Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6651 6652 [6653] 6654 6655 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441728 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99780 on: December 14, 2015, 04:10:19 am »

Expressed that I was uncomfortable with being shown off every time somebody came over, partly because I dislike being the center of attention in general and partly because the thing of mine being shown off (Game Maker tutorial vids that I created) are really, really boring, and I'm honestly not very proud of them. Fun fact: constantly being asked to play whenever anybody came over is the reason I quit guitar.

Since I expressed that I'm uncomfortable showing my very boring, very mundane videos of me mumbling over a recording of my screen, which I did for money and money alone (a whole $6.75 an hour that I still won't see for several more days), I'm getting the silent treatment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99781 on: December 14, 2015, 04:37:35 am »

Get a really obnoxious musical instrument to troll people with when they ask you to show off your skills?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99782 on: December 14, 2015, 04:40:57 am »

I did play a cheap, plastic ocarina, briefly. Was fun.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99783 on: December 14, 2015, 06:03:26 am »

... Can I say that your country sucks?  Or would you rather I not?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99784 on: December 14, 2015, 06:39:52 am »

It is almost 11 at night. I'm supposed to be going to work tomorrow.
Here I am with the classic problem of not wanting to sleep despite not really having anything worthwhile or enjoyable to do right now, anyway. Perhaps it's simply due to the dread of heading to this shitty so-called job for which I don't get paid in the morning. I would much rather do... nothing, I guess.

I don't even have any coffee to wake me up en route- come to think of it, that's probably the main reason I feel so unenthusiastic.
Maybe it's time to go live in a cave somewhere subsisting on lichen, bugs and roadkill.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99785 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:30 am »

Just got kind of a pep talk from one of my friends about the whole crush thing. She said to just be who I truly am (this friend visited me in Brentwood (aka rehab), and she knows a lot about me too. She's probably one of my oldest friends I still talk to, as we met in grade school and have been friends since), and by that alone, I'll be what my mind thinks is "good enough" for her.

And now she wants to meet my crush, to the point she invited her to this party she's having on the 21st... So that's my friend from gradeschool, her boyfriend's sister, and my ex who all want to meet my crush...

These women are going to be the death of me :o
Looks like a bit of a high stakes situation, haha.
Do you think they would all be compatible as friends? Why not just let 'em all meet, sit back and watch what happens?
...Wait, this is the Sad thread. Do you not expect them to get along? Seems to me to be more Terrified thread material.

In my own sad, it seems it is time once again for stupid Australians to get all upset over a newspaper cartoon.
IT'S A FUCKING POLITICAL CARTOON IN A NEWSPAPER GODDAMNIT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO OFFEND PEOPLE JUST SUCK IT UP. >:(
I shall wait and see if this one leads to as much of a mindless outcry as the last one I posted about. Man, my country sucks.
I'm scared that it's going to either creep out my crush or make things extremely awkward...

It'd be great if the girl I'm crushing on met the people I love (my friends who saw me in rehab) and they all get along (and if they do, they probably would. You can't hate these people), but the other two? My buddy's sister who she's met briefly, and my ex, who I don't think I mentioned this about, who is losing her views on the border between fantasy and reality (she's not insane, but she's... Something... I don't know what you'd call it... And it scares me because I can't do anything to help her) And not only that, but my ex also approves of me and my crush from what I told her about my crush and how I've changed since we last met (a year and a half ago, and in that time span, I was in rehab, relapsed, and I'm still working to better myself).

It feels... Wrong? Not wrong, but something like that, to bring someone who I like a lot, but not actually dating, and inviting her to meet those who are pretty much my family who's closer to me than bloodlines.

Again, fantastic idea in theory, but... I don't know if she'd be ok with that...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99786 on: December 14, 2015, 09:44:54 am »

In other news, Meph (Masterwork) got robbed by a Lebanese (Syrian?) "Soldier" off where he took camp during his biking world tour. While no life was lost, he did lose his 2TB Hard Drive containing all of his trip's pictures, as well as various very valuable gear. Support a Bay12er in need over here.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99787 on: December 14, 2015, 10:07:00 am »

Was just pondering eyearms.

And I realized I'm one of the last people still around that know what those are.
You're not alone
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99788 on: December 14, 2015, 10:52:01 am »

I never understood what they were, but  I'm old enough to know the source.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99789 on: December 14, 2015, 12:13:07 pm »

Just had my annual review. Basically went like this:

"You did great! You've done an amazing job in the last 3 years, to the point where you're mentoring people now!"
"Great, so do I get a raise?"
"Ha ha, NO. No raises for anybody in the company. (Unless you're an executive, because the rules don't apply when you're the one making the rules.)"

Manager did get me the maximum performance bonus possible (6%), but bonuses don't stack year over year like a raise does. Which is why most of the increased compensation over the last few years has been bonuses rather than raises. But this (combined with the fact that they're making noises again about making me do an 80-mile daily roundtrip to work in an office where none of the people I work with are located, just because RULES) means I pretty much am going to have to look for a new job after the holidays.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99790 on: December 14, 2015, 12:43:47 pm »

People have no redeeming qualities to me anymore. There's the handful of people that I like (people who have been my friends for a long time, you guys, a few random people here and there), there's inoffensive people on the periphery (people I must interact with but don't especially like), and then the rest of humanity is by and large worthless, just causing eachother pain due to self interest, covering their own asses at the expense of anybody else. I wish I knew how to stop feeling this way, but I've felt this for a long time and I only find more supporting evidence as time goes by.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:46:47 pm by itisnotlogical »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99791 on: December 14, 2015, 12:59:51 pm »

I don't think it's that you don't like playing Dwarf Fortress so much as you don't like whatever baggage you have associated with it. I seriously get enjoyment from embarking at some rando location with "play now".

On the one hand, I have been thinking of trying random embarks. On the other hand, I'd think I'd just quit even more abruptly when I find the rng didn't deliver things juuuust right.

Spehss

How about a community game? Any of those running? If you aren't going first you don't have a choice about the terrain and shit anyway.

Definitely not. Community games are even more responsibility than just playing for fun. By signing up for a turn I gotta record what happens and deliver updates, with the other players depending on me completing my turn (or else suffer disappointment at how I flaked out) and typically the forts become a fustercluck that I just can't stand.

I think the problem is I'm just depressed, so everything's shittier. Was gonna post a thing earlier about "muh sad feels" but flaked out of that.
hop onto IRC sometime and coax people into starting a new IRC fort, i'd be up for it. all the responsibility you would have is to talk about random stuff as it happens in IRC :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99792 on: December 14, 2015, 04:37:25 pm »

Story time. Last year, I was on a school trip to some town. It was just my class and two others in the same "direction". We were there for three days or something. My friends were there, etc, good times ahead. I also had an ear infection since the day before we left, and only seemingly ineffective painkillers  (the doctor understandably didn't want to prescribe antibiotics if it could be viral) to deal with this. I still really wanted to go, though, and no ragrets. (On the whole, I mean. This IS about ragrets, but not really.)

But anyway, the night before we left there was some party thing organized by the dudes in the classes and stuff, and I was slowly dying (the Dutch word "creperen" catches my meaning quite well, but I don't know of an English equivalent) in my bunk bed. Not everybody in my room was at the party, for various reasons. I wasn't because I don't like parties and listening to loud music with a very painful ear infection seemed like an unpleasant experience.

So I'm on my room and bad music is being listened to anyway, just at a manageable volume.
So the topic is girls, as it is from time to time, and some of the dudes on my room start betting for me to go get one of the less popular girls. The reward I would have received for this would have been five to ten euros, in a time when the euro was a stronger currency than it is now. Anyway, it wasn't really about the money.

In the end I obviously did not do this and didn't really leave my bed for most of the evening. Even without head-splitting pain I probably wouldn't have done it.

The point of the story is that here I am, almost a year later, wondering if I should have done that. If it would have even been possible for me to do that. What it might have changed.

Eugh, this post isn't very coherent. I think the realisation that I don't really have a chance has finally settled in, so I'm just feeling pretty damn lonely. Desperate for affection /might/ be a way to put it? Nobody seems to be answering me, either, not even the flemish anonymous adolescent email help thingy.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99793 on: December 14, 2015, 05:17:11 pm »

You can't change the past, you can only change what you'll do in the future.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99794 on: December 14, 2015, 06:36:14 pm »

I'm not really sure if I'm really angry, or really sad, probably both. I'm starting to get sick and tired of feeling alone, but there's nothing I can do about it. There's no one around that I can form any kind of relationship with. And if a possibility does come up, I'm actually too afraid of the possible consequences of trying to even try to.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6651 6652 [6653] 6654 6655 ... 8167