Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6681 6682 [6683] 6684 6685 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442065 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100230 on: December 28, 2015, 02:17:10 pm »

Yeah, you do that. I did that and it was awesome, at least until other stuff happened. Also, even if it doesn't work out - nothing is better than being uncertain, proven info. I'll keep doing my thing, which is not talking, because I'm in a other and possibly worse situation. Fucking hell, why does stuff like that hurt so much, I'm supposed to be uncaring about love and stuff, I'm a fucking asshole Grinch after all. ;_;
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100231 on: December 28, 2015, 02:20:40 pm »

Ah. Okay, yes. If you have confirmation that she's angry at you, then, yes, not talking to her is the best thing you can do. My bad, I misunderstood. The ultimate goal there is to find somebody to care about that won't tear you up inside, but that is easier said than done and all that. My condolences, buddy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100232 on: December 28, 2015, 02:24:34 pm »

The ultimate goal there is to find somebody to care about that won't tear you up inside, but that is easier said than done and all that.
I'm not sure if that can be described as being angry, more like cold hate or something. Also, it's too late, at least for now. Thanks tho.
miauw62 - go git her. Godspeed. May the God-Emperor and The Force and whatever be with you.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100233 on: December 28, 2015, 03:34:48 pm »

Yeah, you do that. I did that and it was awesome, at least until other stuff happened. Also, even if it doesn't work out - nothing is better than being uncertain, proven info. I'll keep doing my thing, which is not talking, because I'm in a other and possibly worse situation. Fucking hell, why does stuff like that hurt so much, I'm supposed to be uncaring about love and stuff, I'm a fucking asshole Grinch after all. ;_;
i've read the thread, i know how you feel. i just didnt respond because i wasn't really sure i knew that feel >.>

also man i feel like sending her a message on fb would end up being pretty awkward and i'd regret it :x
also looking for confirmation on facebook would basically be asking her out so it's not really something i can do.

E:
i'm scared of messaging her partially because of the whole try to act like a friend thing and in that context it just seems a bit weird i guess

e2:
damnit i think youve just convinced me to do this
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:22:17 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100234 on: December 28, 2015, 04:27:18 pm »

I mentioned a while ago about a zookeeper calling a monkey a "fucking cocksucker" on live TV.

Saw a video on the news today of the same keeper whipping the shit out of a tiger.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100235 on: December 28, 2015, 04:50:32 pm »

I mentioned a while ago about a zookeeper calling a monkey a "fucking cocksucker" on live TV
Depending on the monkey quite possible.
Bonobos, for example (though they might be great apes? I don't remember).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100236 on: December 28, 2015, 05:30:41 pm »

I think it's bonobos, those things are pretty gay.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100237 on: December 28, 2015, 05:31:13 pm »

i've read the thread, i know how you feel. i just didnt respond because i wasn't really sure i knew that feel >.>
Actually, she spoke to me like today.
It's war. I don't even know why she hates me, because if anyone it should be me, but it apparently happened.
Well, fuck, there goes the relative calmness I expected from the rest of the year. Fuck, fuckitty fuck.
I don't even know what to feel, to be mad at her, to be sad because in the end it turned out worse, I don't really know.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100238 on: December 28, 2015, 05:59:24 pm »

My parents pretty much forced me to go to a rehab for "gaming and internet addiction," because that's a thing, right? At said rehab they also tried to say that reading fiction was an addiction. "Escapist reading" they called it. They regularly used a 12 step program, and made us go to both weekly AA meetings and weekly sexual addiction support groups. If that wasn't bad enough, it was the most openly transphobic place I'd ever been. Everyone refused to use my preferred pronouns, and I was even actively discouraged several times from transitioning.

One of the guys who'd been through the program came through and regularly told stories about how he couldn't have a smartphone or a TV because he'd get too distracted to work. Because that's totally an addiction, and not, I dunno... ADHD? A lot of people are dumb and will try to pawn any and all responsibility for their own problems onto someone or something else. It's kind of disgusting.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100239 on: December 28, 2015, 06:13:00 pm »

Actually, she spoke to me like today.
It's war. I don't even know why she hates me, because if anyone it should be me, but it apparently happened.
Well, fuck, there goes the relative calmness I expected from the rest of the year. Fuck, fuckitty fuck.
I don't even know what to feel, to be mad at her, to be sad because in the end it turned out  worse, I don't really know.

I can relate to not knowing what to do, think or feel. Hang in there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100240 on: December 28, 2015, 06:14:30 pm »

Those forced "rehab" programs really ought to be illegal.  Terrifying.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100241 on: December 28, 2015, 06:18:17 pm »

My parents pretty much forced me to go to a rehab for "gaming and internet addiction," because that's a thing, right? At said rehab they also tried to say that reading fiction was an addiction. "Escapist reading" they called it. They regularly used a 12 step program, and made us go to both weekly AA meetings and weekly sexual addiction support groups. If that wasn't bad enough, it was the most openly transphobic place I'd ever been. Everyone refused to use my preferred pronouns, and I was even actively discouraged several times from transitioning.

One of the guys who'd been through the program came through and regularly told stories about how he couldn't have a smartphone or a TV because he'd get too distracted to work. Because that's totally an addiction, and not, I dunno... ADHD? A lot of people are dumb and will try to pawn any and all responsibility for their own problems onto someone or something else. It's kind of disgusting.
if electronics and books didn't exist i get the feeling they would put you in the puzzle and solitaire addiction support group. also since when is reading lots of books a bad thing? my mom reads novels constantly, even more than i do when i get a good book. its called a pass time and a hobby not an addiction.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:20:10 pm by redwallzyl »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100242 on: December 28, 2015, 06:31:24 pm »

Those forced "rehab" programs really ought to be illegal.  Terrifying.
Legally, I consented to it. They basically threatened to cut me off from everything and the rest of my family if I didn't go.

if electronics and books didn't exist i get the feeling they would put you in the puzzle and solitaire addiction support group. also since when is reading lots of books a bad thing? my mom reads novels constantly, even more than i do when i get a good book. its called a pass time and a hobby not an addiction.
They actually limited us to one board game a week while I was there. We used to be able to play them whenever we wanted but some folks stayed up too late one night playing Risk and suddenly there were limitations on all of us.

On the bright side, I met a pretty good trans friend that I keep in touch with still. She was still closeted when I met her but later she came out and has just recently started on hormones.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100243 on: December 28, 2015, 07:04:48 pm »

They actually limited us to one board game a week while I was there. We used to be able to play them whenever we wanted but some folks stayed up too late one night playing Risk and suddenly there were limitations on all of us.

On the bright side, I met a pretty good trans friend that I keep in touch with still. She was still closeted when I met her but later she came out and has just recently started on hormones.
I hope your not stuck with them for to long, i would go crazy if someone took away my laptop and books. not that they can without me calling the police on them for theft. woo being an adult! :P

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100244 on: December 28, 2015, 07:08:05 pm »

I was only there for 2 weeks before I left. It was a hellhole, and I have no idea how my friend made it through the whole 6-8 week program.
Pages: 1 ... 6681 6682 [6683] 6684 6685 ... 8167