Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6699 6700 [6701] 6702 6703 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9538568 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100500 on: January 06, 2016, 03:57:17 am »

C, of course. II is from the civilized half of the globe!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100501 on: January 06, 2016, 08:13:12 am »

Because it's winter.
You got born on the wrong side of planet.
Dude it was 21 degrees today, that's not bleeding winter you hemispherist
Wait is that in C or F? Because one is a very warm winter temperature and the other is a very cool summer day where I'm at. :P
Could also have been in K.
In which yeah, winter day.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100502 on: January 06, 2016, 01:10:38 pm »

I don't know about which side you're talking about but here we use C and we totally have snow right now. It's like -10 IRC.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100503 on: January 06, 2016, 04:39:32 pm »

well tomorrow ill have to ask her out i guess. or maybe i wont, because the answer will be no.

im pretty much panicking about this. this might be my last good chance, i have to do this tomorrow or not at all probably, and that's stressing me the fuck out. i would've preferred to wait longer but it's not an option :x

and i have no real confidence about this anymore, either. if im rational about it shes ignoring me, but i pretty desperately want that not to be true. but i doubt ill actually ask her out, because chickening out and hating myself for it is something i do.

help

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100504 on: January 06, 2016, 04:50:43 pm »

Miauw.  Do it and have a finite amount of regret, instead of an infinite "what-if".
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100505 on: January 06, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »

Miauw, you've been going on about this for months. You've had a while.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100506 on: January 06, 2016, 05:36:46 pm »

or maybe i wont, because the answer will be no.
i think that's her decision, m8

go ahead and ask, the worst that can happen is that she says no and in that case the only things you've lost are the time it took to speak the words and the ability to feel anxious over this, which seems like a good trade to me
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100507 on: January 06, 2016, 06:02:59 pm »

go ahead and ask, the worst that can happen is that she says no and in that case the only things you've lost are the time it took to speak the words and the ability to feel anxious over this, which seems like a good trade to me
THIS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100508 on: January 06, 2016, 06:04:04 pm »

People who commit suicide are copying Hitler.

I know a lot of people who have tried to copy Hitler.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100509 on: January 06, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »

Miauw.  Do it and have a finite amount of regret, instead of an infinite "what-if".
im really not sure the amount of regret of not doing it would be greater here

not long enough, if you consider that I only have one class with her each week and also finals weeks and holidays are a thing

yeah and ill feel like garbage and shell probably tell her friends and what i really cant use is even more of a feeling that people are judging me
also i might be in a class with her for the rest of the year which would suck

e: last time doing this was somewhat exciting but now it's just really fucking stressful
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:50:43 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100510 on: January 06, 2016, 06:43:32 pm »

>the current year
>expecting teenage girls to remember boy not-drama for more than a few hours
>i shiggy diggy
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100511 on: January 06, 2016, 08:01:50 pm »

Nah, teenage girls run the teenage drama economy, so they worry about not-drama less.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:10:32 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100512 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:16 pm »

im really not sure the amount of regret of not doing it would be greater here

not long enough, if you consider that I only have one class with her each week and also finals weeks and holidays are a thing

yeah and ill feel like garbage and shell probably tell her friends and what i really cant use is even more of a feeling that people are judging me
People whom you will never see again after school and whom you probably won't even be able to remember their names. Meanwhile, you will remember not asking her, and will wonder "what if". I still remember the cute girl I never asked out in 9th grade (Chelsea Buchanan), and then she moved over the summer and that was that. But I still remember. Meanwhile, fuck if I can remember anybody ELSE from 9th grade.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100513 on: January 06, 2016, 09:32:54 pm »

Eeyup. I remember not pursuing a lot of avenues due to anxiety, and all I can remember is the path not taken. The only moments really worth remembering about my high school experience were the ones where I did something that I was anxious about. That included asking out girls, joining clubs, performing in front of an audience, performing for a video, asking somebody to a dance, going on a first date, pretty much any high school trope you can name.

Source: Outright rejected twice, dumped four times, didn't ask girls out because of anxiety more times than I can count, currently in a happy relationship. The previous relationships that ended in being dumped were awesome all the way through, and all of my exes are good friends to this day. The pain of rejection faded away, and NO, you will probably not be talked about to her friends. It's not like the pocket spaghetti meme, where being rejected means that there has been a spectacular, embarrassing failure on your part.

The third thing, not having asked girls out because of anxiety? That's an open book that you have a finite amount of time to close. And the girls that I never asked out are the ones that I still wonder about and have a bit of hurt over, not the girl I asked out on a whim and got denied.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:39:43 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #100514 on: January 06, 2016, 09:46:07 pm »

Ugh. Mom got drunk again, now she's having another meaningless argument with my father. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 6699 6700 [6701] 6702 6703 ... 8169