Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6630 6631 [6632] 6633 6634 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439663 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99465 on: December 04, 2015, 06:39:07 pm »

This is probably the worst I ever felt watching anime.
Then you clearly haven't wached enough anime.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99466 on: December 04, 2015, 10:18:07 pm »

Aw shit. I think what started as a common cold has been overinfected by some bacteria.
I'm  giving it a day. If by tomorrow this time it doesnt look significatively better -or at least less purulent- I'll consider additional measures
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99467 on: December 04, 2015, 11:21:27 pm »

Ugh, fuck this night. I'm not sure if I was intentionally excluded or if I excluded myself. It wouldn't be the first time for either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99468 on: December 04, 2015, 11:26:24 pm »

Aw shit. I think what started as a common cold has been overinfected by some bacteria.
I'm  giving it a day. If by tomorrow this time it doesnt look significatively better -or at least less purulent- I'll consider additional measures
I learned a new word today.
I also learned how hard it is to find specific words in Internet dictionaries that have much more popular roots.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99470 on: December 05, 2015, 03:13:55 am »

I also learned how hard it is to find specific words in Internet dictionaries that have much more popular roots.
Wiktionary. The only English words it can't find are very new and/or uncommon slang words. Roots don't matter, it takes them into account. Many non-English words work, too.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99471 on: December 05, 2015, 04:27:47 am »

I'm having to work myself up to a state where I can start working on anything. Apathy is rising again. Bleh.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99472 on: December 05, 2015, 07:21:29 am »

I was watching One Punch Man and it was quickly becoming my favorite show, I love soo many of its characters and even if I don't laugh it is one of the best written shows I've seen in a while.

But... goodness

There is a character in it called Puri Puri Prisoner and he is basically an over the top gay stereotype who was put in jail for being a serial rapist... whose last scene is him trying, and failing, to drug two hospital patients.

All from Japan a country that constantly mocks the gay community and basically makes them a total joke... With a character who wasn't even over the top for their own stereotypes.

... I feel absolutely horrible...

This is like if I was watching the Sound of Music and getting into it... and suddenly a "Minstrel" (Black Face) appears and acts like a monkey and is named Jim Crow.

This is probably the worst I ever felt watching anime.
You know, I've read the pictures, and he's probably one of the more genuinely heroic characters among Hero Association.

I also don't remember the "drug hospital patients" scene there, it was probably added for the anime as a part of "increasing the mass appeal" or some other bullshit that Japan comes up with, like adding "mandatory ecchi scenes" to everything where it's possible to add them.

Thread related: being sick still sucks :(
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99473 on: December 05, 2015, 07:37:40 am »

Not... currently in the anime

Currently he just fights villains because he just so happens to run into them when he is out to "Molest" guys.

He has yet to do something for unselfish non-criminal reasons... He is kind of a hero by coincidence really. :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99474 on: December 05, 2015, 08:04:12 am »

He is in prison (until he escapes).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99475 on: December 05, 2015, 10:25:16 am »

Wiktionary. The only English words it can't find are very new and/or uncommon slang words. Roots don't matter, it takes them into account. Many non-English words work, too.

And if it's not in there it might be in Urban Dictionary
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99476 on: December 05, 2015, 11:28:46 am »

*snip*
Don't go full Werther, man, it's not worth it. Learn to let go of things you can't change. Learn to let go of people who cause you pain. You'll feel much better, trust me.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99477 on: December 05, 2015, 12:17:08 pm »

It's me and my brother's birthday, hooray. Naturally, everyone said happy birthday to my brother and ignored me.

Also, my brother went to hang out with his friends to celebrate, just another reminder of how much fun he gets to leave the house and have fun with other people while I just sit in the house everyday being lonely.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99478 on: December 05, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »

It's me and my brother's birthday, hooray. Naturally, everyone said happy birthday to my brother and ignored me.

Also, my brother went to hang out with his friends to celebrate, just another reminder of how much fun he gets to leave the house and have fun with other people while I just sit in the house everyday being lonely.
Have you tried going to bars? Even if you don't make friends, you'll get a fair share of human contact.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99479 on: December 05, 2015, 12:29:57 pm »

Have you tried going to bars? Even if you don't make friends, you'll get a fair share of human contact.
I'm 17 today, I can't drink. If I could I still probably wouldn't do it. Also, there are no bars around here.
Pages: 1 ... 6630 6631 [6632] 6633 6634 ... 8167