Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6694 6695 [6696] 6697 6698 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9539109 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100425 on: January 02, 2016, 03:25:45 pm »

Goddamn, my dad is going to be 68 this year. He's had this cough thing for a while (~months, possibly a year or two now) and I swear it's getting worse as time passes. He's been to the doctors about it, nothing they prescribe seems to help.

Does he take blood pressure medication?

I'm partial to the auto-tuned version.

I'm partial to the one hour autotuned version
As weird that sounds, thanks to the all the may-may Shia LaBeouf stuff this became popular and proably changed some poor bastard life very significantly, in positive sense. Because, as weird it sounds for someone "normal", sometimes, when you're... "unbalanced", all it takes is just a guy screaming "JUST DO IT" into camera.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100426 on: January 02, 2016, 04:58:49 pm »

I would imagine it's caused some bad shit as well.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #100427 on: January 02, 2016, 08:11:35 pm »

Finally finished installing upgrades into my PC. Motherboard was too big for my current case, so I had to use an older case that had been given to me. Now that we've finally finished the painstaking process of fitting all of the parts into this new case, it won't start at all. No response. We can't tell if it's the fault of the power button on the case not working or what, so we don't know what to do next. I feel mentally exhausted.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #100428 on: January 02, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »

So I've had a shitty year. It had some good moments, but for the most part it's been mired in depression and at certain points suicidally so. But I've gotten trough it, it started to look brighter and better towards the end, got some neat job offers that finally somewhat validated my artistic skills on a marketable level (tho I'm yet to live up to the offers, but I think the hardest part was getting hired). Gotten a bit more outgoing and whatnot, and despite still being prone to sinking and feeling like shit, I've gotten somewhat better at handling that shit, or atleast pushing it aside and working trough it.

Heck I've lost my last grandparent a couple of weeks ago and I didn't completely fall apart for that, only getting mildly paralyzed after a few days by doubts, fears and general shittyness.

Tonight takes the cake tho, as far as shitty nights go, because this one was a perfect fucking bait and switch it seems. Because I was out with a friend tonight, and there was this girl she knows you see. She came over, we started chatting, I was a bit of a dick like I usually am, BUT! (and it's a big one), she likes drawing and art in general. So we sketched while chatting, it was super fun and I haven't done that in half a year. Then she went away, but we later got to the same bar, started talking again. As it turns out, she also loves music, the obscure and weird kind to boot, which is like, atleast a doubleBUT! in my book.
So, to tl;dr it so far, meet a girl, realise she's really awesome in all the ways that so few people I meet are, to the point of only one person surpassing that so far (and it ended horribly six months ago, so do the math for the horrible year part). Naturally, I can't believe how stupidly lucky I have to be for something like that to happen to me, but of course, there has to be a moon sized asterisk floating near behind it all that I just don't notice until it's too late. Namely, that she casually mentiones that she broke up with her boyfriend ( a cool guy which I've known for a number of years) tonight, which is why she's been drinking quite a bit.
We talked after that and all but I can't help but feel hesitant as fuck about proceeding with this thing in any way right now. Because it's so much like the last time that it's fucking wierding me out, it's happening in the same time period too.

Well, that turned out a lot longer than expected, that's what I get for putting off posting shit that's bothering me for three weeks, hell, this isn't even half of it I think, I just can't be bothered dredging that shit back up again :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100429 on: January 02, 2016, 08:47:35 pm »

Today, I spoke at a funeral for a friend who was two months younger than me. If it wasn't for that guy, I wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't be the man I am today.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100430 on: January 02, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »

Shit. I'm sorry, as useless as it is.
It's all good. At this point, it kind of is what it is.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100431 on: January 02, 2016, 10:46:45 pm »

My Internet just crapped out for a bit. It was so boring.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100432 on: January 03, 2016, 12:10:44 am »

God, I hate when that happens. That's why I have a bunch of unread books everywhere.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100433 on: January 03, 2016, 01:46:49 pm »

I am super not in the fucking mood today, work.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100434 on: January 03, 2016, 06:30:59 pm »

Got woken up by an earthquake.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100435 on: January 03, 2016, 06:32:33 pm »

Is everything ok?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100436 on: January 03, 2016, 06:39:36 pm »

No damage, but everybody's a bit scared.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100437 on: January 03, 2016, 07:40:22 pm »

Blimey, 6.8?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100438 on: January 03, 2016, 07:41:05 pm »

Add me to the list of scared people.  Stay safe.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100439 on: January 03, 2016, 08:04:19 pm »

Add me to the list of scared people.  Stay safe.
Holy shit, yeah stay safe.

Pages: 1 ... 6694 6695 [6696] 6697 6698 ... 8169