Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6656 6657 [6658] 6659 6660 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438225 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99855 on: December 16, 2015, 06:43:37 am »

Didn't get essay finished.

I am so doomed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99856 on: December 16, 2015, 07:49:29 am »

So I tried to show a friend how dull my knife is and dragged the blade across my finger (as I've done before) and it cut right open.... So I had to drive home with a tissue wrapped around my left infect finger tip
* Gigla applauds slowly
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99857 on: December 16, 2015, 01:23:19 pm »

Generator refuses to start, no electricity. Its freezing, were running out of propane. Fire nearly died again. Dogs destroyed the mug i bought for my mother for christmas. I've been depressed the last few days, loneliness is really getting to me. I haven't had a date in years, or found anyone who would think of me as anything but a friend.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99858 on: December 16, 2015, 02:44:17 pm »

Generator refuses to start, no electricity. Its freezing, were running out of propane. Fire nearly died again. Dogs destroyed the mug i bought for my mother for christmas. I've been depressed the last few days, loneliness is really getting to me. I haven't had a date in years, or found anyone who would think of me as anything but a friend.
Who needs love when you can have internet?
Yyyyeah ahahahahahahahahashitimsadnow
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99859 on: December 16, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »

The symptoms of twisted neck from napping with my neck crooked have persisted for a few days now. Pain pills, or lying in some positions for an hour or more, are all that alleviate the pain. So I'm essentially bedridden for a significant portion of the day. I don't know if I'll be able to make my date tomorrow, or Star Wars with my friend the day after.

It's affecting my outlook, as well. My last post in this thread came as the acetomenophin from the night before was wearing off, so the pain was getting pretty bad. I can only post because I can hold my phone and also keep one of maybe four comfortable positions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99860 on: December 16, 2015, 05:02:43 pm »

So, finals are over. Two weeks of no school.
So... yeah. I still don't know anything about my crush, or if she has a bf or not. I don't have the slightest clue of what to do, or think. And it fucking bothers me. I still have at least one more class with her. What do I do? Worse, I might have a class with her every week for the rest of the year. Not talking to people is the easiest way, and that's obviously what I did, even knowing it would land me in a situation like this.

That's not really an option if I'm in a class with her, which just stresses me out more. If I'm in a class with her for the rest of the year, I would have no idea of what to do  (that sentence again.). She'll probably have friends or even her probably-boyfriend in that class. I might too, but it'd just be coincidence. Anyway, I'll probably just be paralysed if that would happen. I know I can't deal with talking to people in groups where they have friends and I don't, but I really don't want to be the awkward friendless guy sitting in a corner (again). I also don't want to be the awkward stalkery guy who makes any conversation awkward. Probably-boyfriend would be the worst.
These are all pretty bad scenarios, but even if it was just her... I don't know if I'd be able to handle an awkward conversation every week where I'd feel more awkward avoiding her than talking to her.
This is obviously on the assumption that I would be in a class with her. I might not be. In that case I'd probably also feel shitty.

And there's more fucking worries. Those were just the concrete ones. I don't even know what I'm feeling, or thinking. I can't seem to let go, because just coincidentally sitting a row behind her in the theatre causes me a huge amount of stress. I don't know if I want to or if I should. I don't even know how she or anybody else sees me. And I can't think of anything to do about it, because even if I had an idea every one is blocked by a huge pile of anxiety.
And I'm meeting a new therapist in January, my previous therapist stopped right after I was convinced my crush had a bf. I thought it would be ok and that I could find some peace and that meeting the new therapist in January would be ok but it's not.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99861 on: December 16, 2015, 06:10:14 pm »

I stand by my suggestion that you're worrying about this too much , miauw. You get two weeks away from school and you're sad about it because of liking a girl. Lovey-dovey shit is supposed to make people happy or some naive thing like that.

I'm kinda hypocritical though. I remember being like that, lovesick or whatever you'd want to call it. Got over it, though. Didn't get the girl either, but I honestly don't regret that. Now I just think it was stupid of me to get so stressed out and stuff - for months and years - over a girl I didn't really know or talk to who now, after graduating high school, I will probably never ever ever see ever again.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that, based on my experience, what may seem to be a huge deal and very important to you now could seem like a really silly thing to get worked up over, when looking at it in hindsight years later.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99862 on: December 16, 2015, 08:39:36 pm »

Agreed, but we get the irreplaceable power of hindsight. Heck, if I could, I'd go back so many times to slap my younger self that I'd be able to report myself for domestic abuse easily. Sadly I cannot and I have to live with all my choices and decisions until I either die or forget them, neither of which are coming soon enough to matter.

Oh right, sad stuff. Well, I'm just the right amount of drunk to be happy and whatnot, and I can feel it slipping into that all too familiar post booze depression. I'm not sure how I'll handle the coming day, most probably it won't be any good.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #99863 on: December 16, 2015, 08:50:15 pm »

The future seems rather pointless.

Ah well, passive sad and all - probably be gone by the morning.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99864 on: December 16, 2015, 10:02:51 pm »

Kinda nervous that my asking out someone may have been misinterpreted as a totally platonic 'Hey, that play sounds good - let's go check it out!'

I'm 90% certain that's not the case, buuuuuuuut...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99865 on: December 16, 2015, 10:31:52 pm »

Kinda nervous that my asking out someone may have been misinterpreted as a totally platonic 'Hey, that play sounds good - let's go check it out!'

Text/call them up. "Hey. Just to clarify, this is a date. 100% date date. Datey date date date. Daaaaate."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99866 on: December 16, 2015, 10:32:53 pm »

Text/call them up. "Hey. Just to clarify, this is a date. 100% date date. Datey date date date. Daaaaate."
yis
this is good idea
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99867 on: December 16, 2015, 10:37:17 pm »

Naah, that's the best bit: I purposefully picked a date where I sort of knew she was gonna be busy, so she'd have an easy way of backing out - which is important because we share a fairly extensive circle of aquaintances. I guess I'll just bring up the topic next time I see her in meatspace.

Also the dating culture here is rather different from the American one. The concept of explicitly asking someone out is pretty much unheard of here: It's all much less formalized here.

E: It's even possible that she thought it was supposed to be a date, but now thinks I didn't mean it that way... Stupid communication being full of performative acts.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99868 on: December 16, 2015, 10:46:13 pm »

Just tell her it's a date when you get there.  ;P
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99869 on: December 16, 2015, 10:46:58 pm »

My mother found a cat. A really friendly cat. A really friendly well-kept young cat. With a collar. Meaning it's someone's pet. And after she went and gave it lots of attention now this cat is hanging around our house. And it's a cold night.

We aren't set up for taking in a cat, even temporarily. I'm hoping the cat will safely bugger off back to his home.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6656 6657 [6658] 6659 6660 ... 8167