and the decaying services, country wide. At least gas is cheap and I got enough luck to buy a car before all went to hell.

Sometimes I just feel like simply sending all to hell and go into the wild to live off the land with my wife. Our living standards wouldn't be that much affected and probably would even improve in some areas. It's chronicish depressing and is starting to get to me too.

On the bright side I patched things with the wife. I love her dearly to the point I have skipped meals so she could eat without her knowing, I know she wouldn't eat if she knew. In all honestly I would be lost, to say a least, if it weren't for her. She's all been cranky and moody recently but I think is because she's either pregnant or something weird is happening to her period. Nevertheless everybody has been cranky lately, as the scarcity gets more acute.

There's has been a change in the politics recently as we gained a notable foothold on our version of congress, but the executive and legal powers remain within firm grasp of the idiots that actively try to destroy the country if only to be kings of the ashes.

Sometimes I have a laugh at the reminiscence of my life as someone living in the Imperium from Warhamer 40K. It's like living in a more or less (more less than more) civilized world where you can live happily as long you don't need/want anything from off-world. Food and very basic clothing is at your reach, but all those expensive mechanicum tech and medicines? Nay, they are for the planetary government and nobility, health or safety is a luxury not meant for simple civilians after all.

Crime is tolerated as long doesn't affect the lords directly and basically you are at your own wits while the ruling class doesn't care a bit for you, unless you are in their way, which will not end up good for you.

Anyway, a lot of people are getting the hell out in what has been already described as a diaspora. I have lost people both to violent crime and emigration, at least the ones that got away still have the chance to fight for a better future for their own and their children.

I haven't expressed any of this before, at least not to the extent I'm doing it right now. The worries for me derive mostly from an unexpected pregnancy and the future of my family, specially an infant, because things like paediatric medicine and baby food is amongst those luxuries people can't easily afford, if at all. We have government officials travelling to the darn neighbour countries to do fucking groceries shopping simply to avoid the massive lines we are forced to do to have a shot at buying cheap food.

I worry that if my wife is pregnant she then won't be able to do the lines while I'm working, so I'll have to start doing them, which then would endanger my job, which I need to make money to buy food. It's quite a puzzle. Oh and then not only food lines but diaper and baby food ones would be needed.

With a little luck the baby wouldn't need especial food besides breast milk so baby food wouldn't be needed. But disposable diapers are a must. Because even when we could use reusable diapers there's not detergent to do the laundry for it. I just asked a few hours and a small bag of detergent (less than 1 kg or around 2 lb) cost the equivalent of 1.6 bucks, which may sound suppa cheap for you, sure, but then again consider that I earn the equivalent to 30 bucks, so I have to work little less than two day's to buy that small bag.

My insurance which covers medical care for up to a total whopping of 70 bucks wouldn't cover the birth expenses that are around 500 bucks on a private clinic. Sure, it's cheap for you, but for me that's more than one whole year of work for me...

More than sad all this is a frustrating mixture of despair and rage. Hopefully some day things will improve.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:47:35 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102023 on: February 15, 2016, 05:54:19 pm »

I mean in person. I only really want to talk with her, but by talking with others I can stop myself from doing anything stupid like talking with her.
Have you considered getting yourself dragged into a dumb argument on one of the more controversial threads?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102024 on: February 15, 2016, 06:33:19 pm »

Hey, look on the bright side. They might ever actually go to the US. Nobody ever comes to SA.
Well, except for refugees for Zimbabwe. I'm sure there's a couple really good up-and-coming Zimbabwean bands being interned at the border right now!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102025 on: February 15, 2016, 06:37:24 pm »

Clearly, Arx should start a band. Or at least round up some of said refugees and hand 'em instruments!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102026 on: February 15, 2016, 06:53:19 pm »

It would probably suffice to be carrying said instruments near them. Or just having them with you in a car while driving through the area, really.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102027 on: February 15, 2016, 07:46:21 pm »

I'm still stuck because I couldn't get my registration renewed on President's Day.

thanks obama
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102028 on: February 15, 2016, 07:53:54 pm »

It would probably suffice to be carrying said instruments near them. Or just having them with you in a car while driving through the area, really.
Ohhh snap.

I'm still stuck because I couldn't get my registration renewed on President's Day.

thanks obama
Every time someone says "Thanks Obama", the US president strangles a kitten.
Makes the family dinner pretty awkward whenever he passes someone the salt...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102029 on: February 15, 2016, 07:55:10 pm »

why can't anybody be attracted to me for a change. am i the only person this bs happens to?
Fun fact: There probably IS someone. It's just that people in general seem to be exceptional at realising when someone has a crush on someone else, but terrible at spotting if someone has one on them.
That. Once a girl leaned in for a kiss, and only a couple months later did I realize why she had tilted her head that way.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 6800 6801 [6802] 6803 6804 ... 8167