Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6632 6633 [6634] 6635 6636 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441402 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99495 on: December 05, 2015, 09:07:23 pm »

:(
Holistic assessment? A thought nudged me that at times...there may be a limit to what people assess -- as in, "only what's been present [for the most recent and longest length of time]", that they may miss many other aspects towards how the other person is like.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It...didn't come off to me as if it's a seperation thing though? Just...going through recalibration of perception. Not the endpoint?
Still *hugs*.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #99497 on: December 05, 2015, 09:14:22 pm »

I Kinda don't even know if I should stick around. Maybe if I moved out she'd be happier and I'd stop being another reminder.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #99498 on: December 05, 2015, 09:14:57 pm »

:(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #99499 on: December 05, 2015, 09:18:11 pm »

Know you're a person with needs and wants, and stick around if you think it'll help your own struggle through this tumultuous phase. Just because man was made to help others, doesn't mean he should do that by hurting himself.

stay strong

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99500 on: December 05, 2015, 09:25:27 pm »

Dude no. Like, I don't know the whole story or anything, but you seem to be one of the rare positive things in her life. Even if things don't work out between you, do try and be there for her, even if you can't help directly, having someone to lean on in one way or another can make all the difference.

@miauw, yeah, unless he just openly up and kissed her or something, or she introduced him as her boyfriend you can't be sure. And as stated earlier, the onyl real way you can be sure is by asking either her or someone who's bound to know. So instead of fucking yourself over by theorycrafting with incomplete data, go and complete your data before making anymore decisions on the matter.

@Tiruin, sorry about the uncle thing, and sorry about being late about it :V Also good luck with the exams.

As for myself, well, had a fun evening with friends, but, as expected, the shittyness returns the moment I'm alone with my thoughts. Really feel like I'm at wits end here with no clear path or solution, and the only viable option is asking someone for help. Yet, the last time I actually opened up and let someone in I ended up hurt and led to this situation, so I'm not sure if risking that again is an actual option. Doesn't help that she was the only one it actually felt natural to talk to about these doubts, fears and generally fucked up shit, with everyone else it's freaking terrifying.

Also thought I saw her today, heading for the bus station to take the same bus I was supposed to. Thankfully that didn't turn out to be true, but the thought of having to share the same bus literally shut me down and brought me to the breaking point from a relatively stable and ok state of mind. This shit should not be happening, I shouldn't let myself be this fucking weak, yet, I have no idea how to exactly do it. Or I do but it requires things that I'm not willing or prepared to do it seems :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #99501 on: December 05, 2015, 09:36:30 pm »

It's just really hard.

I never feel like I'm making a positive impact in her life. I can never make people who cause her problems realize and fix things up in time, I even somewhat feel responsible for what happened between her and shad0wdump since I'd always get so angry at him when he slipped up that he eventually decided just to not listen to me anymore.

She likes to say I help a lot but I just feel like I've been accidentally ruining things for her as long as I've known her. And now I find her depressed over yet another friends actions, and again it's one I've annoyed to the point they just never want to hear from me.

I'm the worst thing that ever happened to her.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99502 on: December 05, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

I'm the worst thing that ever happened to her.
Y'know, if a close friend of mine said that about their SO/ex/whatever, I'd tell them to take off their glasses. Then I'd slap them in the face.

That's literally the most wrong statement I've seen all week. Whatever reasoning makes you think that, it's false.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99503 on: December 05, 2015, 09:41:20 pm »

There's no way that's true, Owlga. I hope you feel better.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #99504 on: December 05, 2015, 09:41:54 pm »

I agree with Helgoland. And from what I can gather from both yours and her posts you're one of the best things that has happened to her, not, in any way, the worst.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #99505 on: December 05, 2015, 09:45:46 pm »

True or not, it certainly feels like it. She's been in and out of major depression since this may and I've barely been able to help her.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99506 on: December 05, 2015, 09:51:08 pm »

That's fairly typical for major depression though, innit? At least in my experience.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99507 on: December 05, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »

It's impossible to know when a depressive wall will reach its end before getting there. The feeling that no progress is being made is in large part what isolates depressed people, even the depressed person doesn't know if they're going to break through tomorrow or next month.

As such, to be effective support I'd advise trying to cultivate a resolve independent of perceived progress, as it cannot be easily perceived to begin with. This is generally counter-intuitive to how humans think about accomplishing things, and is thus difficult.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #99508 on: December 05, 2015, 10:12:48 pm »

It's especially difficult when the depressed person in question is convinced someone can help her over the wall nearly immediately. If she were to find the right sort of person.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99509 on: December 05, 2015, 10:16:39 pm »

I'm no expert on persons, but I'm pretty sure that's Hollywood bullshit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6632 6633 [6634] 6635 6636 ... 8167