Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6790 6791 [6792] 6793 6794 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429736 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101865 on: February 11, 2016, 03:47:44 pm »

Ooooh. Finally managed to find some relief, by sitting backwards on my rickety old office chair and leaning my chest against the back.
This makes waiting for the pharmacy to open at 8:30 seem a lot more doable. Not exactly comfortable, but oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101866 on: February 11, 2016, 05:34:34 pm »

God, that sucks.
It sure does. :-\
For a while I'd been mostly free of asthma, hadn't had any major attacks in ages. Now I'll have to shell out for a new inhaler.
Well, inhaler acquired. Asthma is dealt with.
Unfortunately, however, to pay for it I had to use some of the currency I was saving in order to pay entry to a gig tomorrow night.
Since my plans for tomorrow were already wrecked, I figured I might as well buy some iced coffee and margherita pizza rolls whilst I was out.

Time to comfort eat, I guess. Or sleep. Or possibly both at once.

Edit: Funny (not really funny) how my previous Sad directly led to my next one.
Perhaps it was in fact my divine guardian(s?), preventing me from attending the ritual of tomorrow night, thus sparing me from whatever terrible fate awaited my unwitting, hapless self there.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:37:07 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101867 on: February 11, 2016, 05:52:35 pm »

If it helps, I guess?

I wish you luck with suddenly having a financial windfall.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #101868 on: February 11, 2016, 06:13:15 pm »

Get well lungs soon
Thanks... but if my traitorous lungs don't get their shit together and start doing their jobs soon, I might just take up smoking to punish them
Speaking of traitorous lungs...

My mom caught pneumonia. And better yet, she was holed up in my giant, 20-square-meter mansion with me and my six-year-old sister while she did so. Equal parts this and terrified.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101869 on: February 11, 2016, 06:42:23 pm »

I still feel like shit about myself and my inability to do anything. I have school again next week and, tbh, I'm not optimistic about anything changing. I could literally post the same thing in this thread every day, because I feel like shit about being asocial and terrible with girls all the time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #101870 on: February 11, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »

I've fairly bunged up my academic schedule, dropping the ball on a needed email, and now I'm going to go on academic probation for a bit at the end of the quarter, requiring me to double up on English classes next time. And it's hard enough to find just one that I haven't already taken but also qualify for.

I still feel like shit about myself and my inability to do anything. I have school again next week and, tbh, I'm not optimistic about anything changing. I could literally post the same thing in this thread every day, because I feel like shit about being asocial and terrible with girls all the time.
Group therapy, man. It doesn't mean you're crazy. Just go see your counselor and see what you can get signed up for.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101871 on: February 11, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »

Wow. That is another extremely shitty thing to pile onto a large amount of extremely shitty things to think about. ;n;
And, I don't mean to be that guy or to start an argument, but I think the correct term is "trans woman", not transwoman.
Black lives matter.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101872 on: February 11, 2016, 07:43:17 pm »

I think the correct term is "trans woman", not transwoman.
If that's the case I'd be forced to slap someone for being overly concerned about spaces in a compound word
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101873 on: February 11, 2016, 07:44:24 pm »

@Caroline:...

*applies (platonic) hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #101874 on: February 11, 2016, 08:16:51 pm »

I want to write or make any form of contact with her but holy shit that is a bad idea. I desperately need something else to focus on or maybe losing all forms of contact.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101875 on: February 11, 2016, 08:17:33 pm »

If that's the case I'd be forced to slap someone for being overly concerned about spaces in a compound word
[unnecessary response]They have different connotations. Trans itself is an acceptable adjective.[/unnecessary response] [/possibly inflammatory message]
Black lives matter.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101876 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:17 pm »

I want to write or make any form of contact with her but holy shit that is a bad idea. I desperately need something else to focus on or maybe losing all forms of contact.

[possibly-useless]I feel that you need a hobby or something. Go see if there's a robotics program in your area or something, they usually need more people and are friendly.[/possibly-useless]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101877 on: February 11, 2016, 08:21:59 pm »

I desperately need something else to focus on or maybe losing all forms of contact.
Love gone bad is like gangrene: You need to cut into healthy flesh to make sure you get rid of all the bad bits. Better to have a short sleeve amputation and live than to keep your elbow and die a short while later.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101878 on: February 11, 2016, 08:29:58 pm »

They have different connotations.
Wait, do they? It describes a woman who is trans. That seems kinda straight(hah) forward.

Love gone bad is like gangrene: You need to cut into healthy flesh to make sure you get rid of all the bad bits. Better to have a short sleeve amputation and live than to keep your elbow and die a short while later.
I prefer using maggots, myself. They eat the rotten goop but leave the healthy flesh behind to heal.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101879 on: February 11, 2016, 08:30:57 pm »

It's complicated, but the simplest answer is you're generally advised to make it two words.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 6790 6791 [6792] 6793 6794 ... 8167