Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6716 6717 [6718] 6719 6720 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429854 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100755 on: January 13, 2016, 09:45:51 pm »

Soo... three years ago, my brother got sick with a brain tumor. He was 18, and it was a pedeatric cancer tumor; his recovery was slow, but he made it through. He's been very healthy these past months, walking under his own power, speaking without the stutter he had before, helping shop. He was very tired, he was taking (prescribed) pills daily, and he used his illness as an excuse to not do any chores, but he was relatively healthy.
Tonight I'm worried out of my wits. All of a sudden it's like the night when he was rushed to Edmonton for an emergency operation because they had confirmed it was a tumor; he was unable to talk, only able to get out shuddering gasps and sobs between throwing up and drooling. Before he lost his talking, he complained loudly that he needed to go to the hospital, his face was numb, and I didn't catch the rest of it because it was unintelligible garble through the sobs. He's unable to walk on his own, so the emergency response people carried him to an ambulance on a stretcher; he kept trying to lie down before we got him situated into a wheelchair while calling 911, and I'm afraid he's going to suffocate on his own drool if they don't keep an eye on him. I don't know if they took him south to Red Deer, further to Calgary, or north to Edmonton; both my parents have left the house, canceling all their previous arrangements to look after him, my mom going with him on the ambulance, my dad going later to bring some essential supplies for my mom, and I've arranged with my boss for a ride to work tomorrow (I can't drive yet, at 23/24 yrs old).

I feel positively sick to my stomach with worry for him, and hope he makes it through; they didn't expect him to live 3 years ago, I really need prayers for him and for me so that we make it through this. At least, well wishes and a passing thought, if you don't do prayers. Ugh, I'm beside myself, I can't even think straight right now. I probably won't sleep well tonight, though I rarely sleep well. I hope, I really do, that he's better by morning, but if he's not I hope recovery is still swift. Best case scenario, it's food poisoning, and I reeeaaaaally don't want to think abut the worst case scenario.

Edit: He's being airlifted by STARS to Edmonton. He's had a brain bleed, and we're all very scared and sad. No clue what caused it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:00:37 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100756 on: January 13, 2016, 10:02:51 pm »

Cancer sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100757 on: January 13, 2016, 10:55:43 pm »

I'll refrain from posting my problems, they're irrelevant compared to what others are going through.

I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread. I'll keep your brother in my thoughts, and good luck to the both of you. I hope he pulls through.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100758 on: January 13, 2016, 11:11:24 pm »

I'll refrain from posting my problems, they're irrelevant compared to what others are going through.

I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread. I'll keep your brother in my thoughts, and good luck to the both of you. I hope he pulls through.
That gave me an idea to make a mild sad thread for those who feel their problems aren't as serious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100759 on: January 13, 2016, 11:18:30 pm »

Brilliant.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100760 on: January 13, 2016, 11:19:04 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100761 on: January 13, 2016, 11:20:15 pm »

Not really, now we have a place to be sad/disappointed about small but ultimately inconsequential things
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100762 on: January 13, 2016, 11:21:49 pm »

You can't be disappointed there, there's already a thread for that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100763 on: January 13, 2016, 11:23:26 pm »

You can't be disappointed there, there's already a thread for that.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100764 on: January 13, 2016, 11:28:36 pm »

Someone start checking.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100765 on: January 13, 2016, 11:29:34 pm »

I could make a "Things that made you feel submissive today thread" ;3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100766 on: January 13, 2016, 11:30:34 pm »

But that's not on the list.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100767 on: January 13, 2016, 11:32:22 pm »

It's a subemotion of Scared.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100768 on: January 13, 2016, 11:35:33 pm »

Sube motion

sounds dirty

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100769 on: January 13, 2016, 11:50:25 pm »

It's a subemotion of Scared.
Well then.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6716 6717 [6718] 6719 6720 ... 8167