Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6693 6694 [6695] 6696 6697 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9539111 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100410 on: January 01, 2016, 10:06:36 pm »

I lost the filling that was previously repairing a pretty large chip in one of my teeth.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #100411 on: January 01, 2016, 10:13:38 pm »

When you have to go back to sleeping in your nice big soft king-size bed alone after sharing it with a cuddle-buddy for a night whilst they're in town.

*sigh* I need to find a local cuddle buddy. That a thing? Don't care, it needs to be a thing. Life needs more good, old-fashioned, friendly, no pressure, cuddle sessions...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:27:49 pm by MorleyDev »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100412 on: January 01, 2016, 10:28:49 pm »

I just did the worst thing I could, started to listen to recordings of her playing guitar and singing that I have, for some reason.
I now again have no idea what to feel.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #100413 on: January 01, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »

Oh shit, I actually did just fuck up the quote. That's why the questions.
Xantabomination cannot into code
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100414 on: January 01, 2016, 11:05:43 pm »

NOW it makes sense!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100415 on: January 01, 2016, 11:27:47 pm »

Due to a fucked up Christmas in which pretty much all of my sister's food was lost because the refrigerator turned off and nobody noticed until over 24 hours later, I have no idea what's going to happen to us or where we'll be after a few weeks. Each of the three households that constitute my family in the area are pretty much broke. This is going to be my last term at school, because financial aid checks are too few and far between, I need to go back to a real job, and even if I got my associate of whatever the fuck, so what? Not like I could ever in a million years afford to strike out on my own and move on to any of the larger universities around here, and even IF I get past that, I'm never going to get a job in computer science, or game development, or video editing, or any of the other creative things I'm interested. I'm going to be a sad regular fuck in a small town doing bullshit, frustrating small-time dead-end jobs until I die having accomplished fuck all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100416 on: January 01, 2016, 11:34:55 pm »

Try stackoverflow's workplace thing?
There can't not be jobs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100417 on: January 01, 2016, 11:59:01 pm »

Well, here's my question for you. How much does that bother you? It sounds like a lot. The student loan debt bubble hasn't burst yet. If you're okay with being up to your eyeballs in non-dischargeable debt in exchange for a chance (not a guarantee) at life better than what you expect, it's worth considering. I'm phrasing it as harshly as I can because I don't want to be misleading, but in retrospect I can say it was a good decision for me, at least. If you really care about doing something that interests you, and you're willing to take risks to make that happen, look into it. You may have already exhausted Federal loans, but private ones may still be available.

Alternatively, if you can meet your current obligations on part-time work, you can practice those skills in your downtime until you can freelance enough work to pay for the degree or portfolio your way into a job. If you're stuck living with family, and you have no outstanding debts (or, I'm assuming, kids of your own to feed), you may be able to generate a net positive cash flow for the home on even a minimum wage, part-time job, but that's something to discuss with the parents. If you need resources for free studying, I'm sure folks around here can provide some helpful things.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100418 on: January 02, 2016, 12:39:09 am »

Speaking of relationship stuff, scratch that supposed "date".  I basically had to beg for it, and ever since (so like, all day) I've been getting reminders of why this is a shitty relationship.  I get that he's nervous, but it's actually pretty damn clear he really doesn't want to meet in person ever.  Never did.  I was just being desperate, and also complacent.  I basically knew nothing would come of it, just felt good to pretend I had someone.

I think for New Years I'm resolving to treat myself with just a tad bit more respect.  In a lot of ways, but including this.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100419 on: January 02, 2016, 01:48:12 am »

Goddamn, my dad is going to be 68 this year. He's had this cough thing for a while (~months, possibly a year or two now) and I swear it's getting worse as time passes. He's been to the doctors about it, nothing they prescribe seems to help.

It's frustrating and depressing to have to live with. It's annoying to hear everyday for weeks or months on end, and it's depressing because it's constantly reminding me that he's getting old and eventually will die. And then I'll probably have to take care of my mother, cook, buy groceries, handle bills or paperwork, drive her places, and basically fill the void while probably juggling college and/or a job. And the house is getting in disrepair and I'll probably need to fix it myself one day somehow. And the garage, one of the rooms, and the backyard will be filled with piles of junk he's horded that will be useless to me and I don't know what the hell I'll do with it. And he'll probably not live to see what I do after college. Maybe not even see me graduate college. Or see where I live on my own, or see what kinds of things I do with my hobbies, or see if I ever start a family or anything.

Dammit I made myself sad.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100420 on: January 02, 2016, 02:40:33 am »

Oh ye cath in armourth, who maketh himself sad,
Unsadify thyself, as ye sadified thyself

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100421 on: January 02, 2016, 12:31:52 pm »

so, miauw, here's the important thing to realize

chances are, you matter a lot less to her than she does to you, unless she also has a crush on you (in which case it's possible she's overthinking her own behavior in an effort to avoid coming off as needy)
i already knew this, though. it was literally just "hey" :x

and that's okay, because your hopes and dreams don't rely on her having the same feelings about you, they rely on her being willing to give you a chance - which means you have an opportunity to make an impression that gives rise to those feelings even if they don't spontaneously occur
yeah and that is what makes interacting with her so stressful because i dont want to come off as creepy >.>

but, one way or the other, here is what you have to do - make your life about something other than her

there is literally no downside, because having your own interests will make you more attractive, because you can share them with her instead of only picking up things she likes, and because you will be less fixated on her, but they will also help you cope if she turns out to be not interested
this might already be what im doing or it might not be i honestly don't know.

but you should probably say something now, because if she hasn't made a move toward you by this point she probably isn't going to, and so your alternatives are mostly "let us both molder in anxiety and awkwardness wondering if we both feel the same way until one of us cracks" or "i alone will molder in anxiety and awkwardness until it gets creepy because i've been hiding this for so long it demonstrates i'm not really willing to trust her", neither of which is particularly nice to either of you

i recommend copying this exact message and sending it along facebook - "hey, i was wondering - do you want to get dinner sometime?"
not going to do that over facebook, that's a really bad idea

then go play video games or something and/or whatever

and if she says no then you still win because you get to stop worrying
i also really don't feel like asking her if i dont think i have a chance. what's the point?

really i know a lot of ways i could think more positively but i can't really bring up the willpower to do that and feel more like just feeling like shit for whatever reason.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100422 on: January 02, 2016, 12:38:49 pm »

Goddamn, my dad is going to be 68 this year. He's had this cough thing for a while (~months, possibly a year or two now) and I swear it's getting worse as time passes. He's been to the doctors about it, nothing they prescribe seems to help.

Does he take blood pressure medication?

I'm partial to the auto-tuned version.

I'm partial to the one hour autotuned version
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:41:45 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100424 on: January 02, 2016, 01:13:13 pm »

Does he take blood pressure medication?
Pretty sure he does, yeah. I guess you're saying it could be a side-effect of some kind? I hadn't thought of that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6693 6694 [6695] 6696 6697 ... 8169