Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6673 6674 [6675] 6676 6677 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435410 times)

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100110 on: December 24, 2015, 10:02:19 pm »

I realized how many people I've managed to make truly hate me. How many people would be happy to see that I'm dead. And I realized that at one point, these people called me a friend. I realized how much of a gigantic ass I've been to so many people in my life, and how horrible an excuse for a human being I am.

I want to cry.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100111 on: December 24, 2015, 10:12:08 pm »

I realized how many people I've managed to make truly hate me. How many people would be happy to see that I'm dead.

how do you know

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100112 on: December 24, 2015, 10:31:05 pm »

Mom wants to go visit my older brother and his wife and kids -my nieces - tomorrow. We do not visit them often. It's gonna be awkward. Or at least I'm sure I'll be awkward. [deadpan] Yaaaay, holiday socializing shenanigans. [/deadpan]
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #100113 on: December 25, 2015, 09:55:00 am »

At least a hundred killed in a petrol or natural gas depot in Nigeria. Can't bring myself to look for an update.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100114 on: December 25, 2015, 10:44:16 am »

So the new HD 8 not only got rid of the carousel, but it also uses what is basically the stock Android OS. And I liked the carousel, too...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:04:59 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100115 on: December 25, 2015, 01:36:16 pm »

I puked this morning. No warning, I didn't feel sick at all beforehand, just "guess what shitfucker you're puking right this second". And that was shortly after I took some headache medicine, so I'm probably not getting the benefits of that but I'm too much of a puss to take some more again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100116 on: December 25, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »

It's Christmas and it's not even cold out.

*sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #100117 on: December 25, 2015, 02:34:08 pm »

At least a hundred killed in a petrol or natural gas depot in Nigeria. Can't bring myself to look for an update.

Since Christmas is almost over and I can depress myself now, here's an article. Death toll seems uncertain but it's very, very high.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but luckily it was an accident and not an attack.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100118 on: December 25, 2015, 04:10:31 pm »

What a terrible time for an accident. :/ (obviously it's not like there are GOOD times for those, but y'know)

In very different news that PROBABLY shouldn't sadden me, we're going for Christmas Lunchings(tm) tomorrow at my uncles place. He's a good cook, and all the people attending are nice, but the thing is this: My cousin and her husband have two kids. Boys, aged 7 and 10 (i think). They've been obsessed with Minecraft since they were first able to play it, which is a plural of years now. While i guess it's fine that i don't come off as an aloof asshole to them, they'll probably want to play Minecraft with me, ON TABLETS. There are three problems with this:

1) Despite all its potential coolness (i do think it's a pretty cool game), i am burned the fuck out on Minecraft, and would never fire it up for more than casual solo play.
2) I don't like gaming on tablets.
3) I AM BAD AT SAYING NO.

Of course, i have the excuse of my strain injuries this time, so maybe i'll be off the hook. However, this means i have to sit around and chat all afternoon. It's not that i dislike being social, i just have a limited capacity for it (which is in no way helped along by sub-par sleep in the past few days), and it would be nice if there were anyone in the same age group as myself (besides my brother, of course). All this would be tolerable if not for two additional facts: Firstly, my bowels do NOT like having my sleep schedule shifted suddenly, and secondly, ever since that one time i got food poisoning at a similar event at uni, i've been nervous about festive feasts. So basically, it's hard for me to enjoy the primary appeal of the Christmas Lunchings(tm). Add all these together, and you can see how i'm not overly ecstatic about it.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100119 on: December 25, 2015, 04:55:25 pm »

Tell them flat that you dislike minecraft on tablets. Move on with day. I guess?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100120 on: December 25, 2015, 04:57:35 pm »

> sit around and chat all afternoon

People who like talking a lot appreciate good listeners. You don't have to do a lot of talking to be considered a good conversationalist. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100121 on: December 25, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »

Tell them flat that you dislike minecraft on tablets. Move on with day. I guess?
"Sorry, guys, I have adult things to do."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100122 on: December 25, 2015, 05:17:20 pm »

Alas, i can't even consider myself a good listener, because as my therapist noticed, my attention tends to flicker a lot when people are talking, even one on one (note: not ADHD). I also hardly have any adult things to be doing beyond idle chitchat, but i guess they don't know that. :v

I guess the older kid isn't too young to understand. Unfortunately for me, Minecraft isn't the only droll game at their disposal, and i don't have any games which are suitable for their level of manual dexterity (and complete lack of tolerance for challenging gameplay). Even with an excuse to stay away from games entirely, i'll still have to contend with a cranky set of bowels for most of the day, which, while not exactly new for me any more, still isn't something i look forward to in the least. :'D
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100123 on: December 25, 2015, 05:19:46 pm »

I also hardly have any adult things to be doing beyond idle chitchat, but i guess they don't know that. :v
Idle chitchat is one of the most adult things you can do.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100124 on: December 25, 2015, 06:27:42 pm »

(and complete lack of tolerance for challenging gameplay)

The heretical little folk clearly need to be introduced to DF. Inform them that minecraft was heavily inspired by it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 6673 6674 [6675] 6676 6677 ... 8167