Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6774 6775 [6776] 6777 6778 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430376 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101625 on: February 06, 2016, 05:53:07 pm »

Still haven't gotten around to seeing a doctor about my injured toe, which still hasn't got its shit together.
It is likely to impede my fun-having later today. :(

Edit: Also I already have the last two posts in the Drunk Thread, and as such have no appropriate place to gush excitedly about my forthcoming "shower beers" experiment. I rushed back to my computer all excitedly when it occurred to me, too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:07:19 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101626 on: February 06, 2016, 06:14:09 pm »

Just edit it in to the last one, the forums should still say that there's something new.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101627 on: February 06, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »

But SHOWER BEERS warrant a new post of their own, surely!
At least, according to what I've heard. Which is that they are amazing. I shall learn the truth soon enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101628 on: February 06, 2016, 06:26:35 pm »

It would be nice if somebody was attracted to me for once. I doubt that'll ever happen, though. I'm just an unattractive, asocial nerd. I don't even have any female friends,and I'm so bad at being a normal, functioning human being that I can't even see any chances to make something as simple as that happen.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #101629 on: February 06, 2016, 08:09:16 pm »

It would be nice if somebody was attracted to me for once. I doubt that'll ever happen, though. I'm just an unattractive, asocial nerd. I don't even have any female friends,and I'm so bad at being a normal, functioning human being that I can't even see any chances to make something as simple as that happen.
You'll get there bro, don't worry. I don't gauge your value as a human by how many friends you've amassed on Facebook or whatever, or whether you have a romantic partner or not. I've formed my opinion of you based on what you've been writing on this forum and/or in the IRC, and have come to the conclusion that you're a pretty cool guy, if a little bit heavy on the worries (this coming from me, haha good one Shook). Basically, i've had access to your personality, and without that, there's VERY LITTLE to go by.

It's pretty much the exact same thing in meatspace (except that you have a physical presence out there); if you don't talk to people, they won't ever get to know the cool guy behind the socially awkward curtains. In case of meeting up with a whole new bunch of people, everyone is a bit more willing to call out to the curtains and see if something peeps out, but in general, you have to step out on your own, and fuck me that shit can be scary. You may have to clench your buttcheeks hard enough to fracture spacetime, but as a fellow unattractive asocial nerd (honestly you're not really unattractive from what i can tell), i can confirm that IT IS WORTH THE EFFORT.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #101630 on: February 06, 2016, 08:20:28 pm »

We're all on lost position anyway since we (I guess) don't have boobs, so it's up to us to make first steps always because that's apparently how world works. But yeah, once you get past the initial problems it's damn great to have friends and girls... losing, not so much.

Also, honestly, considering "friendzone" and how women-men relations work in mainstream these days, you should be grateful you don't have female friends.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101631 on: February 06, 2016, 08:32:04 pm »

I feel like this is the part where I'm supposed to chime in with helpful advice, but really I have very little to give.
I was also cripplingly shy when I was your age, Miauw (assuming the age on your profile is correct), and I was far less attractive than you are. Honestly I wouldn't call you unattractive at all, nor Shook. I'm still pretty shy, honestly, I guess I've just gotten better at dealing with it most some of the time.

Also, honestly, considering "friendzone" and how women-men relations work in mainstream these days, you should be grateful you don't have female friends.
I feel like someone might quite possibly get mad at you for this.
Besides, I have/have had a few female friends and they're pretty cool. As cool as my dude friends, probably.  Although I guess it's probably pure luck that I haven't developed crushes on any of them... thanks, brain, actually not screwing me over for once. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101632 on: February 06, 2016, 08:38:38 pm »

I, uh, what? This point of view makes no sense to me. Men and women being friends is... normal, as far as I can tell.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101633 on: February 06, 2016, 08:43:29 pm »

I, uh, what? This point of view makes no sense to me. Men and women being friends is... normal, as far as I can tell.
Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101634 on: February 06, 2016, 08:44:20 pm »

Yeah.

Yeah, I'm not really mad, just confused. I honestly probably have more female friends than male at this point, and I don't really see any negatives there. Maybe if I was a dudebro I would be upset I wasn't screwing them, I guess.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101635 on: February 06, 2016, 08:47:28 pm »

I think the one issue people usually find with such friendships is that one party develops a crush on the other, leading to awkwardness and heartache.
As long as that doesn't happen, though, you're golden.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101636 on: February 06, 2016, 08:53:22 pm »

It all works out in the end, though. I mean, it only recently clicked with me that I've been fruitlessly spinning my metaphorical wheels for over a year because I was afraid of going forward. This alleviates some of the ... muddled feelings I've been getting in the last few months. Still hurts, because even despite all my romantical bullshit I've been bottling up I also haven't been able to hang out with my only friend for ... fuck, nearly a month and a half. And I don't have a social life outside of my interactions with her, which isn't a good thing. This concealment business has benefited no one.

It's ... okay this post is basically just a big bundle of rambling. I'll try to make my point - focusing too much of your energies on getting involved with romantical bullshit doesn't lead to results. Try instead to find ... fulfillment? Basically pursue whatever interests you have and try not to worry too much about romantical bullshit or your lack thereof because it tends to happen when you're happy from engaging in pursuits that you enjoy. Stressing about it's counterproductive but hard to not do.

All that said, fuck Valentine's Day. Not because of all the subliminal loneliness and all that that the near-omnipresent advertising inspires, that's easy to deal with. I'm more irritated with it because I've realized I'll have to delay my confession for probably next month or so given how infrequent my opportunities to hang out with her have been. That's not something to say anywhere but in person, work where I see her most often (good god that's an awful realization to have) doesn't deserve those words uttered there, and she's so busy with school I likely won't be able to meet up with her for a get-together until a month from now at best.

Now I probably could tell her when we meet up for coffee or whatever this week, but here my annoyance with Valentine's Day comes in - the romantic connotations that day has would just make the already going-to-be awkward process even worse and depending on how much its subconsciously on her mind may result in a worse outcome for me.

Of course this is just a way for my scared ass to weasel out of confronting my issues for a little while longer, but it carries a relatively valid point with it as well.

Damn holiday. Romantical shit's primarily in the small gestures from what I understand anyway, so it's counterproductive for its assumed purpose.

Annoyances and delays.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101637 on: February 06, 2016, 08:54:15 pm »

B-b-but Valentine's Day is Free Tacos Day! :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101638 on: February 06, 2016, 09:00:58 pm »

I don't get free anything on Valentine's Day. Matter of fact near everything increases a price hike just for that day - chocolates and ice cream go on massive sales the day after to capitalize on all the heartbreak the thing intentionally inspires.

It's a stupid holiday for many reasons. The fact that it's indirectly interfering with my life plans is only the most recent one.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101639 on: February 06, 2016, 09:03:30 pm »

You should come visit me, I'll buy you a (free) taco or two.
(But yeah it is generally a pretty annoying holiday, I can't disagree there. I was actually meant to be born on that day, that'd be weird, but kinda cool.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 6774 6775 [6776] 6777 6778 ... 8167