Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6646 6647 [6648] 6649 6650 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446814 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99705 on: December 10, 2015, 05:32:57 pm »

Approaching people is... really painful. Each moment they take to reply makes me want to run away and cry.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99706 on: December 10, 2015, 05:34:55 pm »

Yeah, socializing sucks.

It gets better as you do more of it though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99707 on: December 10, 2015, 05:46:26 pm »

It gets better as you do more of it though.
That explains why I'm so bad at it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99708 on: December 10, 2015, 05:56:58 pm »

Approaching people is... really painful. Each moment they take to reply makes me want to run away and cry.
Pretty much yeah, except you forgot the part where you overanalyse everything they do and say and worry about it afterwards.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99709 on: December 10, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »

Overanalysis doesn't seem to go away, and I'm nothing if not bold and charismatic.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99710 on: December 10, 2015, 09:13:32 pm »

So you want to be off-putting to yourself?
Well, no, I just wish I didn't find such people off-putting. And then perhaps I could try being one myself.     
I wish I was more outgoing in general, let alone being over-exuberant, excitable and loud. :P

Edit: I can't muster up any enthusiasm. I should be enthusiastic right now but I am not. I just want to stay home and sleep.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:12:31 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99711 on: December 11, 2015, 06:39:42 am »

... It is officially inevitable, I can't finish either/both of these essays by 3 today.

Anyone want a cloud of doom?

And this after getting really good grades on my interim.

*sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99712 on: December 11, 2015, 06:59:24 am »

*bop* :D
Each moment may not have the underlying implication of something bad :P Just them loading their response sequence.
But seriously: Nothing bad onto you if you don't get a reply within the next ten seconds to the next minutes :< As far as I know, you aren't being avoided by intent. At all.

... It is officially inevitable, I can't finish either/both of these essays by 3 today.

Anyone want a cloud of doom?

And this after getting really good grades on my interim.

*sigh*
Focus on one and keep at it instead of giving up? :/ Probably talk to your instructor if you can pass it hours later?
I believe in you!

Sad: Busyness is high. x_x

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99713 on: December 11, 2015, 07:00:37 am »

I wish I lived in Toronto proper. There's a lot of events that I'd like to go to but it's such a bitch to get to the city that it's impossible most of the time. ;_;

There's a
Spoiler: NSFW/NSFStraights (click to show/hide)
going on in 2 hours that I wish I could go to, but it's so short notice that I found out about it that I can't. Sad! D:

But...Why?
I guess it could be rather entertaining to do a dramatic reading of Othello while ocasionaly spouting comments like "hey, nice butt dude" :v
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:03:32 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99714 on: December 11, 2015, 01:34:58 pm »

Welp, my division is shutting down and at the worst possible time too. I really really would rather not go back over-the-road, so it's time to find a new job. Too bad I'm being given maybe a week's notice so my chances of actually being accepted somewhere before I have to leave are slim.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99715 on: December 11, 2015, 01:44:11 pm »

Edit: I can't muster up any enthusiasm. I should be enthusiastic right now but I am not. I just want to stay home and sleep.
I dragged myself out of the house and struggled lethargically along to the thing I was supposed to be enthusiastic for, and I'm glad I done- once I was there I had an excellent time. Granted, now I feel like a grubby old dishcloth that's been chewed by a pack of derpy puppies, bleached thoroughly and put through a few brutal spin cycles in the washing machine/old-school mangle/washboard, but it was worth it. :)

Tomorrow/today is going to be a day of recovery.
Time for some soup, methinks. Yes, I know, this is really a Happy post, but it is also a follow-up to a Sad. I don't know, it's a happy ending to the story or some such. Sorry.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #99716 on: December 11, 2015, 02:20:33 pm »

Welp, my division is shutting down and at the worst possible time too. I really really would rather not go back over-the-road, so it's time to find a new job. Too bad I'm being given maybe a week's notice so my chances of actually being accepted somewhere before I have to leave are slim.

Hugs and good luck to you, trucker god(dess).
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99717 on: December 11, 2015, 03:21:10 pm »

Update:Extended one, the late penalty is only to an 85 on the other, I can at the very least make this work.
Ish.
I hope.

Thanks, Tiruin.
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99718 on: December 11, 2015, 06:21:40 pm »

I keep forgetting that Terry Pratchett AND Leonard Nimoy AND Robin Williams are all dead, all in the last two years. ._.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99719 on: December 11, 2015, 06:39:11 pm »

I keep forgetting that Terry Pratchett AND Leonard Nimoy AND Robin Williams are all dead, all in the last two years. ._.
:(  :'(

And Granny Weatherwax.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6646 6647 [6648] 6649 6650 ... 8167