Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6706 6707 [6708] 6709 6710 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9535868 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100605 on: January 10, 2016, 01:18:04 am »

Ugly skin wartlike-thing in my armpit. I *think* it's mostly a couple of irritated acrochordons.

The problem will be in scheudling an appointment to have it looked at/looped off, considering that I'm leaving the country for the next three months in less than a week.

I hope I can talk a friend into doing a rush-job with it. :/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:29:13 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100606 on: January 10, 2016, 01:21:35 am »

Dysmorphia over here :c
I...really don't think that's dysmorphia. Knowing how you look, you're fabulous.
Unsure who's judging you there, or what standards you're judging yourself by, but you're pretty alright.
I'm not a psychologist, but:
Quote from: Wikipedia
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), also termed body dysmorphia or dysmorphic syndrome, but originally termed dysmorphophobia, is a mental disorder characterized by an obsessive preoccupation that some aspect of one's own appearance is severely flawed and warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix it.
... that sounds about right.
Yeah but...you cannot self-diagnose due to many reasons [like, it may not really be a disorder but a more 'light' assessment]. :-\ Self-diagnosis, with lacking training, may also lead to reinforcing a misleading idea about how you think about your personal self.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:24:07 am by Tiruin »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100607 on: January 10, 2016, 01:25:16 am »

(or forever, depending on how unlucky I am)
im sorry friend :c

i can promise you at the very least it will not be forever! it sucks now, to put it lightly, but you can do it!

we wish you the best of luck, i hope whatever you do it works out! i cant and wont try to offer any advice, but know we're here for you and all that other stuff you're probably tired of hearing me say :P

also, you arent whining about it any more than any other person here w/ their problems, that's what this thread is for

Dysmorphia over here :c
ik everyone else is saying it too but you are very attractive ! and that's just counting physical, if we account for your personality you get like 300% more so because you're an awesome person :v

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100608 on: January 10, 2016, 03:34:24 am »

Yeah but...you cannot self-diagnose due to many reasons [like, it may not really be a disorder but a more 'light' assessment]. :-\ Self-diagnosis, with lacking training, may also lead to reinforcing a misleading idea about how you think about your personal self.
Yeah, I'd agree for the most part. Though I think that in this case we have enough evidence to say "this is probably the case"; not a formal diagnosis per se, just an observation. Obviously if one wanted to act on the observation, chatting to a professional should be a first step.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100609 on: January 10, 2016, 10:01:22 am »

Finished the third season of the show I've been watching.
Made me feel weirdly emotional. I've probably been watching an unhealthy amount of this show lately, the characters feel like old friends/rivals.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100610 on: January 10, 2016, 10:09:12 am »

Hey so normally I don't respond to nice words because I am terrible at handling compliments and kind words when it's not a one on one conversation, but thanks, guys.

Maybe one day I can look into the mirror and see this alleged attractiveness. Evidently me and a few people here and elsewhere aren't capable of detecting it...

Words unsaid hurt as much as words said...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:11:07 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100611 on: January 10, 2016, 10:14:25 am »

Tv is a bad thing, imo. Makes me waste so much time. Youtube is better, though only a small amount. At least the stuff on Youtube is interesting. As in, actual interesting.

Both make me waste time D: Though I haven't watched TV in, I think, a year now.
There are plenty of television programmes that are actually worth watching.
It ain't all reality TV and laughtracks, man.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100612 on: January 10, 2016, 10:17:05 am »

Hey so normally I don't respond to nice words because I am terrible at handling compliments and kind words when it's not a one on one conversation, but thanks, guys.

Maybe one day I can look into the mirror and see this alleged attractiveness. Evidently me and a few people here and elsewhere aren't capable of detecting it...

In a way, I can relate ._. That feeling and thought that comes when you see your face in the mirror--and rather than an onlooker, you have the characteristic of familiarity (and other ones added on), so even the slightest edge gives a very distinct idea...personally anyway.
Cinder is cute and that's totally what I think. ._.
That's why I don't wanna show my faic on the photo thread. :V Because my chin is apparently edgy to my eyes and I am bleurgh.

Sad: Productivity! Workload! Innernett connectionnnnn. x_x At least the first weeks of school [hello Jan 11th] will be light, so I can submit the stuffs I needed to submit a month+ ago online. All because I said I'll do it, then anxiety happened, then delays. [/non-deadline based]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100613 on: January 10, 2016, 10:18:46 am »

Personally, I just wish wearing a paper bag on one's head was socially acceptable. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100614 on: January 10, 2016, 10:25:54 am »

To be honest it's probably best to try to reduce your obsession over your appearance than to fish for compliments online. You'll probably be happier if you don't care so much about that sort of thing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100615 on: January 10, 2016, 12:52:07 pm »

I love my face. When I'm smiling I can look pretty young, and when I glare I suddenly look old. It's so expressive, and has so many muscles which've pre-determined how to show many varieties of emotion. I can currently pull off incredulity, mischief, ennui, trepidation, obstinance, the difference between joking humourlessness and "drop it" humourlessness, the "that's hilarious, but you're a bad person" look, the "you're awful, but I still want some" look, many other abstract glances, glares, smiles, frowns and eyebrow raises.
My face has so far never failed to show or hide my intentions whenever I have asked that of it. So I can't really complain if it's a bit asymmetrical, and has some bits too large or small.
The stuff I could do to fix the latter for me would unacceptably alter the former.

I make the assumption that my body could recover its previous attractiveness, with work.
But work requires payoff, and sex isn't really a motivator for me anymore. I make the joke to my friends that I've gone celibate.

Was there a sad here? I think it's just late at night and I'm bored.
Hmm, maybe don't quote me please in case I accidentally set someone off and wanna scrap this.

Compared to me and others, you actually look quite nice.
You've got like.. Five posts under your belt.
Tha'ss creepy.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:56:07 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100616 on: January 10, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »

So I am currently on Abilify and one of the side effects is Anxiety

So I am trying as HARD as I can to play Wasteland 2... Like forcing myself to sit down and play it

But I am wracked with such anxiety playing it that I can physically feel it.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100617 on: January 10, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »

I've heard Wasteland 2 is bad.

If you're having anxiety, why bother? Just get a refund.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100618 on: January 10, 2016, 01:49:13 pm »

It isn't normal to get anxiety attacks from playing games... single player games.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100619 on: January 10, 2016, 02:53:51 pm »

Armpit still hurts. Yow. :(

Personally, I just wish wearing a paper bag on one's head was socially acceptable. :-\

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6706 6707 [6708] 6709 6710 ... 8169