Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6623 6624 [6625] 6626 6627 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436137 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99360 on: December 01, 2015, 04:42:04 pm »

Well yes and no.

But I still think you should do something, break out of the feedback loop before it gets worse.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99361 on: December 01, 2015, 04:54:26 pm »

Asking a question like thatis basically admitting I like her, really.
oi m8 you realize that to get to any kind of serious relationship you gotta admit to the other person "i liek u romantically" at some point.

That's pretty much Rule 1 of romance shit, I'm pretty sure.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99362 on: December 01, 2015, 04:56:19 pm »

Asking a question like thatis basically admitting I like her, really.
oi m8 you realize that to get to any kind of serious relationship you gotta admit to the other person "i liek u romantically" at some point.

That's pretty much Rule 1 of romance shit, I'm pretty sure.
... Annnd this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99363 on: December 01, 2015, 05:03:48 pm »

Yeah but saying it to somebody I haven't even talked to much is probably going to do nothing except make all of our future conversations really awkward. At best, that is.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99364 on: December 01, 2015, 05:04:56 pm »

Can you recap or something?  Because I have this funny feeling that I might be confusing your situation with someone else.
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99365 on: December 01, 2015, 05:37:40 pm »

Fair enough.

Writing this actually helped me a bit. Didn't expect that. Thanks.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99366 on: December 01, 2015, 05:45:00 pm »

Re: Not wanting to live forever

Maybe this makes me weird, but the idea of true eternal immortality freaks the shit out of me. It's easy enough to say "I want to live forever". I'd definitely want to live a long time, if possible. A couple hundred years. Maybe even a thousand?

But forever doesn't stop there. Would you be happy living 5000 years? 10,000? 100,000? Would you really want to wake up to millions of mornings, with thousands of years of built-up regrets and boredom weighing on you?

And of course, with true eternity, the first ten million years isn't even a drop in the ocean for how long your consciousness is going to stick around. Whatever your mind is like by then, it won't resemble anything we'd recognize as human, let alone sane. But still it keeps going, and going, and going...

So yes, I think that death is preferable to eternal life. And I consider oblivion vastly more comforting than an endless afterlife. I'm not even remotely suicidal, but I recognize that there's limits to how long I'd want to be alive and conscious in the grand scheme of things.

...do you have actual evidence that that'd happen? Nobody's lived long enough to tell.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99367 on: December 01, 2015, 06:15:22 pm »

Well, there's Jehovah and Jesus...
Of course, solid information on their mental state is hard to come by.  But it would explain some of the rumors!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99368 on: December 01, 2015, 06:17:18 pm »

@miauw:Glad I could help.
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99369 on: December 01, 2015, 06:22:22 pm »

I don't really have the time or the attention span to sit down and play the new DF version. I could find some time between studying for finals and writing papers, yeah, but I quickly get bored of it within minutes of starting. Partly due to new version not having some utilities *cough dorf therapist cough* but mostly because I just flat out lose interest.

Bit of a bummer.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #99370 on: December 01, 2015, 06:26:40 pm »

Guess what?
Gunner-Chan hasn't been on this forum for a MONTH.
That means no more changing thread titles for the happy thread...instead stuck with the DISGUSTING one
Rubidium has RETURNED!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99371 on: December 01, 2015, 06:30:00 pm »

Gunner-Chan left.
Remember?
You need to pester the designated thread caretaker instead.
Also, what, how do you arrive at this conclusion.
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99372 on: December 01, 2015, 06:37:33 pm »

Well, there's Jehovah and Jesus...
Of course, solid information on their mental state is hard to come by.  But it would explain some of the rumors!
.jpg
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99373 on: December 01, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »

The word 'ass' is disgusting now?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99374 on: December 01, 2015, 06:52:22 pm »

Change goat mom to unicorn. Problem solved.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6623 6624 [6625] 6626 6627 ... 8167