Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6650 6651 [6652] 6653 6654 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443496 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99765 on: December 13, 2015, 08:04:44 pm »

Caroline: D:

Do you suppose CPS cares about narcissists terrorizing their children?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99766 on: December 13, 2015, 08:07:47 pm »

Does Honduras even have some kind of CPS?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99767 on: December 13, 2015, 10:56:56 pm »

Does Honduras's CPS, if they have one, actually function?

Someone figure this out.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99768 on: December 13, 2015, 11:40:00 pm »

Was just pondering eyearms.

And I realized I'm one of the last people still around that know what those are.
Shoes...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99769 on: December 13, 2015, 11:44:32 pm »

(Sorry if I'm cutting into the middle of something)

Random little sad: found an old video on my phone that brought out some feels.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99770 on: December 14, 2015, 12:29:59 am »

Just got kind of a pep talk from one of my friends about the whole crush thing. She said to just be who I truly am (this friend visited me in Brentwood (aka rehab), and she knows a lot about me too. She's probably one of my oldest friends I still talk to, as we met in grade school and have been friends since), and by that alone, I'll be what my mind thinks is "good enough" for her.

And now she wants to meet my crush, to the point she invited her to this party she's having on the 21st... So that's my friend from gradeschool, her boyfriend's sister, and my ex who all want to meet my crush...

These women are going to be the death of me :o
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99771 on: December 14, 2015, 12:50:49 am »

(Sorry if I'm cutting into the middle of something)

Random little sad: found an old video on my phone that brought out some feels.
I've kept some old MP3s from a certain semester of high school which I haven't listened to in years, except for a few seconds.  Originally I was just saving them because I had a tendency to listen to songs over and over again until they lost impact.  They were supposed to recharge.  Well, they did, and they're also powerfully linked with a period of time I really can't handle thinking about.

I kinda miss having strong emotions besides "shame" and "smug superiority".  But I guess I'm still afraid, and it's nice never feeling lonely or betrayed anymore.
(divorce and moving a lot sucked)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99772 on: December 14, 2015, 12:56:13 am »

I think the last thing that made me cry (... four times) was Steins;Gate... The VN, not the anime. I really recommend it. :)

The last thing that almost made me cry was listening to music from Steins;Gate.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99773 on: December 14, 2015, 01:18:27 am »

I want to play Dwarf Fortress.

Up until the point where I load up DF, generate a world, and find an embark site and prepare an embark site and embark. Then I lose interest. Because I don't like the terrain of the site, or don't like how I initially planned the fortress but can't go back and undo it because it's been dug, or I just get bored while starting the fort and go do something else.

I want to play Dwarf Fortress but I don't like playing Dwarf Fortress. Catch 22.

I don't think it's that you don't like playing Dwarf Fortress so much as you don't like whatever baggage you have associated with it. I seriously get enjoyment from embarking at some rando location with "play now".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99774 on: December 14, 2015, 01:25:04 am »

Spehss_

How about a community game? Any of those running? If you aren't going first you don't have a choice about the terrain and shit anyway.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99775 on: December 14, 2015, 01:58:03 am »

I don't think it's that you don't like playing Dwarf Fortress so much as you don't like whatever baggage you have associated with it. I seriously get enjoyment from embarking at some rando location with "play now".

On the one hand, I have been thinking of trying random embarks. On the other hand, I'd think I'd just quit even more abruptly when I find the rng didn't deliver things juuuust right.

Spehss

How about a community game? Any of those running? If you aren't going first you don't have a choice about the terrain and shit anyway.

Definitely not. Community games are even more responsibility than just playing for fun. By signing up for a turn I gotta record what happens and deliver updates, with the other players depending on me completing my turn (or else suffer disappointment at how I flaked out) and typically the forts become a fustercluck that I just can't stand.

I think the problem is I'm just depressed, so everything's shittier. Was gonna post a thing earlier about "muh sad feels" but flaked out of that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99776 on: December 14, 2015, 02:17:21 am »

Unzipped the new DF version. Attempted to generate a world. An hour later it reached 1050, and a couple seconds later, crashed. Siiiiiigh.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99777 on: December 14, 2015, 02:29:29 am »

Just got kind of a pep talk from one of my friends about the whole crush thing. She said to just be who I truly am (this friend visited me in Brentwood (aka rehab), and she knows a lot about me too. She's probably one of my oldest friends I still talk to, as we met in grade school and have been friends since), and by that alone, I'll be what my mind thinks is "good enough" for her.

And now she wants to meet my crush, to the point she invited her to this party she's having on the 21st... So that's my friend from gradeschool, her boyfriend's sister, and my ex who all want to meet my crush...

These women are going to be the death of me :o
Looks like a bit of a high stakes situation, haha.
Do you think they would all be compatible as friends? Why not just let 'em all meet, sit back and watch what happens?
...Wait, this is the Sad thread. Do you not expect them to get along? Seems to me to be more Terrified thread material.

In my own sad, it seems it is time once again for stupid Australians to get all upset over a newspaper cartoon.
IT'S A FUCKING POLITICAL CARTOON IN A NEWSPAPER GODDAMNIT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO OFFEND PEOPLE JUST SUCK IT UP. >:(
I shall wait and see if this one leads to as much of a mindless outcry as the last one I posted about. Man, my country sucks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99778 on: December 14, 2015, 03:41:37 am »

my life feels squandered as it is.
Taking time to learn a new skill, join a community, or work on a part of yourself (say, your temper,) isn't squandering your time. Quite the opposite, actually. It's the definition of personal enrichment. Just because you're not using it to make money doesn't mean you're wasting that time. Think of it less as "doing something manly" (some of my fiercest, strongest, most respectable opponents were women, as was one of my kickboxing instructors,) and more as "doing something to better yourself."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99779 on: December 14, 2015, 04:04:08 am »

Was going to head to a gig tonight despite not having any money (it's free), then got to the train station to discover there were no more trains leaving for 30 minutes. I hadn't left myself enough time to get there without missing the first band, and the first band was one of the two bands I actually wanted to see (out of three)... so yeah, guess I'll save my energy.

Would have been fun.
A lot more fun than sitting around here, listening to the overly-loud voice of my problem housemate echoing from the other side of the house. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6650 6651 [6652] 6653 6654 ... 8167