Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6647 6648 [6649] 6650 6651 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446201 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99720 on: December 11, 2015, 07:08:25 pm »

Got on medicaid, have to do all that junk. I didn't ask for food stamps. They basically shoved them at me.

My dad has a violent temper. He seems to yell a lot, tends to hit walls with the side of his fist, etc. When I bring it up, his response is "too bad, that's how I relieve stress." He then insists it isn't me he's yelling at but other things. Also, he says I need to toughen up, etc.

Does anybody have any advice for dealing with relatives who have mental illness or rage problems?

He hasn't hurt anybody etc, but damn it's hard to deal with.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99721 on: December 11, 2015, 08:19:39 pm »

Does anybody have any advice for dealing with relatives who have mental illness or rage problems?

Run.

Or just deal with it until you're able to run, yo. People that act like that can't be helped.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99722 on: December 11, 2015, 08:21:53 pm »

Some people I respected and thought respected me back turn out to have been: 1) Badmouthing me  2) taking advantage of my good will.

Depending on how far back you go, I recall certain comments made off hand in front of me that sounded odd at the time but they claimed they were... compliments. It sounded odd even back then, and I was suspicious, but I disregarded it because you can't go around second-guessing your mentor-figures right?

I'm angry but it's cold anger. For the record.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99723 on: December 11, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »

Run.

Or just deal with it until you're able to run, yo. People that act like that can't be helped.

Does he have a console? You could get him a (presumably console) first person shooter game or something for christmas. In the past, I found FPSes good ways to de-stress or get rid of anger, although multiplayer game where I was repeatedly killed by other players had the opposite effect (Since then I've developed the ability to just get rid of anger instantly with, essentially, logic (It makes it impossible to think clearly, and therefore it is pointless and counterproductive to be angry), but telling someone else to just think their anger away is probably not the best idea - they may just get angry :P).

Or do what Caz suggested. I'm assuming psychiatry is out of the question.

So I'm here because I just read http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-ex-oklahoma-cop-rape-conviction-20151211-story.html
I'm glad he's been found guilty and is likely going to jail for a long, long time, but apparently vulnerable people being raped by cops is a thing that's happening across the country and this is the first I've heard of anyone being charged and convicted for it. :'(
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #99724 on: December 11, 2015, 10:18:40 pm »

I thought amazon had cheated me out of ~$50 by charging my account and then claiming the payment was declined.  Turns out that was grocery shopping which coincidentally happened on the same day with about the same total.

So now some poor guy in India is dealing with a mildly angry email claiming I lost money and some OTHER tech support person is probably going to get my "psych ignore the previous email" email. :-X  Also the payment was still declined so I don't have my stuff.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99725 on: December 11, 2015, 11:57:08 pm »

Some people I respected and thought respected me back turn out to have been: 1) Badmouthing me  2) taking advantage of my good will.

Depending on how far back you go, I recall certain comments made off hand in front of me that sounded odd at the time but they claimed they were... compliments. It sounded odd even back then, and I was suspicious, but I disregarded it because you can't go around second-guessing your mentor-figures right?

I'm angry but it's cold anger. For the record.

I had a similar situation earlier this year, which was resolved by basically just walking away from the situation. I've learned that even if you act in good will to everyone else, there will always be people who won't reciprocate that, and there's not really anything you can do to change that. It sucks, big time, though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #99726 on: December 12, 2015, 01:21:49 am »

I'm kinda-but-not-really sad about my thread getting nuked. It was a thread named 'THIS MUST STOP' with 2 rickrolling links in them. It got three replies before it disappeared off the face of the forums.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99727 on: December 12, 2015, 04:32:11 am »

Yeah, Toady tends to nuke things that exist solely for shitposting. Probably just as well that he does.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99728 on: December 12, 2015, 04:46:54 am »

Depends on where you put them really I think. That's more or less on the level of some of the more popular forum games.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99729 on: December 12, 2015, 04:59:15 am »

Well, forum games aren't really shitposting, because even the most minimalist of minimalist RTDs is at least kinda organised.

But, yeah, it does depend on where you're shitposting, to some degree, I guess.

E: Holy crap that's a lot of commas in that sentence
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:02:53 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #99730 on: December 12, 2015, 05:00:07 am »

Hey look at it other way - you could've been banned on top of thread removal v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99731 on: December 12, 2015, 06:25:18 am »

E: Nevermind, I don't want anyone to be mad at me again.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:29:04 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99732 on: December 12, 2015, 06:28:49 am »

E:...

Why do I always faceplant when I try to do reassuring.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:51:41 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99733 on: December 12, 2015, 07:46:26 am »

I need to buy a bag of marshmallows just in case my housemate Loudmouth McShitforbrains ever somehow catches fire.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99734 on: December 12, 2015, 08:34:48 am »

Okay, so this is kind of a happy but as a follow-up to my vaguebooking, while I was thinking of how to word my insecurity in a way that doesn't infuriate worse-off people, I realized that I would feel better if I started comparing how much I accomplished with how I used to be.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6647 6648 [6649] 6650 6651 ... 8167