Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6691 6692 [6693] 6694 6695 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9539866 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100380 on: January 01, 2016, 02:11:35 pm »

Sometimes an response is worse than no response.
Except not really. But eh, you know, you can have hope and stuff. Because hope dies last. She might also be a bit busy dealing with, I don't know, New Year and possibly sleeping it off and stuff.
I just sent "hey"  about 24 hours ago now, and she was online when I sent it :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100381 on: January 01, 2016, 02:15:49 pm »

Online statuses tend to lie a lot.
Also, the fact that someone is online doesn't mean they actually are using whathever they are using.
By the way - I'm again thinking about writing to her. I actually consider turning off everything to stop myself but then I'll proably just use the phone (which I theoretically could throw away or something, but then I would proably write a damn letter) or something. Bloody emotions, sthap. Go away. Fuck you, emotions.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100382 on: January 01, 2016, 02:44:37 pm »

Yeah, but what do you even do after sending a message and she doesn't reply. Me being who I am, I worry too much about whether I should send another message and when and aagh >.<

And I know that feel Kot. The urge to talk to her is always there and it's so frustrating when you can't.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100383 on: January 01, 2016, 02:47:36 pm »

Just send "I just wanted to wish you a happy new year" or something, even if she didin't reply for whatever reason, she kinda has to to this one, because, well, it's really damn neutral and people apparently do that, so unless she specifically doesn't want to talk to you because she hates you and wishes you didin't exist. Or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100384 on: January 01, 2016, 03:27:35 pm »

Went to apply for job I perfectly qualified for; it had no expiration date listed. Tried to apply just now and gone intentionally.... One day too late.

Damn it, lol. Awwwwwwwwwww.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100385 on: January 01, 2016, 03:50:24 pm »

Well she's seen it now and hasn't replied so >.>

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100386 on: January 01, 2016, 03:50:44 pm »

Give her a bit.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100387 on: January 01, 2016, 04:08:09 pm »

Well, if she doesn't reply and won't mention it, you can easily say you were rejected before you even asked. :x

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100388 on: January 01, 2016, 04:13:17 pm »

Instead of something generic and possibly ignorable like "hey", maybe ask a sort of innocuous question like "how was new year's?".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100389 on: January 01, 2016, 04:17:39 pm »

Sending "hey" on its own seems a little odd, but then I am very odd (and bad at this sort of thing!) myself and so am not in much of a position to judge. Maybe just ask how she's doing, or if she partied hard on NYE? Or send a photo of a cute cat or some daft emoticon, possibly animated.
That seems to be the done thing these days.

Edit:
Well congrats on being able to find that out, Yoink!

No but seriously, someone asked you to dance, this is a good thing, right?
Sure it is, I am just disappointed with myself for such a dancefloor failure after how awesome I managed to be otherwise.
Especially since I've seen a (far more socially adept) friend of mine dance the pants off many a fine, unknown young lady with consummate ease.
That was a very strange sentence. I kinda like it... also the word "consummate" seems especially fitting for the topic according to the online dictionary I glanced at just now.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:23:16 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100390 on: January 01, 2016, 04:29:06 pm »

She's offline now, and if I wasn't hesitant to message her before, I am now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #100391 on: January 01, 2016, 05:08:59 pm »

I've turned to some very wise sages of the Internet for advice for you guys. Here is the fruit of their insight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyKbamBO_OQ
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100392 on: January 01, 2016, 05:32:00 pm »

I've turned to some very wise sages of the Internet for advice for you guys. Here is the fruit of their insight.

DO IT. JUST DO IT.

MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100393 on: January 01, 2016, 05:54:35 pm »

DO IT. JUST DO IT.

MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLyS-_5VoQk
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100394 on: January 01, 2016, 06:01:03 pm »

A wise man once said nothing.
Yeah, no, Miauw, you try, do stuff, meet her in real, be a fucking creep or whatever they want you to do, because you still have chance.
In meantime, I'll keep trying to not give a shit about her.
Pages: 1 ... 6691 6692 [6693] 6694 6695 ... 8169