Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6744 6745 [6746] 6747 6748 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432125 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101175 on: January 24, 2016, 07:12:35 pm »

How does it benefit no-one? Last time I checked a lot of people on here were friends and kept in touch via the board.
Unless you're trying to call political arguments a 'benefit'? Because from where I'm sitting it seems that those just detract from the good points of the board as a whole.
Remember when Russia was liberating™ oppressed™ minorities™ in Ukraine? The news about that was next-to-worthless, barely heard anything worth hearing from the newspapers. Heard more balanced and probably more detailed stuff on here than anywhere else.
So... do you agree with my suggestion a page ago, then?
Because it would basically mean still having a good news source, just without the arguments.

In new Sads: friend just invited me along for a long drive out of town today, but just a while earlier I made an appointment for this afternoon.
Dang. Going for a drive would certainly beat putting up with the dumb jerks at my job agency. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101176 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:38 pm »

How does it benefit no-one? Last time I checked a lot of people on here were friends and kept in touch via the board.
Unless you're trying to call political arguments a 'benefit'? Because from where I'm sitting it seems that those just detract from the good points of the board as a whole.
Remember when Russia was liberating™ oppressed™ minorities™ in Ukraine? The news about that was next-to-worthless, barely heard anything worth hearing from the newspapers. Heard more balanced and probably more detailed stuff on here than anywhere else.
So... do you agree with my suggestion a page ago, then?
Because it would basically mean still having a good news source, just without the arguments.
If it wasn't open, we'd be stuck with whatever the OP wants to say. Same example, imagine what would have happened if some violent genocide-supporter like UR had made the thread, we'd be hearing all day about these so-called "shellings" and "military convoys". Crazy stuff.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101177 on: January 24, 2016, 07:23:47 pm »

I've just been dealt a bad hand in life, playing a game where i'm doomed to lose everything, aren't I? I don't know what kind of game it is, but the cards are marked, the dice are loaded, the drinks are spiked, the food is poisoned, the chair i'm sitting in is shaking, and if I do win somehow, everyone on the table is packing guns and knives. But there are people going through worse, far worse, so what gives me the right to seek help when there are people out there who need it more than me?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101178 on: January 24, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »

But there are people going through worse, far worse, so what gives me the right to seek help when there are people out there who need it more than me?
Help isn't a zero-sum game; you getting help doesn't mean someone else has to miss out. You have every right to ask for something you need.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101179 on: January 24, 2016, 07:31:29 pm »

But there are people going through worse, far worse, so what gives me the right to seek help when there are people out there who need it more than me?
Help isn't a zero-sum game; you getting help doesn't mean someone else has to miss out. You have every right to ask for something you need.
Who says that I have the right to ask? And I don't know what I need. I'm not wasting time that isn't even my own trying out different solutions like whatever antidepressants I've tried and discarded month after month, and I don't have the time or the space to stop and really consider what I need.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101180 on: January 24, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »

I think we all just said you do.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101181 on: January 24, 2016, 07:38:41 pm »

So I do have the right to ask for help, but I don't even know what I need. It's going to be a waste having anyone collaborate to figure out what's wrong and what to do, and there are a grand total of two people on the forum I trust with my story. Even knowing my story, what can anyone do to help?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101182 on: January 24, 2016, 08:09:44 pm »

Why does nobody respond to my posts, ever

I've been looking for help all weekend, and nobody cares

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What am I, chopped liver. You said "and nobody wants to [expletive] listen" so I thought you were basically not asking for someone to vent to or you just didn't want to vent. I responded to your earlier post to at least express sympathy and show that I know that feeling in what I hoped was a witty and at least mildly entertaining way. I'm sorry, I guess I worded it too shitpostingly.

You want help? Here's some advice. It's my only way to try to help because I'm only a voice on the internet. Your problem -based on the earlier post I had responded to- seems to be wasting time playing shit games and looking at shit on the internet. Whenever you think to yourself "I should be doing other things than this" get up and do them immediately instead of procrastinating. It's advice I do often because I too play a bunch of shit video games and stare at shit on a computer screen. If you're looking for help and can't find the help you want, help yourself.

I am in a lousy mood already (having spent hours working on physics and calculus homework which is slowly convincing me I'm actually retarded) so this post may sound inflammatory, and I can't help that. The way you just ignored a clear response (mine) to your earlier post and come on here later to whine about no one responding to your posts hit a nerve. Don't want to start an argument.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101183 on: January 24, 2016, 08:17:47 pm »

So I do have the right to ask for help, but I don't even know what I need. It's going to be a waste having anyone collaborate to figure out what's wrong and what to do, and there are a grand total of two people on the forum I trust with my story. Even knowing my story, what can anyone do to help?
I fucking believe in you BHK, go to sleep and get HYPED for your life

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101184 on: January 24, 2016, 08:20:57 pm »

It's heartwarming, but I believe in a lot of things and people, and they don't change, and wouldn't if I didn't.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101185 on: January 24, 2016, 08:21:33 pm »

I don't even know what I need
You could chat to a professional. Probably more qualified than us (barring perhaps Tiruin, who studies psychology and such).

Also this
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101186 on: January 24, 2016, 08:27:02 pm »

I don't even know what I need
You could chat to a professional. Probably more qualified than us (barring perhaps Tiruin, who studies psychology and such).

Also this
My current therapist is more interested in other things than what I have to say, and I only get about a half hour, give or take a few minutes, to speak with them.

It's a lot of excuses, isn't it? It's odd, maybe I only have myself to blame for my problems.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101187 on: January 24, 2016, 09:18:56 pm »

Sounds like you have a pretty bad therapist.

For what it's worth, I don't respond to a lot of sads and the like because I don't have anything to contribute.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101188 on: January 24, 2016, 11:46:00 pm »

Yeah, if your therapist is focused on anything other than you during your sessions, you need to find a new therapist. And maybe leave a scathing review somewhere about your current one.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101189 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:58 am »

Agreed.
If your therapist is not focused on you, they are not doing their job.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6744 6745 [6746] 6747 6748 ... 8167