Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6704 6705 [6706] 6707 6708 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9535753 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100575 on: January 09, 2016, 01:34:12 am »

Very petty videogaming woes:

I've been *thoroughly* enjoying Mercenaries Saga 2 for the 3DS. For a strategy game it hits a lot of good points that make it work inspite of the dated graphics:  it has a cool and easily grok-able class system, good AI for enemies who will make smart use of skills and will heal and buff themselves, a pretty cliche but otherwise well-written story, it has a fair challenge to it... until the final boss...

Atleast, I THINK it's the final boss, because I simply can't imagine enemies getting more bullshit than this. All the fights up to this point have been reasonable tests of strategic skill that really made you think about where & how to use your characters and resources... but not this guy. The fight is set in a large, featureless, flat, empty room, and the boss takes 2 turns for your every 1, he has about 10 minions that heal him substantially, and the worst is that he has 2 moves that are just spammable instakill unavoidable teamwipe attacks, he uses them and my whole party just dies... like, what are you expecting from me game!? Do you want me to use your infinite grinding feature? That's the only thing I can think of, and FUCK YOU because that's not cool. Forced grinding is never cool, that's one of the few hard and fast rules I'll stand by when it comes to game design.

I'm so disappointed MS2, I was on the CUSP of recommending you to everyone. This one fight sours the entire game, and I expected more from you, especially since you're from the same developers as Adventure Bar Story, another small game that won me over with it's beautiful simplicity.

I'm just so disappointed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:37:48 am by JoshuaFH »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100576 on: January 09, 2016, 01:54:29 am »

That my friend lied about there being an "Introductions" or "New members" forum.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100577 on: January 09, 2016, 02:09:50 am »

Well, there isn't, but we're pretty friendly (when we're not overwhelmingly insular).

In any case, welcome to the forums. Please enjoy your stay.

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100578 on: January 09, 2016, 04:08:00 am »

Stuff happened
And well
Stuff
Hope said "stuff" wasn't too bad, whatever it was. And hopefully some good stuff is soon to follow!
I'm not... fully sure. First of all, I tried to have fun and not care... and it kind of worked, but of course he appeared and it turns out she lied to me and totally knew what was going to happen but - ugh, well, you can imagine I wasn't really happy. Some other, not really important stuff went on (not really a scene but it was tense enough to nearly kill the damn party and you could proably serve the atmosphere instead of cake), I went outside to think a bit and had some really supportive talk with people I would least expect it from... and then our... mutual friends literally dragged her outside and told us to talk or else.

Despite it wasn't in exactly good circumstances, we talked for over an hour and proably would longer if she didin't have to go (parents... I pity her if she will have to explain the whole situation to them). We didin't determine anything except that we totally won't use electronic communication because it doesn't serve us well - I overthink and end up writing stuff I wouldn't say in real life or would say differently, which, in turn, she takes it way too much... personally.  I guess we will talk one day or another in future, because this time I am pretty sure she didin't fake it, since there is only so much you can imitate. I mean, Holy God Emperor on His Golden Lavatory, we understand each other... well-ish, I guess, which is something. When we talk we take it with really big distance, joke about everything, constantly have to force ourselves back on the thread  (well, at one moment we were reflecting on human nature, soul, biochemistry and whatnot, and at another we just laughed at things... we laughed at a lot of things) and it just goes really damn well, even if at the end she became a bit irritated because I would want to talk more and she would want to not have her parents do an interrogation, but hey, I guess I got what I wanted and what other people wanted.

But on the other hand I again understood why I fell in love with her and that friendzone isin't the thing I wish for, but I guess that is my problem. Also, hey, it's not like that she is getting married, the situation is still not conclusively resolved, stuff might happen, I might "crush" on someone else, someone else might "crush" on me, literally everything can happen...

And, you guys know... well... hope dies last. I would want to say something supportive to all of you that are sad but I'm going to do... stuff. I have a bunch of people to say sorry, and proably other things, to.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #100579 on: January 09, 2016, 07:04:10 am »

That my friend lied about there being an "Introductions" or "New members" forum.
Try the happy thread
Sad thread's too sad.
Welcone anyway!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100580 on: January 09, 2016, 07:57:14 am »

Stuff happened
And well
Stuff
Hope said "stuff" wasn't too bad, whatever it was. And hopefully some good stuff is soon to follow!
I'm not... fully sure. First of all, I tried to have fun and not care... and it kind of worked, but of course he appeared and it turns out she lied to me and totally knew what was going to happen but - ugh, well, you can imagine I wasn't really happy. Some other, not really important stuff went on (not really a scene but it was tense enough to nearly kill the damn party and you could proably serve the atmosphere instead of cake), I went outside to think a bit and had some really supportive talk with people I would least expect it from... and then our... mutual friends literally dragged her outside and told us to talk or else.

Despite it wasn't in exactly good circumstances, we talked for over an hour and proably would longer if she didin't have to go (parents... I pity her if she will have to explain the whole situation to them). We didin't determine anything except that we totally won't use electronic communication because it doesn't serve us well - I overthink and end up writing stuff I wouldn't say in real life or would say differently, which, in turn, she takes it way too much... personally.  I guess we will talk one day or another in future, because this time I am pretty sure she didin't fake it, since there is only so much you can imitate. I mean, Holy God Emperor on His Golden Lavatory, we understand each other... well-ish, I guess, which is something. When we talk we take it with really big distance, joke about everything, constantly have to force ourselves back on the thread  (well, at one moment we were reflecting on human nature, soul, biochemistry and whatnot, and at another we just laughed at things... we laughed at a lot of things) and it just goes really damn well, even if at the end she became a bit irritated because I would want to talk more and she would want to not have her parents do an interrogation, but hey, I guess I got what I wanted and what other people wanted.

But on the other hand I again understood why I fell in love with her and that friendzone isin't the thing I wish for, but I guess that is my problem. Also, hey, it's not like that she is getting married, the situation is still not conclusively resolved, stuff might happen, I might "crush" on someone else, someone else might "crush" on me, literally everything can happen...

And, you guys know... well... hope dies last. I would want to say something supportive to all of you that are sad but I'm going to do... stuff. I have a bunch of people to say sorry, and proably other things, to.
I feel you, man. Especially the part about talking online being harder than talking in meatspace, which is sort of counterintuitive but so true >.>

And hey, at least you talked and you seem to understand eachother. The only things you can do now is let it go or wait it out, and both of those options suck. I don't actually have advice for you because i also suck at this but i'm in more or less the same boat man.

* miauw62 hugs

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100581 on: January 09, 2016, 08:09:35 am »

Friend was part of the committee. Friend was aghast and stressed out at the shit that happened during a Student's Convention up a local mall, in which most everyone left via the back exit without knowledge that going through such is alright.

Friend spots us and begins shouting. Well, it was uncharacteristic of her but she raised her voice. I am slightly offended but I can understand that she was stressed. She exploded to the wrong people is all; we are not the committee.

So, that said, most people got pissed over her, but yeah I can't help but pity her predicament.

Thankfully, the situation has been defused, but yeah, damn it only takes just that for everyone to go What The Fuck dislike over someone.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100582 on: January 09, 2016, 08:25:37 am »

I feel you, man. Especially the part about talking online being harder than talking in meatspace, which is sort of counterintuitive but so true >.>
Funny, yeah. I'm not sure why but while it can easily sound as she will just ignore me some more forever and just doesn't want me to write because fuck off, I agree with her. Emotions + ability to communicate everywhere and always is not good idea. If you have anything to say, do it in person even if you have to literally force it. I mean, I don't have anythign against talking online and I guess there will come time when we'll write to each other for one reason or another, but I guess it might be not that bad idea to keep the srs bsns out of it and reserve it for small talk and information exchange.
And hey, at least you talked and you seem to understand eachother.
Possibly too well.
The only things you can do now is let it go or wait it out, and both of those options suck. I don't actually have advice for you because i also suck at this but i'm in more or less the same boat man.
I'll... do both. It's proably going to backfire horribly but I'm not fond of killing something inside me. It might die naturally, I don't know, but for now I'll love her and that's why I will stop caring that much and whatnot. It will be hard, but it's for her. Melodrama much, but if it's going to help me. :x
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:48:17 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100583 on: January 09, 2016, 08:45:56 am »

Christ dude make the image a bit smaller, or spoiler it, or something.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100584 on: January 09, 2016, 08:48:24 am »

Christ dude make the image a bit smaller, or spoiler it, or something.
You make me sad.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100585 on: January 09, 2016, 12:29:36 pm »

Sick as a dog. I'm painfully hungry, but can't keep any food down. Very slowly eating a piece of dry toast and sipping a tall glass of water is the best I can do, and even that's pushing it.

Fuck everything.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100586 on: January 09, 2016, 01:53:34 pm »

-snop-
Funny, yeah. I'm not sure why but while it can easily sound as she will just ignore me some more forever and just doesn't want me to write because fuck off, I agree with her. Emotions + ability to communicate everywhere and always is not good idea. If you have anything to say, do it in person even if you have to literally force it. I mean, I don't have anythign against talking online and I guess there will come time when we'll write to each other for one reason or another, but I guess it might be not that bad idea to keep the srs bsns out of it and reserve it for small talk and information exchange.
for me it's really just the amount of overthinking i do. to my best friend i can just send dumb shit without worrying except in how to craft a high-quality insult, but to people i don't really know i just overthink. see: most of my posts about her not responding over the past week. still no idea wtf is up with that but i'm sort of sure it wasn't not her ignoring me. (not that it's relevant anymore...)
And hey, at least you talked and you seem to understand eachother.
Possibly too well.
The only things you can do now is let it go or wait it out, and both of those options suck. I don't actually have advice for you because i also suck at this but i'm in more or less the same boat man.
I'll... do both. It's proably going to backfire horribly but I'm not fond of killing something inside me. It might die naturally, I don't know, but for now I'll love her and that's why I will stop caring that much and whatnot. It will be hard, but it's for her. Melodrama much, but if it's going to help me. :x
it's part hard and part just taking a long time where you feel sort of shitty

like i am right now. thought i was going to actually get over this pretty quickly but apparently not :X

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100587 on: January 09, 2016, 07:40:45 pm »

My UK lodgings wont have wifi :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100588 on: January 09, 2016, 07:41:18 pm »

WTF?  That's practically a requirement these days...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100589 on: January 09, 2016, 07:54:40 pm »

WTF?  That's practically a requirement these days...
I don't see how wi-fi is an essential requirement. Internet access, yes, but not wi-fi. Wi-fi just enables internet access without wires. Good for convenience but you could just as well live without it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6704 6705 [6706] 6707 6708 ... 8169