Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6746 6747 [6748] 6749 6750 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431855 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101205 on: January 25, 2016, 04:46:02 pm »

I have accomplished almost nothing of value all day.

Most workdays are like that.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101206 on: January 25, 2016, 05:01:18 pm »

I have accomplished almost nothing of value all day.
Most days are like that.
FTFY
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101207 on: January 25, 2016, 05:04:46 pm »

My mom's in the hospital. I talked to her over the phone and asked if she wanted me to be there with her. She doesn't want anyone to be there.

Her ex is talking shit about me for not being there even though no-one told me that that is where she was.

My nan is also mad that I'm not there. Saying that I don't love my mom and that I'm tearing apart the family and all this other shit.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101208 on: January 25, 2016, 06:30:25 pm »

Spessh: sorry
Nah, I think I overreacted a bit. Sorry m8. The way you were writing your earlier posts sounded like you were just venting without expecting any responses, then you made a post complaining on how no one was responding, and I just kinda thought you were begging for attention or something and got annoyed, which on top of how tired I was made me...eh, grumpy.

Still stand by my earlier advice on managing your time better. It's advice I try to adhere to, but even I don't follow it sometimes. Most of the time. I'm trying to fix that.

Good luck with your problems, hope you're doing better. Hope I didn't piss you off or drive you off a cliff or anything with my earlier grumpiness.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101209 on: January 25, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »

My mom's in the hospital. I talked to her over the phone and asked if she wanted me to be there with her. She doesn't want anyone to be there.

Her ex is talking shit about me for not being there even though no-one told me that that is where she was.

My nan is also mad that I'm not there. Saying that I don't love my mom and that I'm tearing apart the family and all this other shit.

Yay Catch-22, so much fun to be in those situations.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101210 on: January 25, 2016, 09:19:04 pm »

Yay Catch-22, so much fun to be in those situations.
Can't deal with them by explaining, from personal experience you're either called a liar, ignored completely, or told to shut the hell/fuck up.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101211 on: January 25, 2016, 09:45:30 pm »

Minor sad, my laptop hard-drive is dying. It should be just enough juice to boot up one more time and make recovery discs so I can put a new hard drive in. Luckily I have the means to replace it, and my university has a nice 24/7 center with computers open, but geez why are these things all designed to fall apart.

Also, the love of m cute boy who I had a crush on a while ago but never asked out is dating someone else. Oh well, good for him. I really need to work on the whole flirting thing though. I always suspect people of flirting with me but never enough to act on that. Social cues are so difficult. I blame the homeschooling.

-----

And as others in the thread have said, if you have something you want to talk about or share that you don't feel comfortable posting in the thread, absolutely feel free to PM me. I like people, and it's absolutely no inconvenience, and I have a lot of experience with confidentiality and stuff. Not having anyone to vent to is not a fun thing, and I'm always around.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101212 on: January 25, 2016, 09:58:37 pm »

A VICE video was linked in the WTF thread, raising awareness of "wife" abduction in Kyrgyzstan.  I'm ashamed that I don't know if I can watch the whole thing.

Reminds me that I wasn't even able to watch the entirety of their videos on homophobia - sexuality-justified violence really - in Russia.  Though I did manage to finish their expose on American "pray out the gay" camps, which chilled me to the bone.

I feel like I should be doing *something*, but I don't know what.

Minor sad, my laptop hard-drive is dying. It should be just enough juice to boot up one more time and make recovery discs so I can put a new hard drive in. Luckily I have the means to replace it, and my university has a nice 24/7 center with computers open, but geez why are these things all designed to fall apart.
Seriously...  All modern laptop tech seems rife with planned obsolescence.
Also, sorry about the cute jerk that doesn't deserve you.  Good luck.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101213 on: January 25, 2016, 10:01:29 pm »

A VICE video was linked in the WTF thread, raising awareness of "wife" abduction in Kyrgyzstan.  I'm ashamed that I don't know if I can watch the whole thing.

Reminds me that I wasn't even able to watch the entirety of their videos on homophobia - sexuality-justified violence really - in Russia.  Though I did manage to finish their expose on American "pray out the gay" camps, which chilled me to the bone.

I feel like I should be doing *something*, but I don't know what.

It feels so devastating to see so much evil in the world and realize it's so far away or so awful that you can't intervene.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101214 on: January 25, 2016, 10:35:00 pm »

Calculus and physics are hard. I thought I was good at math. Some of this calculus stuff I just went over last semester, a 1 month break is no excuse to be back to not understanding this shit. I think I'm actually stupid. This is making me rethink my choice of major. Which makes me rethink my reasons to live and plans and objectives for the future.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101215 on: January 25, 2016, 10:54:10 pm »

Calculus and physics are hard.
Yes, it is.

Honestly, the fact that you can do it at all puts you a step above most people. Having trouble doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you're not literally Leibniz.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101216 on: January 25, 2016, 10:55:29 pm »

Store bought overly processed milk tastes terrible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101217 on: January 25, 2016, 11:04:08 pm »

Calculus and physics are hard.
Yes, it is.

Honestly, the fact that you can do it at all puts you a step above most people. Having trouble doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you're not literally Leibniz.
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #101218 on: January 25, 2016, 11:26:18 pm »

nvm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:37:54 pm by Worldmaster27 »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101219 on: January 26, 2016, 01:40:44 am »

Quote from: Rolan7 

[quote author=quinnr link=topic=43236.msg6764696#msg6764696 date=1453776330
Seriously...  All modern laptop tech seems rife with planned obsolescence.
Also, sorry about the cute jerk that doesn't deserve you.  Good luck.
[/quote]

Oh no, he's legitimately a nice person that I do wish the best for, I'm just kicking myself for not saying anything when I could have.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 6746 6747 [6748] 6749 6750 ... 8167