Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6648 6649 [6650] 6651 6652 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443962 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99735 on: December 12, 2015, 01:28:34 pm »

We're going to have to put down petri kitty. Infected wound in his neck/jaw, hasn't healed, vet says there's nothing we can do.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99736 on: December 12, 2015, 01:54:35 pm »

... :(
My condolences...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99737 on: December 12, 2015, 05:48:52 pm »

In an argument, recently had the "you can't ever be wrong, can you?"
It's a peeve. I'm happy to be wrong when I'm actually wrong. But they wanted me to give up on it simply so they could be right for once. Wasn't even a politics or environmental thing, either. It was solid, proveable stuff, like the color of someone's eyes or who said what in a movie.

Then they get peevy when I rewind to make sure, as though the argument is worthwhile enough to interrupt the movie for, but not important enough to verify.

Gets my goat. Really isn't hard to say "my bad, thanks". It's my go-to phrase, not to mention basic politeness. *various annoyed mutterings*

That sounds pretty infuriating
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99738 on: December 12, 2015, 06:13:15 pm »

I had a similar situation earlier this year, which was resolved by basically just walking away from the situation. I've learned that even if you act in good will to everyone else, there will always be people who won't reciprocate that, and there's not really anything you can do to change that. It sucks, big time, though.

Yeah. Turns out one of them might not be involved. The other almost definitedly.

There's only one thing to say to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN6lpSkBmWE
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99739 on: December 12, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »

Meh. I want to talk about crush things again but there's really nothing to say that I haven't said already :x
I still feel bad about this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99740 on: December 12, 2015, 07:53:27 pm »

I dozed off yesterday afternoon and woke up at 9pm, so now my sleep schedule is fucked. AGAIN. This is incredibly frustrating. I wish I could just sleep at night and then be awake in the morning. Is that too much to ask?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99741 on: December 12, 2015, 07:54:12 pm »

From experience, yes. Yes it is.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99742 on: December 12, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »

I barely slept last night and I got up at 8 AM this morning. It was a long and somewhat productive day, so I kinda collapsed and happily fell asleep at 10 PM, hopeful that I'll finally get a good nights sleep. It is now 2 AM and I'm fully awake :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #99743 on: December 12, 2015, 09:43:45 pm »

Finally got around to actually installing the Steam client.

Thing needs to do a hell of a lot of updating but the figure was in KB, not MB as I'm familiar with approximating in the context of datacaps, so I Google'd it for a quick translation.

>246 MB

Yeaaaahnope. Looks like that'll have to wait until the mornings when I get free Internet for all intents and purposes. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99744 on: December 12, 2015, 10:01:25 pm »

Jeez, do you have dialup or something?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99745 on: December 12, 2015, 10:06:10 pm »

All the cool people are using psychic cats nowadays.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99746 on: December 12, 2015, 10:22:53 pm »

I'm beginning to understand why depression seems to skyrocket around this time of year. Almost, if not all, of the messages both subliminal and explicit bandied about in Christmas advertising, songs, and theme seem to be pinpointed towards my emotional vulnerable points. It doesn't help that I'm exposed to all three in excessive quantities at my job, which is also growing more stressful as the days go by, both due to this fucking emotional attraction that I not only didn't ask for but explicitly hoped wouldn't happen and the influx of customers buying shit as Christmas approaches.

Another thing about this is that I'm really good at my job - not a big accomplishment, I go multi-hour stretches without actually thinking - and the management in my department, who all like me quite a bit due to my work ethic, are starting efforts to cajole/pressure me into increasing my hours so I'm there more - currently I work almost but not quite full time and they want me to up that so they can promote me. I don't have the heart to tell them that I'm miserable at this job and am beginning to despise it with all of my internal organs. I mean, usually I'm an easygoing person and I haven't gotten angry in years but that place brings me as close as I've been for a while. I look at the customers I serve with actual disdain and resentment now. Why? I don't know them, they could be okay people. But because they bring me work I feel disgruntled towards them for no good reason. I dislike the person it's molding me into.
Can't wait to get out of here or dramatically reduce my hours and go to school - which will bring me around as much angst about my fucking love interest that I didn't even voluntarily choose because she goes to the institution I've applied to, which in hindsight was a factor in my decision making.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this bullshit teenage angst I thought after 3 fucking years of the stuff I'd be over it but noooo it just has to gradually transition into adult angst
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #99747 on: December 12, 2015, 10:31:13 pm »

Satellite internet, which forces a datacap on us. Same reason I haven't played multiplayer games over the internet in months.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99748 on: December 12, 2015, 11:00:01 pm »

Satellite internet, which forces a datacap on us. Same reason I haven't played multiplayer games over the internet in months.
Ewwww. No-one should have to live with data caps (or at least horribly small ones). That's too cruel.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99749 on: December 12, 2015, 11:11:51 pm »

Ewwww. No-one should have to live with data caps (or at least horribly small ones). That's too cruel.
+42
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6648 6649 [6650] 6651 6652 ... 8167