Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6676 6677 [6678] 6679 6680 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436613 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100155 on: December 26, 2015, 09:53:21 pm »

D'ohohoho, it would seem that i leak more fluids on to my pillow than the average person (blood AND drool)! ... Not that i'm proud of it. Fuck waking up with a bleeding nose out of nowhere, i say.

... Isn't PvP in Terraria optional? Each player literally has to activate their PvP flag on in the PC version in order to PvP. Is that different on what they were using?
Oh it is optional, but the older kid was rather good at tricking, blackmailing or guilt tripping his younger brother into enabling it. Suffice to say, there was much butthurt in the atmosphere. As much as i enjoy a good round of schadenfreude, these kids are both loud and annoying when they're butthurt, and i didn't care much for the constant butthurt whining and "moooooooooom he's doing X". I don't know how people get the idea that i'm not awful at handling children. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100156 on: December 26, 2015, 10:11:03 pm »

Holy shit this is the most frustration with my lack of artistic talent I have ever achieved thus far

So I have a way to generate 3D renders that look pretty convincingly like pixel art, I have the basic bits and bobs of a JRPG in Game Maker (dialogue boxes, combat, etc), and I have a story. Together, this should equal a JRPG with pre-rendered 3D graphics that appear to be high-quality pixel art... but I have no good 3D models for characters.

My plan was to use models generated by Mixamo Fuse, edited of course to get them the way I want them to look. But the automatic rigging on Fuse models is garbage, the arms and legs crumple up like paper tubes if you try to bend them at all. It'd be one thing if it just wasn't as good as a rig manually created by an artist, this is unusable levels of horribad. I could edit the rigging, except any attempt I make just makes it worse and the whole point of going with Fuse was to avoid a lot of the demoralizing, time-consuming art creation that has cockblocked pretty much every one of my past projects, without just saying "fuck it" and stealing models from Blendswap, consigning my game to never achieve any level of professionalism or respect.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100157 on: December 26, 2015, 11:43:15 pm »

Any of those other fluids are not words that I would use 'spill' to describe, I don't think. Ugh, it's too late to think about these complexities.

-----

In other sad news, my favorite cat (who has since moved out and now lives at my grandmother's) has been diagnosed with a failing kidney and only has a year prognosis. :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100158 on: December 27, 2015, 12:40:10 am »

Fuck waking up with a bleeding nose out of nowhere, i say.
I had the insides of my nose cauterized, and now they don't bleed unless I get punched really, really hard. Like, break my nose hard.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100159 on: December 27, 2015, 12:42:09 am »

Does such a procedure affect one's sense of smell?

In other sad news, my favorite cat (who has since moved out and now lives at my grandmother's) has been diagnosed with a failing kidney and only has a year prognosis. :(
Sorry to hear that. :(
Cats seem to have bad luck with kidney problems... hopefully you can spend plenty of time with them before it gets worse.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100160 on: December 27, 2015, 12:59:46 am »

fentanyl is a hell of a drug

which makes it all the scarier when you get a dose (on top of 10 mg of oxycodone) and your pain remains the worst you've ever had

and then it continues to get worse the longer you're getting iv saline

fortunately they finally figured out the stone had got stuck and gave me a drug that dilates the ureters but jegus
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100161 on: December 27, 2015, 01:11:58 am »

Glad it's gone, at least?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100162 on: December 27, 2015, 01:12:53 am »

Glad it's gone, at least?
the pain of that magnitude, yeah, but the stone's still there and it's hurting again now, just not so badly
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100163 on: December 27, 2015, 01:13:58 am »

Oh... I hope it buggers off soon.  Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100164 on: December 27, 2015, 01:23:54 am »

I demand pics one the thing has passed. This stone must go down in B12 history as the largest stone birthed by a man here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100165 on: December 27, 2015, 01:27:06 am »

The sound on my bedroom tv is all buzzy and reverby. I hope the tv's not on it's way out.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #100166 on: December 27, 2015, 05:00:10 am »

Finished Da Vinci's Demons today.  Last episode was clearly not meant to be the series finale.  It was alright, but there was so much more potential.  Unrealised potential, now, thanks to this stupid cancellation.  Why must all my favourite shows die!?!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100167 on: December 27, 2015, 05:55:57 am »

Power's been out all day, and we're told it will stay out for another few hours, as they work on the line.

Plus side is this should help fix the flickering we've been getting.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100168 on: December 27, 2015, 11:18:54 am »

Fuck waking up with a bleeding nose out of nowhere, i say.
I had the insides of my nose cauterized, and now they don't bleed unless I get punched really, really hard. Like, break my nose hard.
My nose can bleed completely without prior provocation, and i have witnesses. :v
I did have it burned with some chemical (silver nitrate of some sort, i think) way back yonder, and it worked... For a few months. Tried a second time later, and that was just a catastrophic bloody mess that ended up with me having some balloon-y think stuck up my nose and inflated (which, mind you, was godawful). Now the doctor/secretary just tells me to come by when it's bleeding so they can see where it is, which... Really isn't that easy. The wait list is maybe a month long, and my nose rarely bleeds for more than 15 minutes, and i don't really want to repeat what happened last time.

also fff WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET MY GRUBBY HANDS ON A DIGITAL COPY OF FAIRYLAND'S "SCORE TO A NEW BEGINNING" I MEAN HOLY DICKS
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100169 on: December 27, 2015, 03:29:14 pm »

I've hated Metroid: Other M for years now, for mostly obvious reasons.  But to an extreme extent...  Randomly thinking about it out of the blue.  I tried to write it off as noncanon crap fanfic, and that should have been the end of it.  Yet I still felt the need to randomly tell my friends "I hate Other M".  It was bizarre, I'm not even much of a Metroid fan anymore.

Last week I read an analysis which made the game make sense...  In a viscerally horrifying way.  I think a large part of my issues this holiday season have been due to this understanding, and its personal significance to me.
http://moonbase.rydia.net/mental/blog/gaming/metroid-other-m-the-elephant/article.html

(Basically Adam is emotionally abusive and manipulative, and the powerful bounty hunter Samus reverts to a helpless child when faced with him.  While singing his praises.  It's... painfully familiar.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6676 6677 [6678] 6679 6680 ... 8167