Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6730 6731 [6732] 6733 6734 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436663 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100965 on: January 19, 2016, 08:33:41 pm »

As a biologically male individual, I have trouble stopping myself from getting really pissed off if somebody ribbed on me. I think the boisterousness is just a social thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100966 on: January 19, 2016, 08:36:11 pm »

I dunno, I think I've definitely fallen afoul of this. It seems like girls (and guys I guess but I wouldn't know anything about that) expect people who're romantically interested to behave a certain way, and if you don't send those signals within a certain window that's pretty much it. I'm still fairly good friends with people I've done this with, but even if they did to start (which I highly doubt) they certainly don't see me that way anymore.
Potential romantic partners would expect ME to send signals? Dear god, i'm more oblivious to romantic signals than a typical shonen protagonist, so if your radio suddenly picks up a seemingly extraterrestrial transmission, then it's probably me tuning on to DURR FM in an attempt to transmit to a nearby attractive female human. This does not bode well for future Shooklings. :I

Also regarding talking to dem gurlz, i've generally found it easier to not think too much about the gender of who i'm talking to, so basically what Koss said. Talking to them like you would to an equal person (respectfully, of course) is always a good start, and from there, you can figure out exactly what kind of person you're talking to and so on.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100967 on: January 19, 2016, 09:05:55 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sponsor-anti-gay-marriage-bill-undaunted-85b-cost-36384488

$8.5 Billion is a pretty big hole in any budget, state or otherwise. I have to ask what the hell this guy is thinking. Hating gays that much is just ... wow.

Picture 1,000 stacks of money worth a million dollars. That's a billion dollars. Now picture 8,500 stacks of money worth a million dollars. That's what this guy is talking about giving up to hate on gays. Wow.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100968 on: January 19, 2016, 09:12:53 pm »

That's like the entire GDP of Haiti
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100969 on: January 19, 2016, 09:39:12 pm »

different brain structure/activity
not actually a thing, last I heard, according to recent research
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100970 on: January 19, 2016, 09:46:36 pm »

different brain structure/activity
not actually a thing, last I heard, according to recent research

Who's saying this? The vast majority of current thought, to my knowledge, points to small but significant differences. Much of that is related to hormone expression but notable differences in brain physiology exist as well.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100971 on: January 19, 2016, 09:48:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100972 on: January 19, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »

@ Truean:

I have to wonder how any amount of state legislation could possibly allow a state to ignore a federal Supreme Court ruling. Theoretically speaking, at best this will just cost the state of Tennessee a ridiculous amount of money as they try to fight it out before ultimately being told to stfu.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:41:43 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100973 on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:53 pm »

@BlackHeartKabal:
*applies hugs*
You are not a burden.

Can someone dig up the hugs thread?  This guy needs some.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100974 on: January 19, 2016, 10:35:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have the same thoughts occasionally. Self doubt and wondering if everything will turn out fine or if I'm doing the right, "best" thing, etc.

I try not to think about it too hard or too long and keep trucking. Not the best solution, or really a solution at all, but that's all I can say I do about it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100975 on: January 19, 2016, 10:41:14 pm »

-snip-
Uh, hooker goddess, the Truean thing. But other than that, I agree - that money could be spent much better than by just stuffing the pockets of some fancy lawyers.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100976 on: January 19, 2016, 10:42:04 pm »

Awwww shit, I forgot about that D:
fixed, hopefully
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #100977 on: January 20, 2016, 01:15:34 am »

@BHK

Listening to that stuff is your therapist's job. And from my experience, they want to know that stuff. I understand the urge to bottle it up. I've been there - heck, there some moderately embarrassing posts of mine in this thread about literally the exact same thing. You know what had an immediate positive effect? Getting a therapist and venting at him. It's a safe space.

If you're not comfortable venting to your current therapist, find a new one. My therapist works a half-hour drive from where I live - I don't have to worry about running into him elsewhere. It helps a ton.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100978 on: January 20, 2016, 02:27:28 am »

Urrrgghh. My room is more of a mess than usual, because I had to frantically search for my ventolin inhaler last night.
It's getting me down and I'm currently feeling too sick to neaten it up at all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100979 on: January 20, 2016, 02:47:01 am »

do you ever have the chance to talk to people? talk to them as though they were boys, whose interests you do not know

girls are not particularly special
Basically this. They're still humans after all, they just have like 4 or 5ish different parts.
Yes, but I get basically no chances to talk to them

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6730 6731 [6732] 6733 6734 ... 8167