Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6725 6726 [6727] 6728 6729 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443647 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100890 on: January 16, 2016, 04:17:53 pm »

...you guys were clearly doing something bad, considering that you're totally bringing it here. Now get out of sad thread because this doesn't seem sad, just salty, and I really want to keep this place going so I can bitch about my love problems and have people actually notice. :V
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100891 on: January 16, 2016, 04:44:00 pm »

Should be one of the options in Power.
I've changed power settings, display settings, driver settings, but that SPAWN OF HELL keeps coming back to torment me

it's like a gypsy curse or some crap

What if you krazy glued something opaque to the brightness sensor?

EDIT:
Or maybe it might be possible to uninstall the sensor's driver?

The auto-brightness on my Toshiba isn't actually tied to any sensor that I can tell.  It seems to be based on the overall whiteness of the screen, modulating the brightness down to compensate.  I think...  It doesn't trigger often, at least noticeably, maybe because I tend to use the lowest brightness.  Because I am a morlock.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100892 on: January 16, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »

YAY! Me and my friend made up!

WHEEE!!!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100893 on: January 16, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »

...and that is sad because...?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100894 on: January 16, 2016, 05:21:59 pm »

I don't even know, everything's weird today.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100895 on: January 16, 2016, 05:26:55 pm »

...and that is sad because...?
I think he just posted it here because he was talking about the difficulties with his friend a page or so ago.

Anyway, I'm sad because my mind just dredged up a long-lost, super embarrassing memory from my childhood and now it's tormenting me.
Well, probably not really long-lost since my brain does this a lot. ::)
Edit: Also I'm still feeling a bit sick this morning, and I have things to do today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100896 on: January 16, 2016, 06:37:47 pm »

YAY! Me and my friend made up!

WHEEE!!!
Oh man, I'm so glad :D
I told you, huh?  Well...  I'm just glad I was right.
Keep in mind, they're lucky to be your friend.  Glad you're back together, but stand up for yourself too huh?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100897 on: January 16, 2016, 06:51:44 pm »

Oh my god I don't want to go to work today. It's the very same job I quit a few months ago. Yet another harsh lesson of adulthood down, you truly cannot quit your job to follow your dream.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100898 on: January 16, 2016, 10:03:57 pm »

What if you krazy glued something opaque to the brightness sensor?

EDIT:
Or maybe it might be possible to uninstall the sensor's driver?
The sensor is disabled. But brightness keeps going up and down, even when the stuff on the screen isn't changing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100899 on: January 16, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »

@Stupid Brightness Adjuster Problem:I have no clue.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100900 on: January 16, 2016, 11:04:21 pm »

Related sad: A friend PM'd me and inquired if he should stop PMing me in the future because of my wording--I specifically recall that we've been over this before and I offered a ton of advice to how to go around with communication. It's a sad on my part because it leaves me with the impression that nothing I said makes sense and... :-\

This, when combined with my low self-esteem, sets me in a hole for days.
You do have a pretty distinct way of writing, but still, I can understand you pretty well. I think most folks can, too. I think sometimes it's less a case of being understood, and more a case of being heard, as when people have a very hard-baked preconception about the conversation, they might not even be seeing your actual words as much.
Tiruin! You're actually pretty good at wording and stuff, in my own experience with you at the very least. I hope it all works out \o/
Also, tiruin good speaker of good words. Might be difficult to understand sometimes, but its still possible that your friend just tends to interpret things in the worst light.
Thanks dudes. Your words help me a lot. (as well as the PMs I got; didn't expect a lot of words from many people there!) c: Thanks for balancing my insight around his words.
...It was more the words he used, that affects me, rather than the meaning I saw in between them (since I know his real intent, but how he conveyed it was... :-\)

Thing made me a tad sad, considering the implications of educational shows these days. We discussed this in EduPsych before...
The Dora Effect [Name as taken from the educational theme of the Dora the Explorer show].
While no literary stuff exist online--it's of significant note as it affects learning development via mainly leaving the person with a concrete thinking mindset, (ie Of A, B, and C!) without exploring the abstracted parts [ie Lacks the 'why' aspect of education, as well as the value of Critical Thinking]. It's a sad bit to me because it came as a collective term of what I've been observing in the few # of people I've met over the years.

Glad to see these things are being readily addressed though.

I'm very glad I grew up in the Sesame Street generation! \o/

Srsly loved the Count. He helped me in Math a lot. Dohohohohohoho.

Someone locked another thread for no reason

which one?

The one about if you could amend the US constitution in any way you wanted. Apparently the op wanted people to just post amendments they'd like to see without discussing them at all.

Orrrrrr... Maybe it was because you guys spent 1/3 of the thread arguing it back and fourth in a manner that would clearly never be resolved?
Bohandas, it'd be nice if you check the possible reasons to it, including personal influence if you played a role. There's always a reason for these things. And it's connected to the attitudes of the people who led to that. :-\

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100901 on: January 16, 2016, 11:09:55 pm »

@Tiruin:You make sense.
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #100902 on: January 17, 2016, 12:59:35 am »

My bed and blankets are completely soaked from a water bottle the dog chewed up on them ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100903 on: January 17, 2016, 02:13:13 am »

I would disagree with that! I think Shook12 is a very good example. He has some degree in geology, and is going to some video game school.
I disagree too (and agree with this dude)--there are a LOT of factors which come into following your dreams, and your job in adultworld. You just shouldn't give up.

@Tiruin:You make sense.
Thanks TBF c:

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100904 on: January 17, 2016, 02:11:04 pm »

ugh idk how to write this post without sounding dumb, but i just feel shitty in general about not having a gf i guess? its pretty hard to be optimistic right now and nothing is really happening

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6725 6726 [6727] 6728 6729 ... 8167