Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6661 6662 [6663] 6664 6665 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432873 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99930 on: December 18, 2015, 09:51:39 pm »

Dude, if I don't get my act together soon I will be turning 23 in the same situation...
I know how ya feel. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #99931 on: December 18, 2015, 10:25:44 pm »

I AM 23 and in that situation. In all fairness though, i don't care about romance, so that doesn't really bother me. It just feels a bit weird knowing that more than one of my friends are parents, and i've only ever gotten as far as friendhugging. :v (disregarding that one time where a classmate was drunk out of her mind and gave me a little goodbye kiss on the cheek, which, while nice of her, was awkward as hell)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99932 on: December 19, 2015, 12:02:02 am »

i got all you suckers beat

27 and counting

although in my experience it actually stops being a problem once you get so used to it being the status quo
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99933 on: December 19, 2015, 12:05:24 am »

Well now I feel bad about feeling bad about not having any real social life...You all seem to have it worse.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99934 on: December 19, 2015, 12:07:13 am »

oh, no worries in my case, at least

i'm living the life that makes me happy

if i wanted a date that badly, i imagine i'd ask somebody

likewise if i wanted a fuck
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99935 on: December 19, 2015, 12:28:44 am »

Anywho:
Data was too randomized, have to generate again. Taking out the cryptographically secure generator has sped it up from a 6 hour generation to a 5 minute one, so I guess that's what I've gotta do.
Why was it so important that the generator be cryptographically secure???
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99936 on: December 19, 2015, 12:31:56 am »

Why was it so important that the generator be cryptographically secure???
i wanted it to be harder for someone looking at my numbers to establish patterns suggesting it was false data

nevermind that i'm far too incompetent to generate data that could pass basic sanity tests

or that nobody will ever look for such evidence anyway

it's the principle of the thing

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99937 on: December 19, 2015, 12:35:09 am »

Yep.

This is why I'm probably going to end up coding a Menu class or something, because rewriting all the input checking that I do despite knowing that it will never be necessary each time I do it because there's not a requirement to even HAVE exception handling let alone graceful exception handling or even the expectation of invalid data...
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99938 on: December 19, 2015, 12:38:24 am »

Well now I feel bad about feeling bad about not having any real social life...You all seem to have it worse.
Hey, I have a fairly decent social life (I mean, I wish I had more/closer friends, but at least I have some friends), just no love life. :P
Especially annoying is the fact that it's entirely my fault... I know for a fact that occasional females are interested in me, I just fail entirely at initiating any kind of romantic relationship. Heck, even thinking about it just now is making me feel a bit anxious. I'm gonna go drink more beer instead.

Not sure why I felt the need to make this post, but I typed it out so I might as well post it now. If nothing else it all adds to my PPD.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99939 on: December 19, 2015, 12:40:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whew that rant came out of nowhere.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99940 on: December 19, 2015, 12:49:12 am »

I've been wondering if it's because video games are designed to feel far more rewarding than anything in real life.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99941 on: December 19, 2015, 12:59:22 am »

I'm 21 and I've no idea about dating or stuff o_o
Probably connected to anything related to dating...
But I find it easy to connect with people. I think that matters more than dating. :)
What makes me sad though, is why it seems a prevalence to see 'friends' as something limited, then compare it with romantic or passionate relations. Whaa? >_<

But foremost sads: Busy + Lacking time. x_x

I've been wondering if it's because video games are designed to feel far more rewarding than anything in real life.
Not really. :P
Videogames give the semblance of control--you are fully responsible for all your actions (unless scripted otherwise, or limited by monotony of how you proceed with things), and the good that comes out of this is that you can allegorically transfer the good things you get from them into how you work with reality (sans violence). Rewards here, are subjective, as many consider the good thoughts and feelings, or the story they experience (or just experiences themselves) as the rewarding feeling, other than concrete achievements alone. :)
Everything is based on reality, so if it is to be compared--remember that you may only be comparing a sliver of reality than the whole thing.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99942 on: December 19, 2015, 02:10:20 am »

Well, those were some interesting responses at least. And yeah, I'm the same way. I have friends, just no romantic interests or dates or things like that. It's not like I have no social life or that would be a major sad, at least for me. xD
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99943 on: December 19, 2015, 02:14:03 am »

i got all you suckers beat

27 and counting

although in my experience it actually stops being a problem once you get so used to it being the status quo
* Sirus does the 27-and-counting secret handshake

Well, guess I'm officially unemployed now. I think this was the first boss I had who actually didn't want me to leave, so I feel kinda bad for the guy  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #99944 on: December 19, 2015, 02:14:26 am »

I'm 18 and I think dating is overrated... I give it a 4/10.
(Tiru stole everything else I wanted to say... >:( )
Pages: 1 ... 6661 6662 [6663] 6664 6665 ... 8167