Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6799 6800 [6801] 6802 6803 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431749 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102000 on: February 14, 2016, 06:47:14 pm »

What the actual fuck.

Why?

I really don't want to play armchair psychologist about it. I know jack shit about what's wrong with her.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102001 on: February 14, 2016, 06:50:32 pm »

Works for me. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102002 on: February 14, 2016, 06:59:01 pm »

Cold fish pie is not tasty, RIP
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102003 on: February 14, 2016, 07:38:40 pm »

That's really fucked up about the girl with the step-grandfather, I have seen similar.

Tried to talk to her, by action and/or inaction I'm guilty of her current misery. Basically she feels I don't put enough effort on the relationship and trying to do new stuff, and whenever I do she's tired, apatic or sleepy.

Well that's shitty and disheartening. But don't give up, hell, it doesn't need to be new stuff, do something you both love/loved (or something she loves) and put your all into it, even if she isn't feeling it. Just try to be positive and somehow impart that upon her (but don't push it too hard, lest it backfires).

In any case, not sure if any of this is helpful, I wish you luck in whatever you attempt to do about it, just do something, because the worst option would be just giving up.

Yeah it is. I think the acute national crisis is so overwhelming that is getting to us. I'm strugling to meet ends is affecting us.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102004 on: February 14, 2016, 10:27:29 pm »

Passing calculus seems an impossible feat, judging by the homework I'm constantly getting assigned. Just keeps getting harder and harder. Getting more and more stressed out.

Have I mentioned this shit is required for my degree and if I don't somehow manage to pass these 2 semesters of calculus then I'm not gonna be able to get the degree.

Life looks pretty bleak and hopeless. Don't know what I'd do with myself if I can't get the degree. Don't know what I'd do with myself after I got the degree. The degree is basically my end-goal right now and without that goal I don't know what the hell to do with my life.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102005 on: February 15, 2016, 12:45:30 am »

I would be very surprised if your college doesn't have people ready to help with that sort of thing. Calc is hard, please go find them.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102006 on: February 15, 2016, 12:47:12 am »

*hugs everybody again*

Also, Spehss_, use the Math Help Thread, or talk to the math department of your college.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102007 on: February 15, 2016, 12:48:01 am »

AFAIK Space Cat doesn't find the work hard per se, it's just that he's being swamped with bullshit. Quantity over quality and all that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102008 on: February 15, 2016, 12:58:05 am »

Well either way, outsourcing some of the work can't hurt.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102009 on: February 15, 2016, 01:41:10 am »

AFAIK Space Cat doesn't find the work hard per se, it's just that he's being swamped with bullshit. Quantity over quality and all that.
Little bit of both categories. Taking both calculus and physics in the same semester results in lots of hard math problems, who would have thought.

I would be very surprised if your college doesn't have people ready to help with that sort of thing. Calc is hard, please go find them.
Yeah, they have tutors. It's not very convenient to go to though, with the locations, the tutors' hours, and the way my schedule worked out. And I'd rather make it hard on myself and learn the material myself if possible. I mean, I got most of the work done this weekend. And I think I kind of understood it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102010 on: February 15, 2016, 10:17:30 am »

why can't anybody be attracted to me for a change. am i the only person this bs happens to?
Man.
There is a good bunch of people in this thread are sad because of love shenanigans, it's pretty normal problem.
You could PM some random internet person

Like me, I'm a really shitty conversational partner but I don't mind talking about whatevs
I mean in person. I only really want to talk with her, but by talking with others I can stop myself from doing anything stupid like talking with her.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102011 on: February 15, 2016, 12:18:52 pm »

Learned of a grant that would come in handy on Friday afternoon. Deadline is today. Need to get clarification on the requirements, so I planned to call today (as they were closed over the weekend). Their posted phone number is incorrect. Have to rely on a speedy email reply instead. Blagh.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #102012 on: February 15, 2016, 12:42:11 pm »

I am way too invested in my friends relationships with each other.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102013 on: February 15, 2016, 01:08:33 pm »

I'm 23 years old and I still don't know how to play my namesake.
Or any other instrument, for that matter. Unless you count three measly chords on the ukulele and a few scraps of guitar. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102014 on: February 15, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »

I'm 23 years old and I still don't know how to play my namesake.
Or any other instrument, for that matter. Unless you count three measly chords on the ukulele and a few scraps of guitar. :(
*sad violin song...*
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6799 6800 [6801] 6802 6803 ... 8167