Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6663 6664 [6665] 6666 6667 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429775 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99960 on: December 19, 2015, 08:01:14 am »

So I've got nearly two months of Christmas/New Year's vacation, and one thing I'm applying to do is to volunteer to herd baby goats at a farm in Portugal in exchange for room and board. I've applied to a couple such farms. No replies yet, sadly, but I'm hoping I get an offer soon- probably Monday since today is the weekend.

I've changed my avatar to a babby goat for the festive occasion.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99961 on: December 19, 2015, 08:06:35 am »

I'm not actively looking for a relationship atm, but I've come to terms with my sexuality, in the sense that there is no sense denying that I am not an Asexual and I'm just a normal person trying to look for love in their own terms.

All I have going for me is acceptance of things that this is how things should be for me at least. If I don't get anyone to love, that's just fine, I'll keep trying to love myself, because the other side of me is an insecure person who needs to be cuddled, and I understand myself best. So until then, I'll take care of myself until someone can take care of me just as I can take care of them.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99962 on: December 19, 2015, 09:52:59 am »

i feel like all the things im interested in are massive sausagefests tbh :x

living in a shitty smallish town doesn't help i guess.
Yeah but once you're hanging out with guy-friends, it's a lot easier to go to things like concerts or festivals with some other dudes.  And in my experience having pals at one's back makes it a lot easier to talk to people.
(Not to ask people out, in my case, but to effortlessly be less of a reclusive weirdo.  When I'm around other geeks I feel confident, even proud of myself.)

It's also a lot easier to meet a tabletop-gaming girl when you're hanging out with tabletop gamers.

... But yeah, small towns... ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99963 on: December 19, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »

Well, as of now I am no longer Trucker Goddess. Cleaned out and secured my truck this morning. The party truck is now on hold until further notice.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99964 on: December 19, 2015, 05:04:00 pm »

My grandfather fell and hurt himself and is incredibly drunk and I'm scared.

I don't want to be left alone. I don't want to have to be the man of the house. I don't want to have to think about these fucking things. I'm just a kid. A stupid fucking kid who just wants to have a nice Christmas.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99965 on: December 19, 2015, 06:41:36 pm »

Well, as of now I am no longer Trucker Goddess. Cleaned out and secured my truck this morning. The party truck is now on hold until further notice.

That shouldn't last too long, should it? Around here nearly every other radio commercial is "WE NEED TRUCKERS NOW, and we're willing to guarantee almost anything to get them." Isn't like that where you are?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #99966 on: December 19, 2015, 06:44:51 pm »

2/3 people attending my IRL roleplaying group can't do it any more for lack of spare time... Not sure if it'll be able to continue.

Well, at least I learned a few things from the experience. Hopefully we'll still be able to talk.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99967 on: December 19, 2015, 09:03:01 pm »

An old friend of my family died last night.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99968 on: December 19, 2015, 09:03:44 pm »

So this is what hate is. This burning feeling inside of you, the wish to erase the other person from the world by sheer force of will...
You'd think that someone would develop a sense of tact and boundaries after you've told them that they made you nearly suicidal a couple weeks ago. You'd think that they wouldn't go from OMYGODTHISCANTCONTINUE to 'Aight, so after I've messed you up again for a bit, let's just continue as before and wait for the next time this happens', where 'continue as before' is 'ignore each other completely', which is something you had to fight for against their proposal of 'Let's just continue as if everything was alright and nothing had ever happened.'

You'd be wrong, though. Putting her full name here would be in poor taste, right? Then let me say: A. R. P., I curse your name and everything you've ever touched. May the food turn to ash in your mouth, and air in your lungs to fire. Let my memory harass you as long as you live - and even after we both have died, I'll still let ghost piss rain down on your grave.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99969 on: December 19, 2015, 09:08:11 pm »

Oooooookay then!
Note to self: Never get on Helgoland's bad side.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99970 on: December 19, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »

Don't worry, it's a fairly impressive accomplishment.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99971 on: December 19, 2015, 09:35:59 pm »

Don't worry, it's a fairly impressive accomplishment.
...Still not going to test that theory...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99972 on: December 19, 2015, 09:50:30 pm »

By the way, I guess I should clear up one thing before someone starts worrying: 'My memory' doesn't mean I'll kill myself :p It's just that I know for a fact she still holds me in fairly high regard, but I sure as shit won't be involved with her any more in any kind or form.
The Bay12 postcard club

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99973 on: December 19, 2015, 10:04:53 pm »

I seem to have lost any ability to make decent art, which kind of put a dampener on me getting a new graphic tablet.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99974 on: December 19, 2015, 10:13:13 pm »

@Helgo: Well, I can relate, at least.
Don't let 'em get to you too much. They'll get out of your life eventually if you hang in there. That housemate of mine did so recently, thank fuck.

Edit: Oh crap, pageroll. I should really think of a Sad to include here.
Uhh... I guess the party I missed out on last night probably counts. From what I hear it was an excellent time, but of course, if I had gone I most likely would have just hung around awkwardly and hardly talked. Also I'm back to being broke for two days until I get paid.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:15:07 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6663 6664 [6665] 6666 6667 ... 8167